ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Reality Gaming Planet

HomeHomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Board of Trustees: Sadie

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Doug
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Doug

Dragon

Board of Trustees: Sadie Empty
PostSubject: Board of Trustees: Sadie   Board of Trustees: Sadie EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 3:28 am

Sadie, you may address and question the Final Two here. Final 2, you may answer in this thread.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/profile.php?ref=name&
Sadie Jane
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
Sadie Jane

PostSubject: Re: Board of Trustees: Sadie   Board of Trustees: Sadie EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 5:38 pm

Well, here we are at the Board of Trustees deciding who would be best to run this factory.

Congratulations to you both for making it this far in the game. It disappoints me to learn you both felt the need to communicate with each other during the tribal switch when you were on opposite tribes, going against the spirit of the game. It reminds me of the scene at the end of the first Willy Wonka, where at the end Willy Wonka has Charlie and Grandpa Joe in his office. Willy says that Charlie has not won a lifetime supply of chocolate because he stole the Fizzy Lifting drink. In the end of course, Charlie proves himself to be worthy....but is either of you worthy?

Brant, you lied to me. Acting all naive and like you had it so rough not knowing people before the game, when in reality you came into the game with close friendships that led to an alliance.

Kenya, you had no chance to lie to me because you barely talked to me. In your opening statement you say you used your social skills "to the max." I would wholeheartedly disagree with that statement because when I had the chance to talk to you, you were almost nonexistent. We were on the same tribe since the tribal switch, and yet I know nothing more about you than I learned from the brief bio.

My questions for the both of you are 1.) Do you have any regrets? and 2.) If the two of you were not in the final two, who deserves to be there?
Back to top Go down
Brant
Winner
Winner

PostSubject: Re: Board of Trustees: Sadie   Board of Trustees: Sadie EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 7:37 pm

1.) Do you have any regrets?

1) I have two main regrets.

My main regret is how I handled Cam and Kenya and my final 2 alliances with them AFTER I won the final 3 challenge. With Kenya around the final 3 round when she started to sense that I was playing both her and Cam as far as assuring both of them final 2, the two of us got into an argument that emotionally seemed to hit Kenya hard, but then we made up before the final challenge. At that point, I still continued to promise both of them final 2, which I don't regret for its strategic necessity, but what I do regret is saying I'd bring them both to the final 2 still AFTER the final challenge was over. I was pretty sure I was bringing Kenya at that point but still needed to think about it, but I should've said to Cam, "Let me think about it," rather than, "Don't worry about it, we've had a final 2 alliance the whole time," like I did. The lie should have ended the second I won the challenge, but I wasn't able to explain to Cam and justify why I was taking Kenya until the next day. I look at that as a really poor move on my part just because I wasn't strong enough to tell Cam the truth that I wasn't taking him at the time, so when he found out the truth, it came as more of a shock to him and made me look poorer in the eyes of a juror.

The second regret is, like you said, going against the spirit of the game. I'm used to playing alias games where there are rules against cross-tribe communicating, talking with jurors, and that sort of thing and take measures such as blocking them to prevent it. In this game, using my main screen name, I just talked to anyone who IMed me, regardless. I've been IMed by ousted non-jurors, jurors, and players on other tribes and just continued the conversations if they started them. I got into cross-tribe communicating to the extent where I even PMed Kenya updates when we were on different tribes. I did honestly bring up to Kenya a few days ago that I wish we wouldn't have cross-tribe communicated (which was definitely as much my own fault as hers) and said that I respected Cam choosing not to do it more than her, but it was far too late to make a difference then. I honestly wouldn't do it if I could play this game again, even if it wasn't against the rules, it would've made the game more realistic which I typically try my best to do.

I'll tie your other comments into this part of the question also. I don't regret lying to you because even though you probably guessed I was close to some of Snozzwanger, I just wanted to hide how close I was to the other players and hide my alliances and end-game plans. I didn't want to completely turn you down or show that I was definitely not going to turn on my original tribe, but I pretended to show interest in the deals that you offered me (but didn't accept them) because I knew that at final 5 if you won the challenge, you were a player I would have to have on my side to survive that vote. I thought about that final 5 round a lot.

I also don't regret working most closely with Kenya even though we had a pre-game relationship because we didn't have a solid alliance in my eyes, just deals for me, her, and Bryan to look for one another early in the game to combat other potential pre-game alliances that could be threatening. I didn't consider it an alliance until we formed the final 4 alliance based on activity level in the first challenge. The 4 of us all made multiple posts and more than anyone else. I felt like I gave Bryan and Cam fair opportunities to be my final 2 partners after that, but Kenya would go more in depth strategically and talk to me more than they did. I didn't see Bryan online very much, and I felt like I had to forcefully initiate conversations with Cam too much outside of when he'd IM me for challenges. I've seen Bryan and the rest of the cast around the site or briefly in other games, but I've hardly talked to anyone else in this cast before this game with the exception of Kenya and Deetster. And in this game, I didn't work closely with Deetster, so I feel like for me, there were forces at work besides my pre-game relationships completely influencing this game.

I'm sorry if you're upset that I lied to you about those things, but I just felt like presenting myself that way was necessary and not too sharp to sting.

---

2.) If the two of you were not in the final two, who deserves to be there?

2) If Kenya and I couldn't be here, I feel Cam and Deetster would deserve to be here. Cam had plenty to work with, and he used all of his connections to get to the final 3 and almost final 2. The moves that he made and alliances that he formed were similar to Kenya's, but he seemed to go for strategy over personal and emotional-based moves. He had a good balance of social game, strategic game, and challenge game. It just didn't work out because the final 3 round didn't work out as he expected.

Deetster didn't have as much to work with considering his position, but he tried to connect to Cam and Kenya and offer his support to who they were targeting or even bring up targets from Hornswoggler to them in order to get closer to them and potentially win favor over other members of the Hornswoggler Tribe and then Snozzwanger Tribe. By getting close to especially Kenya, it saved him from going home at final 8 when there was an effort being formulated to take Deetster out, but Kenya's key vote didn't let that happen. So by making a move that saved him an extra few rounds, I feel like that's why he's one of the two most deserving people to be here of the jurors.

Hopefully that answers your question, and I felt like the extension to the first part of the question was necessary in response to your comment to help explain my thought process.
Back to top Go down
Kenya
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Kenya

Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Board of Trustees: Sadie   Board of Trustees: Sadie EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 8:41 pm

Kenya, you had no chance to lie to me because you barely talked to me. In your opening statement you say you used your social skills "to the max." I would wholeheartedly disagree with that statement because when I had the chance to talk to you, you were almost nonexistent. We were on the same tribe since the tribal switch, and yet I know nothing more about you than I learned from the brief bio.

I know that we didn't talk very much but there is a reason for this. Aside from the fact that I think I only saw you on aim.. TWICE the entire game.. that was part of it.. it does got both ways. I may not have talked much when we tried to talk, but neither did you. Plus Deet would talk about you as if you would do whatever he says.. and then Brant would talk about how he talks to you all the time. I'm sorry but I can't be on aim during the times that you were due to how much I work. It was nothing personal against you, it was just bad timing on my part. I have recently went through a bunch of crap and I really didn't want to talk to many people at all. Plus with knowing that Brant talked to you lots and what not.. and how much he was lying to you. I couldn't do the same to you, when I already was lying to others. I just felt it was better if I wasn't fake with you at all.

My questions for the both of you are 1.) Do you have any regrets?

My regrets would have to be trusting in Bryan and Brant as much as I did, I really shouldn't have told them as much as I did. I should have held my cards a bit closer, because letting them out so much, almost cost me the chance of being in the final 2. I do regret not getting to know you as a person, I really wish that things had been going on better in my life so that I would have wanted to talk to you. But on a game level, at the time.. I had all my faith in Brant, Bryan and Cam and yes that was probably premature and I should have made more of an effort to speak with you. But lying to you and being fake with you was not something I felt I needed to do to get me further, so I didn't do it.

2.) If the two of you were not in the final two, who deserves to be there?

I do agree with Brant on this one. Cam and Deet do deserve to be in the final two. I feel Cam played probably the best game out of anyone, including Brant and me. As for Deet, he had a lot of rocky areas in the game but yet still managed to make it to final 6 and that just shows you how amazing Deet is, I've never seen him not be deserving of a final 2 spot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Board of Trustees: Sadie   Board of Trustees: Sadie Empty

Back to top Go down

Board of Trustees: Sadie
Page 1 of 1