ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Reality Gaming Planet

HomeHomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Board of Trustees: Cory

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Doug
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Doug

Dragon

Board of Trustees: Cory Empty
PostSubject: Board of Trustees: Cory   Board of Trustees: Cory EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 3:28 am

Cory, you may address and question the Final Two here. Final 2, you may answer in this thread.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/profile.php?ref=name&
Cory
Star Quartz
Star Quartz
Cory

Cat

PostSubject: Re: Board of Trustees: Cory   Board of Trustees: Cory EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 12:39 am

First off, I would like to congratulate you both on making it to the final 2... you did what the rest of us could not, outwit and outplay. Now it is time to see who will outlast.

This game was quite interesting for me. I felt like I had this game in the bag, but then I was given a wake-up call, and was voted out. I was completely blown away as you could imagine to discover that somehow, someway someone gathered together everyone else behind my back to vote me out. Congrats to them on such a job well done!

I do have a comment or two for each of you, followed some questions for you both to answer. I honestly have no clue where my vote will go tonight, so I am looking for you to sell me your honest answers.

BRANT....

I feel that you were one of the most underestimated players in this game. I for one did not meet you until mid-game, and we made a small pact saying we would let the other know if eachother's names were brought up for a vote. What ever happened to that? I understand you had a final four deal and you had never intended on going to the end with me. But what's the harm in letting a bro know he is going? Only one person did that and that was Deetster. Should I lose some respect for you because you couldn't be more honest?

Also... your final three vote has rubbed me the wrong way. You clearly know that you have a better shot against Kenya in the finals over Cam. And yet, I feel Cam deserves the spot in the finals over Kenya. So why did you make the decision you did? Are you trying to get away with an easy win, because sometimes that ends up losing votes instead of gaining some?

KENYA...

Kenya, Kenya, Kenya. First of all, I am very happy that the two of us worked things out and became friends once again. I was really looking forward to going to the end with you in an alliance no one would suspect. But alas, that did not happen. Your truly ally in this game was Cam, the innocent, everyone loves him sort of guy. Wait, did I say innocent? Truth be told, and he will admit this himself, this is the first game where Cam had to play dirty, lie, cheat, steal, all that good stuff. And he had only one influence: you. How does it feel to take someone who is so nice and innocent and turn them into a devious player such as yourself? Are you proud of the monster you created?

Also... there was post made by you a while back at OrgPlanet. The link is below, but basically you said you did not care about ORGs anymore... that you don't like they way they are played nowadays. Every since that post, I found you kind of giving up on this game. You were not as active as before and there was little communication between you and myself. Why should I vote for you if you simply don't care? If you don't care about the game, then I suppose you don't care if you win or lose either, am I correct?

Link to said post above: https://orgplanet.forumotion.com/space-junk-f4/thoughts-t3639.htm

Thank you both for your answers. I have no hard feelings toward either one of you, I just want to see you fight for my vote. Good luck! Smile
Back to top Go down
Kenya
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Kenya

Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Board of Trustees: Cory   Board of Trustees: Cory EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 1:19 am

Kenya, Kenya, Kenya. First of all, I am very happy that the two of us worked things out and became friends once again. I was really looking forward to going to the end with you in an alliance no one would suspect. But alas, that did not happen. Your truly ally in this game was Cam, the innocent, everyone loves him sort of guy. Wait, did I say innocent? Truth be told, and he will admit this himself, this is the first game where Cam had to play dirty, lie, cheat, steal, all that good stuff. And he had only one influence: you. How does it feel to take someone who is so nice and innocent and turn them into a devious player such as yourself? Are you proud of the monster you created?

Hey Cory, I'm so happy too that we're all good now! I do want to say this whole paragraph made me laugh so hard.. LOL! I don't think that was the intention but it was fricken awesome! Of course I am proud of Cam, he is awesome. Doesn't that just show you right there how much of an influence I can be on people.. I had you believing in our 3 way alliance with Cam.. I had Deet believing in a 4 way alliance with Deet, Cam, Sadie. I had Brant, Bryan, Cam believing our final 4(which actually was what I wanted from the start). And was able to help influence Cam into playing very similar.. it's not a bad strategy and he seemed to have enjoyed doing it with me along the way! We even toyed with the idea of ditching our final 4 alliance and either going with you or with deet. We had loads of fun with all of those talks. But alas, I would not call him a monster. He is still that sweet and innocent guy that everyone loves and if he was in the final 2, he would no doubt win for that reason because it doesn't matter if he did all those things.. you can't help but love Cam!

Also... there was post made by you a while back at OrgPlanet. The link is below, but basically you said you did not care about ORGs anymore... that you don't like they way they are played nowadays. Every since that post, I found you kind of giving up on this game. You were not as active as before and there was little communication between you and myself. Why should I vote for you if you simply don't care? If you don't care about the game, then I suppose you don't care if you win or lose either, am I correct?

Link to said post above: https://orgplanet.forumotion.com/space-junk-f4/thoughts-t3639.htm

When I read this part, I was like thinking to myself.. why did I make that post.. I do remember now of why I made that post.. it was during the round that Alex was trying to frame Pete on the other tribe.. I was on skype chatting with Bryan actually. Out of no where Bryan is like OMG Alex just showed me a conversation between Pete and him and how Pete was trying to get him out. I was like what? That doesn't make sense.. why would Pete switch on you.. anyway the next day I talked to Brant about it and he found out that Alex actually made a fake conversation.. like editting it and everything to try to make Pete look bad and then after that I felt like.. wtf.. and thought about all the other past games where people do shit like that.. and I was just turned off from the game.. the game went sour for me for a bit at that time and yes I did shut down for a bit and I wrote that message.. I also talked to many people about how I felt that round and about that situation. Hence why I wrote that thing, yes eventually I got over it and stopped worrying about it and got back into the game. But for a moment that type of situation.. made me sour about the game and ORGs in general that people have to go that low.

I do care about the game, my heart is in this game, but the game will never be more important to me than friendships that's for sure. So yes I do care about winning, I do want to win. But obviously if Brant wins that's cool too because he's awesome and I love him. Smile

But you should vote for me to win.. because I was able to turn Cam into a monster Wink you know you love it! Razz
Back to top Go down
Brant
Winner
Winner

PostSubject: Re: Board of Trustees: Cory   Board of Trustees: Cory EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 3:42 am

I feel that you were one of the most underestimated players in this game. I for one did not meet you until mid-game, and we made a small pact saying we would let the other know if eachother's names were brought up for a vote. What ever happened to that? I understand you had a final four deal and you had never intended on going to the end with me. But what's the harm in letting a bro know he is going? Only one person did that and that was Deetster. Should I lose some respect for you because you couldn't be more honest?

This is going to be long because I want to put my whole thought process on deals and pacts in perspective.

Just to make this clear, when we made the deals to look out for one another, I felt like in my head, we had one for the round right after the merge where Kyle left and then a second one the round where Pete went home. I don't remember and didn't see anything later than that in our chat logs that where we discussed looking out for one another for more than those two separate rounds...and after that, I didn't see any further deals and didn't think that I could trust you further because you had end-game plans not involving me, and I had end-game plans not involving you. You did say that you heard Bryan was going to be the target, and I casually agreed during our last chat when you were in the game. That was before I knew that it was going to be you that round; I thought Cam and Kenya might want to get Sadie out because she was closer to me and more of a challenge threat.

From what I heard, Deetster didn't know about the alliance with you, Cam, and Kenya and thought that offering to vote you out to them would've made them happy since he thought you and Kenya still disliked each other. So that's why I think your name came up --- because of conversations with Deetster and Cam and then Deetster and Kenya when he told them that he'd vote you out. Once I knew that you were the target, since I had immunity with my Panic Pop and wasn't voting, I would have 100% let you know that you were the target had I seen you online. I was even asking people what you knew about the vote and if they had talked to you recently on the day of the vote. However this wouldn't have been out of personal honesty or whether we had a pact or not, it would have been because part of my strategy (in addition to my main plan to go to the final 2) was to be perceived less negatively to the players Cam and Kenya were betraying. So I wanted to warn you just to get that positivity from you associated with me.

Had I not been immune, I would not have considered telling you that you were going home because I would have wanted to make sure your past-vote was for Bryan and that it didn't somehow switch to me. That's why I didn't honor my pact to look out for Deetster final 6: past-votes. I was playing very safe and trying to avoid those past-votes that were going to be key at final 6 and especially final 4. So if you're looking at me as the more respectful and morally honest player, then I think you should lose some respect for me, yes. Because nowhere have I ever claimed to be that kind of player. It wasn't out of my own morality or goodness that I did certain things; it was just one aspect of my strategy that would've worked much better had I been able to talk to you. My perspective was that your feelings towards me were neutral and would remain neutral towards me if you were voted out that round...I wanted your thoughts of me to shoot up positively by warning you, but still thought that you thinking of me neutrally would be better than you thinking of Cam and Kenya negatively with them betraying you.

Hopefully that makes some sense. I mean, my main strategy consisted of the moves I made to get to final 2, and the "positive/anti-negative perception strategy" for when this jury vote came was just something else I was trying on top of that that seemed to semi-work with some players but wasn't perfect.

---

Also... your final three vote has rubbed me the wrong way. You clearly know that you have a better shot against Kenya in the finals over Cam. And yet, I feel Cam deserves the spot in the finals over Kenya. So why did you make the decision you did? Are you trying to get away with an easy win, because sometimes that ends up losing votes instead of gaining some?

No, I'm not doing this for an easy win at all. I would not consider bringing someone with me who isn't deserving. I would not have brought Bryan with me based on the way that he played. I didn't see him online or talk to him enough. I brought Kenya with me because she was my closest ally this game, and she also has played well enough that she deserves a shot at the win. From my perspective, I felt like my conversations with Cam were just lacking something that my conversations with Kenya did have. Cam would IM me every challenge, but besides the challenges, I felt like I had to IM him and jump start the conversations. When there wasn't something major to talk about to give the conversations focus, we didn't speculate as much long-term or review all of the different aspects of the game like Kenya and I did. Kenya and I were just closer than I was with Cam.

I hope that the jury doesn't think I was aiming for an easy win because I certainly don't foresee one against Kenya, and that's not at all why I wanted to take her with me. Juries are typically unpredictable, and I believe that assuming you have a win against anyone is foolish. There are votes Cam probably would've got that I wouldn't have and there may be votes Kenya will get that I won't, but my aim is putting my closest partner beside me so that if I can't win, she can. I also take the fact that a winner should be deserving very seriously, and if I didn't think Kenya was potentially deserving like I think with Bryan, then she should would not be sitting next to me. Cam was certainly deserving as well, but I was closer to Kenya.
Back to top Go down
Cory
Star Quartz
Star Quartz
Cory

Cat

PostSubject: Re: Board of Trustees: Cory   Board of Trustees: Cory EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 9:32 am

Alright, one last comment for both of you...

KENYA... you wanted to ditch you final 4 alliance and go with me and Deet? It really is too bad you didn't. You screwed that one up.

and BRANT...

it is an easy win, whether you admit it or not, it is. Cam would have been a better competitor and more deserving in my opinion.

That's all, and good luck to you both.... trying to figure out who is the best of the worst is a difficult job.
Back to top Go down
Kenya
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Kenya

Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Board of Trustees: Cory   Board of Trustees: Cory EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 1:00 pm

It was just ideas Cam and I toyed with because we were in control at that time and could go anyway that we wanted to. I don't regret taking the path that I did. Not to mention the main reason I even let the thought be toyed with was to make Cam feel like I was not as connected to Bryan and Brant than I was.

As for your comments to Brant, I don't appreciate that. I don't know why you are attacking him saying he took someone that doesn't deserve to be in the end. I have played a deserving game. Just because you don't see it, doesn't make it any less true. I wouldn't be offended if I had played like Bryan, but that isn't the case. You may not see it because we didn't talk near the end of your time in the game, but the fact that Deet suggested you go and the fact that it was an easy vote to vote you out. There was always a possibility that you could have tried to switch and the moment you were out that possibility of losing control ended. I have played a solid game, it would be nice if you would actually open your eyes and see that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Board of Trustees: Cory   Board of Trustees: Cory Empty

Back to top Go down

Board of Trustees: Cory
Page 1 of 1