ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Reality Gaming Planet

HomeHomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Board of Trustees: Deetster

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Doug
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Doug

Dragon

Board of Trustees: Deetster Empty
PostSubject: Board of Trustees: Deetster   Board of Trustees: Deetster EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 3:28 am

Deetster, you may address and question the Final Two here. Final 2, you may answer in this thread.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/profile.php?ref=name&
Deetster
Winner
Winner
Deetster

Horse

PostSubject: Re: Board of Trustees: Deetster   Board of Trustees: Deetster EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 4:24 pm

Hey hey guys! Good game by both of you!

Anyways, I think I was probably the most misled in this game, and you all did a very good job at doing that. I figured if with Kyle/Alex not trusting me, and knowing they'd turn on the rest of my tribe at 7 anyway, and that I would be a primary target, I knew I needed to try to work something new with your guys' tribe. Ultimately failed as well. But I guess I didn't fall any lower than I thought I would have got through another path, so I can't complain.

More to you guys now, you both did a really good job, but I also just don't know how to judge things.

For instance, Kenya, I really just don't know how to think of what you've done in this game. On some level just based on the manner in which you went about the game, you seemed flustered with attempting to not get personal but failed at it pretty badly. You made the step to not lie to me in some fashion as to present yourself as "keeping your word to me", but I think you pretty much denied the same treatment to Cory. I mean...was that a personal decision?

I almost would have preferred after knowing that you made sure everyone else voted for me that you just went right ahead and voted me too. If I asked for cake, and you promise me cake, I'm clearly not going to be happy that you gave me poisoned cake. Just don't give me cake at all and tell me to go screw myself, lmfao. I almost find that less insulting in a backwards manner, but that's just the way I look at things. It was as if you were attempting to play a really manipulative and cut throat game but didn't follow through completely at times, or are attempting to deny the harshness or manner in which it was done at certain points by sugar coating it with the ways you were able to twist things so that you weren't REALLY lying. In ways that's more deceitful, and I'm not quite sure you fully pick up on that. I feel you deny yourself, or don't go all the way with some things which makes me think that you are thinking personally on a level (which if you don't want it to be personal, don't bring it into the game AT ALL), or perhaps as Cam eluded to, he had a stronger grasp on what moves you ultimately made, and you kinda had to swallow your ethics gearing you otherwise and go with the flow.

Either way, I kinda said, ya know what, I'm going to once and for all be completely and utterly loyal to Kenya so that she never again can harken back to "trust issues" in a game before we even knew each other, where I voted you out. So I said, she wants to see that she can trust me? Okay, I'll trust her 100%, and let's see how that plays out. It played out with you getting 3 people to vote me out, which is really fine, but please don't even say something about our "trust issues" again in a game, cause really, straight up lie or not, real trust issues stem from deceit, trickery, and mind games. I'm not going to say I didn't love how you played to be safe, and that I don't think it was great, but I'm just saying let's not bring up trust between us being tilted because of my past actions, cause look at yourself now. But you know I genuinely like you, and you did play great, I'm just telling you not to bring that up to me anymore in future games or we'll just have a talk about what "trust" is, and that's it's beyond lies and truth.

Brant, you played a really great game too, and I completely expected you to do such. I never attempted to target you, or bring you up as a target really because I completely knew that you had at least Kenya or Cam in your grips, or as the case was, kinda both, lol. I'm glad that I got to play with you again, and your game was really distanced from mine just because I didn't even bother getting you into a deal that I knew was going to be fake for sure from your angle, and most likely mine, so I just had to hope that Cam/Kenya were trustworthy and nervous about you beating them in the end, which, hell, maybe the should have been, huh? Lol.

Anyway Brant, I really didn't get to see your game as I noted, so I feel that I don't have much of a rant to say about anything we said. You lied to me too of course, and I attempted at best to keep making deals where we wouldn't vote eachother "for a round", but I'm not really mad about it, or I should say it won't affect my vote, because you never attempted to make statements on your trustworthyness, or my trustworthyness that make me really judge how trustworthy you were. You never attempted to bring morals and who you 'love' into this game so I can't really judge you based on what you weren't looking at. You played a straight up decent strategic game, and I think you made the wise move of knowing that people would act in a predictable fashion so that you didn't need to open up avenues that didn't need to be opened.

I'm not a bitter voter, but I do respect people who know how to look good in front of the jury, and that is something I judge, and it just seemed great that instead of getting your hooks into everyone, and violently ripping them out, you wisely had your hooks in few, and reeled em in nicely where as when it got to the end, it got to the end, and no one can really look at you negatively in that regard. It can be said however that you were in a position that your fate was in the hands of others. But I respect taking that risk, especially when it pays out as it did for yourself, because it shows your read on people and the game. I played same way, hoping for the less likely opposite of what your were investing in, and it really panned out well for you, not so much for me. But we both know acting in that manner is generally how you win games, and you definitely played it magnificently. I also respect the fact that you gave Sadie the time of day, and it does say something that she was the last of my tribe standing, and not me or Cory who Kenya/Cam focused on.

I just felt like ranting guys on where I stand on you two, and how I'm viewing the game. If you feel comfortable with what I've said, or want to comment on my current thoughts on you two...possible misconceptions or clarifications, by all means go ahead. If not, I will read everything else you guys say, and decide my vote based on that. So essentially that's all for my questioning. The balls in your court to say what you want to me on how I should either maintain or change my thought processes, so go ahead if you wish.

With that long rant, I bid you both good luck, and congratulate you again on playing really well!
Back to top Go down
http://copsandrobbers1.proboards.com/index.cgi
Brant
Winner
Winner

PostSubject: Re: Board of Trustees: Deetster   Board of Trustees: Deetster EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 5:48 pm

Hey, Deetster.

Thank you bringing something up that I did try to focus on --- not making final # deals with people that I did not intend to honor (mainly you, Cory, and Sadie) because I knew that I'd be perceived negatively if that happened and didn't need to do it. I won't speak for Kenya and the necessity of doing it for her game, but for my game, there was no reason to promise anyone besides Cam and Kenya final 2. I felt like that was a strategic necessity albeit not moral, but I just barely beat Cam in the final challenge, so had I lost, it was important that I had put so much focus into cementing him. And I do believe that he would've taken me to the final 2, even if that was just because he thought he could beat me. But as he said, I did talk to him more than anyone else talked to him.

As far as putting my fate in the hands of others, I felt like there was one key round I needed to win immunity --- final 5, or I could have been a main target at the vote. Had Sadie won, I knew that Cam had his immunity idol that expired then, Bryan had an extra vote that expired then, so I would have needed to recruit Cam and Sadie against Bryan in order to stay and try to capitalize on Bryan's past-votes settling the tie if Bryan (with 2 votes) and Kenya would have voted for me to make it 3-3. I thought about that vote a lot. Even though I had a backup plan that could've worked, that was the one key challenge I needed to win to survive, and I made sure to schedule my day to win it since it was endurance posting.

I did put a lot of trust into Cam and Kenya once we merged especially because I knew that was what I needed to do. Like you brought up with Sadie, I tried not to just socially neglect anyone (except Kyle, who I was only with the round we voted him out) just so that in case things went wrong, I could maybe use the fact that we talked so much as a backup route. But essentially, yes, that was the strategic aspect of my game. I'd have liked to see Pete go a little further, but otherwise, all of the votes went favorably for me...so I didn't see any reason to change them. Bryan appeared ready to vote you out, and Cam and I had briefly discussed voting you out the first time we had the numbers to do it anyway since Kenya was so insistent on not voting for you, and the first round we could was final 6 which was the round where, in making her plan, Kenya gave her consent to me, Cam, and Bryan to vote you out without having to do it herself. But with her consent, I knew that it worked as best as possible for me because we could get rid of you without upsetting Kenya, and it would put Sadie final 5. Sadie was my Hornswoggler of choice for the final 5 anyway. I could've used my Panic Pop final 6, but I decided to throw it away final 7 because I knew my vote was necessary to vote you out the next round...and I couldn't vote if I used it the same round.

Hopefully that helps confirm what you said and fill in any gaps that you might be unsure about.
Back to top Go down
Kenya
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Kenya

Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Board of Trustees: Deetster   Board of Trustees: Deetster EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 9:00 pm

For instance, Kenya, I really just don't know how to think of what you've done in this game. On some level just based on the manner in which you went about the game, you seemed flustered with attempting to not get personal but failed at it pretty badly. You made the step to not lie to me in some fashion as to present yourself as "keeping your word to me", but I think you pretty much denied the same treatment to Cory. I mean...was that a personal decision?
Alright Deet, you and I have went through a lot.. I knew that you were being loyal to me this time, I could feel it and I could NOT vote you out. I didn't want to do it at all, which is why I brought up the plan to not have to do it. Because you proved to me so much that you were being loyal to me, and I was literally stuck of what to do. But I knew I could not beat you in the end, so I knew that you needed to go sooner rather than later. As well as the originally promises I made to Brant, Bryan and Cam. As for Cory.. him and I have had a rough past and I don't know if he was being sincere about our secret alliance or not, because obviously I wasn't. But I do feel that him and I got over the hate for each other, because when he was voted out, it was not a matter of me wanting him gone because I actually didn't and I knew him staying around would benefit Cam and me. But I also knew fighting for him would make people be like WTF, so I just had to go with the flow on that one and hope that Cory didn't hate me afterwards for it, but at the same time.. if he did.. it was kind of a situation of.. what else is new. So it was a completely different situation with Cory than it was with you. I had to make these alliances as a bunch of backups to protect Cam and me. That is what I did and it worked. I don't regret how I handled either situation.

I almost would have preferred after knowing that you made sure everyone else voted for me that you just went right ahead and voted me too. If I asked for cake, and you promise me cake, I'm clearly not going to be happy that you gave me poisoned cake. Just don't give me cake at all and tell me to go screw myself, lmfao. I almost find that less insulting in a backwards manner, but that's just the way I look at things. It was as if you were attempting to play a really manipulative and cut throat game but didn't follow through completely at times, or are attempting to deny the harshness or manner in which it was done at certain points by sugar coating it with the ways you were able to twist things so that you weren't REALLY lying. In ways that's more deceitful, and I'm not quite sure you fully pick up on that. I feel you deny yourself, or don't go all the way with some things which makes me think that you are thinking personally on a level (which if you don't want it to be personal, don't bring it into the game AT ALL), or perhaps as Cam eluded to, he had a stronger grasp on what moves you ultimately made, and you kinda had to swallow your ethics gearing you otherwise and go with the flow.

I know that the whole me not voting you, could look good or could look bad. But it wasn't about that for me, it was about how I did not want to break my promise to you about voting against you. I mean to you it may seem like whatever.. but to me that's just how it is. I did the same thing with Bryan, I wouldn't vote him out even though I knew he was going to leave anyway, even though Bryan said I could vote him. I refused to do it.. and I'm close to both of you and I felt you both deserved the respect of me not voting for either of you to leave. You and I share different views on backstabbing and what not, I'm not saying that I didn't backstab you or whatever, what I'm saying is I couldn't vote against you, so I didn't. It was not because I thought by not voting you that you'd vote for me in the end. It was just something I had to do for me, out of respect for you and the fact that you were so loyal to me. I did not want to regret voting against you, so I didn't.

Either way, I kinda said, ya know what, I'm going to once and for all be completely and utterly loyal to Kenya so that she never again can harken back to "trust issues" in a game before we even knew each other, where I voted you out. So I said, she wants to see that she can trust me? Okay, I'll trust her 100%, and let's see how that plays out. It played out with you getting 3 people to vote me out, which is really fine, but please don't even say something about our "trust issues" again in a game, cause really, straight up lie or not, real trust issues stem from deceit, trickery, and mind games. I'm not going to say I didn't love how you played to be safe, and that I don't think it was great, but I'm just saying let's not bring up trust between us being tilted because of my past actions, cause look at yourself now. But you know I genuinely like you, and you did play great, I'm just telling you not to bring that up to me anymore in future games or we'll just have a talk about what "trust" is, and that's it's beyond lies and truth.

I won't, no worries. I do trust you and I do believe you! You know I <3 you Deet Smile
Back to top Go down
Deetster
Winner
Winner
Deetster

Horse

PostSubject: Re: Board of Trustees: Deetster   Board of Trustees: Deetster EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 11:20 am

Yeah...alrighty, well that pretty much solidified things, and other than seeing what else you guys answer, I think I'm pretty sure what I'll be doing.

Thanks and good luck!
Back to top Go down
http://copsandrobbers1.proboards.com/index.cgi
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Board of Trustees: Deetster   Board of Trustees: Deetster Empty

Back to top Go down

Board of Trustees: Deetster
Page 1 of 1