ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Reality Gaming Planet

HomeHomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2

Go down 
+8
Kyle
Sir Boydly Boydster
Pete
derB
Tiffani
Mr Phoc
Thian
Enchantress
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Thian
Lucky Star
Lucky Star
Thian

Monkey

Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2   Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 11:22 am

PhocQ:
Method to my madness my friend, method to my madness. However, I do think potentially you could be Mafia. At this point of course there is hardly any flow of conversation which is a bit aggravating and I kind of don't want to over take and pull or push people anymore.

I want people to come forward and participate instead of me instigating people to speak. I've done it way too much and I'd like to see how people naturally come forward with their information.
Back to top Go down
Thian
Lucky Star
Lucky Star
Thian

Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2   Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 11:27 am

Currently 3 people are on PhocQ's lynch right now. Kyle my vote may swing to you.

why have you chosen phocQ?
Back to top Go down
derB
Host
Host
derB

Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2   Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 11:36 am

I see what you are saying now, PhocQ, and yeah, it looks like soon I will be. I don't feel your post was rude, per se, as I feel your frustration. You were the first one brave enough to speak up about the pitiful participation in this game. A completely idle game isn't any fun.

Every mafia/werewolf game I have played here has been tainted by inactivity to some degree, and this just seems to follow suit. I am not pinning this on any one individual, especially not the hoat (Jackie, I sympathize).

Maybe the members of this site just need a long vacation from the format of this game once this one is over, hopefully sparking some more interest when it returns.

But for now, I think they only way we are gonna get this game moving again is with rapid fire, controversial votes, to get people riled up. I don't think you are Mafia at this point, PhocQ, I found your post brutally honest. So I won't be voting for you.

Thian, the lack in your observational posts and abundance of your questioning posts made me feel that maybe you are trying to set people up with questions that will aid you in forcing them to dig their own graves.

I vote to lynch Thian.
Back to top Go down
Thian
Lucky Star
Lucky Star
Thian

Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2   Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 12:07 pm

derB:
Being brutally honest does not depict a trust worthy place to gain comfort in, which is what you seem to be doing.

That is my observation on you currently. so ready to trust a post ? albeit you may be town, you are putting faith into a blunt post. Blunt posts do not make comfort blankets in knowing someone is town.
Back to top Go down
Thian
Lucky Star
Lucky Star
Thian

Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2   Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 12:12 pm

My observations:
Mandie
Kyle
Stacie
Pete
Dragonldy
Cam
Sir Boydly

these peoplea re dangerous to have around currently. They are either uninterested, or do not wish to contribute their thoughts.

so pick your poison, who do you want lynched and we will go for them? We don't have anything else to do here.

I find also your thought that everyone around came onto the website during the night phase, yet, that does not mean they fully participated during the night round. There are other things to do on this website, and complete avoidance of the mafia thread could have possibly happened.

so pin pointing the blame to be that the doctor had saved someone is a weak assumption at this point.
Back to top Go down
Pete
Host
Host
Pete

Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2   Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 12:19 pm

The reason I think that these games have gotten more and more inactive each game is cause people don't want to speak up as much as they used to for the fact that people make comments such as what PhocQ just did (and why I voted for him).

I think people are sick and tired of people getting pissed off and making things personal, it has happened far too much and I for one am sick of it. It is one thing to be very observant and look into everything with a lot of scrutiny, it is another thing to tell people that they bring nothing to the table. Why the hell would anyone want to bring anything to the table if they have to fear it turning into an annoying argument that seems to be happening every game.

I'm sorry if I'm turning this into more than it needs to be but I just feel we need to stop this type of thinking now or there is no way people will enjoy these games anymore. It is why I have said I won't host ever again and it is why certain people no longer play, and others have said they no longer wanna play.

I also want to agree with derB that I think once this game ends it is probably time to take a break with these games
Back to top Go down
Pete
Host
Host
Pete

Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2   Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 12:20 pm

oh and Thian, why am I one of the ones who are dangerous to have around? I'd just like a little more input on that cause I am confused on that
Back to top Go down
Enchantress
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
Enchantress

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2   Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 12:36 pm

DEADLINE for Day 2 - Tuesday, March 15th - 10:00pm EDT
*Please note earlier deadline!!!*

VOTES: (Majority of 6 needed to lynch)

PhocQ: 3 votes of 6 (Thian, Kyle, Pete)
Thian: 1 vote of 6 (derB)

Pending votes: 7

Cam, Mandie, Sir Boydly, Tiffani, Stacie, PhocQ, Dragonldy
Back to top Go down
Thian
Lucky Star
Lucky Star
Thian

Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2   Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 12:37 pm

I threw names out of people who have not made a big impression so far in the game, or held back, due to which ever reasons it may be.

You are posting more this round so I am not as leery, but thast my throught process on that list.

I do appreciate your comments on taking things a little over the top with some wording, I think my mind set is a bit different at least in this game, that what is said, isn't deframing someone personally, but should be looked at mostly that, because of the contribution factor, what are you bringing to the table, are you lurking, or is there something you are hiding? If you haven't posted. Why not?

I think its just in the wording and how it is presented is why it appears to get personal, when really. If you are posting in the game, about the game saying what have you brought to the table so far, or contributed to discussion and someone says "nothing really"...

it is just trying to bring someone out and start talking.
Back to top Go down
Thian
Lucky Star
Lucky Star
Thian

Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2   Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 12:38 pm

Pete:
your vote for phocQ at this point, why phocQ really?
Back to top Go down
Mr Phoc
Stardust
Stardust
Mr Phoc

Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2   Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 1:39 pm

Pete,

Was I trying to get under people's skin so they would post? Yes. It really is that simple. Last night I posted my thoughts on the game. Nothing personal, just my thoughts on the game. And 4 people posted after me and all of them said NOTHING. Nothing at all. Just posts to make sure people knew they hadn't forgot abou the game.

Since my attempt at trying to stimulate conversation about the game by using my own observations failed, I tried a more blunt approach. I called people out the way I see them. Was I harsh? Yeah I was. But in my opinion I needed to be.

You call me rude. Know what i think is rude? Not giving a shit. Watching the host and other players put a lot of hard work into this game and yet some people can't be bothered to type more than "i don't know what to think so I won't"

Well thanks for nothing, Sir Boydly. I find THAT rude. That people can't even be bothered to use their brain for 2 minutes and make a post. It's rude to the host and it's rude to the people who do care.

Pete, you are mistaking my being personal with you taking things personal. I am simply doing what I think I need to do to catch the Mafia. It seems the past 2 games were not decided by intelligent debating but by which side had the most inactives. The reason why the witches lost last game was cause Virtuanno didn't care. The reason why they didn't lose sooner than they did was cause Mandie didn't care. Not caring is not acceptable to me. And if I sense you don't give a shit, I will call you out. Every time. If you don't like it TFB.

And if I am the reason why people have stopped playing or are scared to speak up, then just let me know and I will make sure this is the last post I make.

Back to top Go down
Thian
Lucky Star
Lucky Star
Thian

Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2   Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 1:49 pm

^^^^
no, don't do that phocQ you are debating fine.

My questions right now are directed towards pete and kyle.

just waiting on responses from them.
Back to top Go down
derB
Host
Host
derB

Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2   Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 2:06 pm

I can echo Thian here, PhocQ. You are doing fine and trying to actually play this game.

I tried to avoid the same old shtick that I have adhered to since my second game, but here goes: INACTIVITY SUCKS. THE BAD GUYS CAN HIDE IN A QUIET MAJORITY. THIS LEAVES THEM TO BE DISCOVERED ONLY BY CHANCE.

Inactivity: It kills games. Makes them not fun. The major reason Jackie did not get caught sooner last game was because, IMO, she didn't post for the first few rounds and got the free pass. This happens with all the lurkers. Every time. "They aren't suspicious because they haven't posted anything suspicious". Pretty sure the mafia is counting on that, and I am utterly dumbfounded that more people haven't caught on to that yet.

I don't know how many more ways I can say this. I feel like I bring a pretty good case against letting lurkers slide each game, yet it is what happens.

Mafia can hide among lurkers.

Lurkers don't give insight.

Lurkers can play your emotions, calling you a bully for voting for them, citing "what have I said to be suspicious?"

Lurkers dangerously bandwagon to save their own bacon.

Inactives put the majority out of reach. The majority lynch is the towns only scum ridding tool.

Mafia can fall back when a vocal townie goofs up, framing them.

Quiet mafia force our good roles to reveal themselves when nothing is getting accomplished, allowing them to get picked off.

The longer a free-pass lurker goes in the game, the harder it is to convince yourself they are evil until it is too late.

I don't know what else to say for the matter, except I can agree with PhocQ. This inactivity has to be addressed and fixed.

I retract my vote for Thian

I vote to lynch Mandie.
Back to top Go down
Enchantress
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
Enchantress

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2   Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 2:10 pm

PhocQ: 3 votes of 6 (Thian, Kyle, Pete)
Mandie: 1 vote of 6 (derB)

Cam, Mandie, Sir Boydly, Tiffani, Stacie, PhocQ, Dragonldy
Back to top Go down
Pete
Host
Host
Pete

Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2   Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 2:36 pm

My issue is that in the earlier games they were a lot more active and everyone had fun playing but then it seemed that people made more and more posts to get under peoples skin and it upset people and one by one people have stopped playing.

Where is Kenya, DragonTear, Bryan, etc.

To me it seems that people don't participate as much as they used to because people are posting under peoples skin.

PhocQ, I don't want you to stop posting or stop playing, I do appreciate that you are being active and I agree that inactivity sucks. I just think we need to look at the people who have stopped playing and figure out why they don't play no more. Maybe not all stopped playing because they felt it got personal but some did.

I retract my vote on PhocQ

the reason I am retracting is I made that vote out of annoyance and anger, as I'm just tired of personal attacks and you can say that you didn't mean those comments as personal but I feel those type of comments are unnecessary and only cause problems. Comments like that ruined Witches 2 and I'm gonna fight back against those type of comments from now on.

Regardless, I'm just going to drop it for now, it isn't worth getting more heated on this subject, you know my feelings about it and that's that.

I'm gonna post more in a little my feelings on everyone, I meant to do that yesterday but got sidetracked, will do it today.
Back to top Go down
Enchantress
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
Enchantress

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2   Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 2:39 pm

PhocQ: 2 votes of 6 (Thian, Kyle)

Pending votes: 8

Cam, Mandie, Sir Boydly, Tiffani, Stacie, PhocQ, Dragonldy, Pete
Back to top Go down
Staciekins
Star Ruby
Star Ruby
Staciekins

Horse

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2   Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 2:47 pm

Wow, sorry... Weekends are busy for me. I won't be around tonight either, as I have a birthday dinner to attend.

PhocQ- to answer your question, I think these games are fun. However, I again have the same role I did in the last game, so I don't get to send in pm's and I don't get to vote to save people or anything fun. I only get to post who I want to lynch. I kind of have to base it on whom everyone else is going to lynch, because I am still so new to these that I don't know how to play them, which is why I am probably getting stuck with these roles.

I check the website daily and I am very active, even if I don't post. If you guys want, everytime I check it, I'll just post, "I'm checking it!" I don't like to comment every time, because I really don't know what to say/ask and I don't want to just lynch someone just because!

So, I'm not going to post who I think we should lynch just yet, I'm not leaning toward anyone at this point, there's hardly any evidence. I will vote with the majority (like it or not), and I think someone needs to be lynched this round, because not lynching someone gets us NO WHERE!!!!

There ya go! =)
Back to top Go down
Tiffani
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
Tiffani

Pig

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2   Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 3:17 pm

PhocQ wrote:
Tiffani - Say something funny.

Something funny ponder
Back to top Go down
Tiffani
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
Tiffani

Pig

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2   Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 3:25 pm

Pete wrote:
The reason I think that these games have gotten more and more inactive each game is cause people don't want to speak up as much as they used to for the fact that people make comments such as what PhocQ just did (and why I voted for him).

I also want to agree with derB that I think once this game ends it is probably time to take a break with these games

I disagree, I think some people just get their feelings hurt and give up on the games instead of realizing it's JUST a game. I've spoken more and more since my first time playing because I've become more sure of myself, more confident in my opinions and more confident in knowing that even if I'm wrong, it's ok
And if you guys all take a break then I'll die of boredom with my pitifully boring life lmfao

PhocQ wrote:
Pete,

Was I trying to get under people's skin so they would post? Yes. It really is that simple. Last night I posted my thoughts on the game. Nothing personal, just my thoughts on the game. And 4 people posted after me and all of them said NOTHING. Nothing at all. Just posts to make sure people knew they hadn't forgot abou the game.

Like what Thian & derB did to me basically in one game, and at first i was flustered but then I just realized I needed to be clear with my opinions and to give them!
Back to top Go down
Thian
Lucky Star
Lucky Star
Thian

Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2   Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 3:26 pm

Stacie:
Seeing as you are new, perhaps you can give us each a question on something someone has said already.

For example: derB has made quite a few posts, is there anything you want to question about his ideas.

what about phocQ? when he posted your question do you have anything you would like to ask him?

how about pete? or did you notice anything from day one that stuck out to you?
Back to top Go down
Tiffani
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
Tiffani

Pig

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2   Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 3:29 pm

Pete wrote:
My issue is that in the earlier games they were a lot more active and everyone had fun playing but then it seemed that people made more and more posts to get under peoples skin and it upset people and one by one people have stopped playing.

Where is Kenya, DragonTear, Bryan, etc.

To me it seems that people don't participate as much as they used to because people are posting under peoples skin.

Which is kind of what Phoc said, it's not about people being personal, it's about others taking it personally. Well he said you, but that's what I thought. There are quite a few players in these games that just take things too personally and don't realize that people don't attack the person, they attack the character in the game. I don't get pissed off when people want to lynch me or the bad guys kill me, but I know some people who do, and it's really not neccessary. It's JUST a GAME.
Back to top Go down
Staciekins
Star Ruby
Star Ruby
Staciekins

Horse

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2   Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 3:36 pm

Well, I used to think that when people posted a bunch of questions, it made me kind of suspicious of them. I thought, they must be trying to divert the spotlight away from them and onto others by asking them questions. Sometimes, questions seem too random to have anything to do with the game, and I think, "Really?"

Then, after reading Pete's description of why he thinks people are inactive, I definitely don't agree with him. I think people (like Tiffani said) get their feelings hurt. I know I am that type of person, but we all have to remember it's just a game.

I don't think we need to take a break from these games. Games are fun... I think we need to quit talking all this nonsense, and start lynching people!!

Thian, thanks!

PhocQ- Why are YOU playing this game? lol.. totally kidding! I bet you and I would be friends on the "outside!" haha

Pete, don't be tired of these games (and DerB). Lets have fun!!!! I'm new to all this, I want to play and I want to have fun (that's what she said).

Boyd, where are you? I was looking SOOO forward to playing a game with you and your quick wit!

Amanda, I hope you don't get voted out early! =/

Tiffani- I think you are a smart player. I bet you have one of the cool roles. I'm jealous!

Cam, are you mad that I voted for you in the first round? I only did because of Majority. I really like you!

So, let's start playing and having fun!!!
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Star Quartz
Star Quartz
Kyle

Snake

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2   Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 3:40 pm

Like I said yesterday, gonna be a busy weekend for me as well with the ACC tourney so I wont be glued to the boards. Duke and UNC are in my backyard literally. And if Duke wins their game today(UNC already won today) and has a rematch with UNC tomorrow in the championship then I wont be around much tomorrow either. It truly is my intention to try and go through and really put time into breaking down the first 2 days worth of posts. Just havent had the time, watching 4 bball games a day will do that. Not an excuse, just a fact. As for my current vote on Phoc, I trust Thian's vote so I followed his lead. Had nothing to do with Phoc's post, he was clearly just trying to bait people. I will try and put aside an hour tonite to go through and really look at day one and two and give more feedback. My vote doesnt change right now though, perhaps it will after further breakdown.
Back to top Go down
Sir Boydly Boydster
Star Quartz
Star Quartz
Sir Boydly Boydster

Pig

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2   Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 3:56 pm

PhocQ wrote:

You call me rude. Know what i think is rude? Not giving a shit. Watching the host and other players put a lot of hard work into this game and yet some people can't be bothered to type more than "i don't know what to think so I won't"

Well thanks for nothing, Sir Boydly. I find THAT rude. That people can't even be bothered to use their brain for 2 minutes and make a post. It's rude to the host and it's rude to the people who do care.

My vote is PhocQ

That took less than a minute and you are soooooooo welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.catwyp.com
Enchantress
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
Enchantress

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2   Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 4:00 pm

PhocQ: 3 votes of 6 (Thian, Kyle, Sir Boydly)

Cam, Mandie, Tiffani, Stacie, PhocQ, Dragonldy, Pete
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2   Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mafia 2 - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Day 2
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next