ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Reality Gaming Planet

HomeHomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

American Idol Talk

Go down 
+8
Doggerz
Deetster
Virtuanno
dj
Sir Boydly Boydster
Staciekins
Pete
Amanda Leigh
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Pete
Host
Host
Pete

Buffalo

American Idol Talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 4:40 pm

well Mandie, its another one you don't like...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Amanda Leigh
Admin
Admin
Amanda Leigh

Cat

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 4:43 pm

Nice. Nice Nice Nice. lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/vastfanatic
Pete
Host
Host
Pete

Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 5:06 pm

knew you'd be happy.

I have to say I was alright with seeing her go as while I liked her first performance of 'Hero' she just never did well again. As far as Casey, I am hoping he can rebound after this weeks performance as I really like him but this week was just too much.

With the remaining 11, this is the order of elimination I am hoping for:

11: Paul McDonald
10: Haley Reinhart
9: Jacob Lusk
8: Naima Adedapo
7: Thia Megia
6: Casey Abrams
5: James Durbin
4: Lauren Alaina
3: Stefano Langone
2: Scotty McCreedy
1: Pia Toscano

I'm not sure Stefano can hold on that long but if he continues to get better and better I think he can make it. Thia, Casey and James could switch around too, as I don't care what order those 3 go in. I really hope the top 4 is what I want cause those are my 4 favorites. I do really like Naima and would like her to start coming out strong each week but I'm not sure I'm seeing it happen

I just REALLY hope Paul goes next week, I don't know how much more I can stand of him
Back to top Go down
Virtuanno
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
Virtuanno

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 7:27 pm

Do you guys even watch Survivor?
Back to top Go down
Pete
Host
Host
Pete

Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 10:54 pm

Virt,
I have not watched this season of Survivor. I said that I wouldn't watch it at all due to Boston Rob and Russell being back (mainly Russell) and while Russell was eliminated early and I wanna see his loser ass get kicked to the curb, I won't watch it as it premieres, I'll download the episodes at a later date and watch them. I have no desire to help this season succeed. A part of me wants them to cancel the show because of this season. I hope if it is brought back that they stop relying on former castaways or one or two in order to make a better overall show.

Plus, I am a HUGE music fan, I cannot miss American Idol, I really like this season too, first season I have really gotten into since season 4.
Back to top Go down
Virtuanno
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
Virtuanno

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 1:39 am

Pete wrote:
A part of me wants them to cancel the show because of this season.

American Idol Talk - Page 2 837173

Televised games of Survivor > Televised Karaoke.
Back to top Go down
dj
dj

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 8:39 am

Virtuanno Zapatera Murphy wrote:

I'm too busy staring at your fucking obnoxious signature.
Back to top Go down
Virtuanno
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
Virtuanno

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 5:24 am

dj wrote:
Virtuanno Zapatera Murphy wrote:

I'm too busy staring at your fucking obnoxious signature.

Problem solved! - https://orgplanet.forumotion.com/t4518-virtuanno-s-fucking-obnoxious-signature
Back to top Go down
Pete
Host
Host
Pete

Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 10:11 pm

alright so a new episode has come and gone and this week was Motown, definitely not the trainwreck that last week was but I don't know just felt a bit boring this week.

1 ~ Naima Adedapo 'Dancing In The Streets' - there is one simple reason why I rate her performance #1 - it was a performance, energetic and more than just standing there singing, something most of the other performers didn't do. Plus the vocals were the best we've seen from Naima on the finalist stage. Hope she continues to improve like this.

2 ~ Lauren Alaina 'You Keep Me Hangin' On' - I like this song, always have but it has a bad track record of people being eliminated after singing it, in fact only Blake Lewis was not eliminated after singing this but Vanessa Olivarez and Leah Labelle were both eliminated. I really think for the first time someone did good with this song. It still felt like she was holding back a little but I think she is starting to get more and more comfortable and I think she is gonna go far.

3 ~ Jacob Lusk 'You're All I Need To Get By' - he still over sang but he reeled it in just enough that it wasn't over the top, and unlike last week, he actually sounded good.

4 ~ Stefano Langone 'Hello' - the comparisons to David Cooks version is inevitable due to Cook owning this song, however I still think that Stefano did a great job and I really liked his performance.

5 ~ Scotty McCreery 'For Once In My Life' - at first I didn't like it but I listened to it again and it was decent. I'm just getting bored of Scotty, he needs to pick up the pace a little. This performance was also a bit awkward and stuff. I feel like if he does another ballad next week he has no chance in winning.

6 ~ Pia Toscano 'All In Love Is Fair' - this is the same situation as Scotty. If Pia doesn't start doing more than ballads shes gonna lose. She is starting to lose momentum and that is never good. I think next week is make it or break it for her

7 ~ James Durbin 'Living For The City' - I don't know what it is but I just did not enjoy his performance all that much. He wasn't terrible by any means which is why he is ranked here and not lower but I just didn't enjoy it very much

8 ~ Casey Abrams 'I Heard It Through The Grapevine' - not even close to as bad as last week but he looked HORRIBLE. I think if he doesn't deliver something like he did the Top 13 night he's only got a few weeks left

9 ~ Thia Megia 'Heat Wave' - I hate this song. Thia did alright on it but she needed to really deliver this week. I think she is in danger

10 ~ Haley Reinhart 'You Really Got A Hold On Me' - she was horrible. I cannot even be nice about her. There was nothing good about her performance, I do not understand the judges comments but yeah did not enjoy her at all

11 ~ Paul McDonald 'The Tracks Of My Tears' - I have not liked this guy at all and this week I disliked him even more. HORRIBLE, PLEASE GO HOME AND STOP RIPPING MY EAR DRUMS APART. Okay, got that out of my system...

so my feelings are this, the only people in danger of B3 are:
Thia Megia
Paul McDonald
Haley Reinhart
Stefano Langone
Casey Abrams

The only one of those I don't see getting eliminated is Casey. I really REALLY hope Stefano doesn't go but due to the fact that David Cook did such a great job on the same song some people are already hoping he gets eliminated. I do fear it could happen but I am hoping I am wrong and he is safe.

but seriously, if there is any mercy in this world, can Paul McDonald PLEASE go home tomorrow! lmao, I cannot stand him
Back to top Go down
Staciekins
Star Ruby
Star Ruby
Staciekins

Horse

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 11:00 pm

Okay... pete... I'm going to rank mine this week in order of my fav to least fav...
Here we go!

1. Pia Toscano... she is not my favorite on the show by any means, but she did so freakin fantabulous. She held some really hard notes!

2. Jacob Lusk... he did pretty much awesome. I like that he was more reserved.

3. Scotty McCreery... Love him... love his cute little facial expressions.... however... I don't like country music! lol

4. James Durbin... I am not a fan of his either.. I don't like the screaming.. it's annoying. However, he can sing.

5. Lauren Alaina.. I worry about her, because she was an early favorite, and usually early favorites go home pretty quickly. I hope she lasts.. she did great this week (and looked beautiful!).

6. Paul McDonald... I love his voice, but I think that has to do with my mom making us listen to Rod Stewart growing up. I think he's unique, and I hope he stays in the competition a weeee bit longer.. he definitely won't win though!

7. Casey Abrams.. I agree... he's only got a couple more weeks left.

8. Naima Adedapo.. Don't like the dancing element.. It's not what I want to see up on that stage, I think she should've already gone home. However, she "sang" better this week than she has in a while.

9. Thia Magia... such a cute girl... such a crap song.

10. Stefano Langone.... oh man, if he hadn't sang one of my favorite songs of all time and butchered it, he might not be at the bottom of my list!

11. Haley Reinhart... it's time... to go!

Bottom 3= Naima Adedapo/Haley Reinhart/Paul McDonald
Back to top Go down
Pete
Host
Host
Pete

Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 8:15 pm

was shocked at tonights results, though am happy about them as well. I was certain Stefano was done but thankfully he isn't. Top 11 all on tour that is crazy. Cannot wait for next week
Back to top Go down
Staciekins
Star Ruby
Star Ruby
Staciekins

Horse

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 11:17 pm

I agree... however, casey= a little too dramatic... ridiculous!
Back to top Go down
Amanda Leigh
Admin
Admin
Amanda Leigh

Cat

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 12:34 am

Darn, they shouldnt have saved him. BAH

Hopefully he leaves next week.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/vastfanatic
dj
dj

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 6:29 am

American Idol Talk - Page 2 Idol_horsemen2

votefortheworst.com

Ha!
Back to top Go down
Pete
Host
Host
Pete

Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 9:31 pm

alright another performance show is done and again it is LOADED with ballads. Can someone please go and tell these kids that singing the same type of song every week is not going to get them anywhere after the show is over? Seriously, I think that if someone doesn't come out next week and have a Carrie moment (Alone) or Cook moment (Hello) then this season is dead in the water, as far as making a star goes.

Anyways, my thoughts on the performances this week, which were good definitely.

1 ~ Casey Abrams 'Your Song' - easily the best we have heard him thus far. At this point I am glad that he was saved cause this was the performance of the week, in my opinion. It was also good that he trimmed the beard as I think it is important that he keeps his image somewhat still him but also do something with it to please the audience. He did good this week, definitely will be around for another week

2 ~ Pia Toscano 'Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me' - very disappointed that she sang another ballad and especially that it was this one but I think she did great on it. This is my favorite Elton John song but it has been so overdone on American Idol it isn't even funny.

3 ~ Lauren Alaina 'Candle In The Wind' - was actually surprised she chose this song out of everyone but she did great on it and if she continues to get better each week like she has I think she can make top 4

4 ~ Haley Reinhart 'Benny and The Jet' - so right before she started performing I was dreading it and said to myself that there was no way she would do well but then she actually did. She sounded great, the growling and hissing actually worked. I liked her voice this time. Now she just needs to learn how to be comfortable on stage cause it is so obvious that she is not

5 ~ Stefano Langone 'Tiny Dancer' - this was the Elton John song I was hoping that Scotty would sing. Stefano did alright on it but he held back way too much and I think that listening to the judges and keeping his eyes open actually hurt him more than helped him. I knew he wouldn't last long but was hoping he would sneak by, but after last week and now this week I think he has lost steam and is gonna be gone soon

6 ~ Scotty McCreery 'Country Comfort' - this was a good song pick for him though I think he could have shown a different side to himself with Tiny Dancer but this was alright. Something I read on another forum was someone said that his performance (and Pia's) all bleed into one another and that is why they are starting to get so boring and it is true. Next week is make it or break it week for Pia and Scotty. They both need to come out and do something that makes them feel uncomfortable and pushes their vocal boundaries and is uptempo and fun and just everything that isn't what they have already done or they have no future in the music business. Country Radio has not been friendly towards male teen stars and so regardless of American Idol, Scotty is going to struggle and I think that if he doesn't show a different side then he is going nowhere once the show is over. The problem with Pia and Scotty is that all they are thinking about is making it to the next week, they are not thinking long term and if you wanna go far you gotta.

7 ~ James Durbin 'Saturday Nights Alright' - this performance was alright for me. Problem was I was so bored by the time it came on that I just honestly couldn't get into it. It was also very reminiscent of some of his other performances which is fine but you gotta show that you are not a one trick pony. He is trying WAY too hard to emulate Adam Lambert every week and while he's doing an alright job with it, I don't see him making it once the show is over

8 ~ Jacob Lusk 'Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word' - this was not as good as last week but not as bad as the two weeks prior to that. I just don't care for him anymore. I had expected so much better from him earlier on but now I just don't care when he leaves

9 ~ Naima Adedapo 'I'm Still Standing' - her arrangement sounded wrong. I love that she took a risk and does so every week, even when it is bad I still respect the fact that she tries and that shows that she is someone who would be more interesting to see continue over someone like Pia, Scotty, Jacob, James or Thia. This week wasn't good at all but I respect that she took a risk

10 ~ Thia Megia 'Daniel' - this really wasn't bad, just overly boring. With Haley doing as well as she did this week I feel that Thia just dropped. I'd be shocked if she wasn't eliminated tomorrow night

11 ~ Paul McDonald 'Rocket Man' - absolutely terrible. It started alright but once he hit the chorus he was all over the place. I'm also sick of the Rod Stewart comparisons, that is such a slap in the face to him. Paul is no Rod Stewart, not even close and I just gotta say again that I'm BEGGING THAT HE GOES HOME TOMORROW, though I don't think it's gonna happen sadly

alright so 2 people leave tomorrow. My prediction on the B2 guys and B2 girls most in danger are:

Stefano
Paul

Thia
Naima

I'd rather see Thia and Naima go over seeing Stefano go. Want Paul to go the most but due to VoteForTheWorst supporting him I have a feeling that he could actually make it through another week.

My top 4 favs at this time are: Pia, Scotty, Lauren, Stefano. I think I'm losing a favorite this week, and if a certain two don't turn things around I can see Pia and Scotty going sooner rather than later. At this time I think Lauren is setting herself up nicely to go farther.

Also, I have NO IDEA who is going to win. I originally had thought that Pia would win but now I'm not so sure. I really don't think this season is going to amount to much once the season ends. Hope I'm wrong but we'll see
Back to top Go down
Staciekins
Star Ruby
Star Ruby
Staciekins

Horse

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 11:39 pm

Well, I don't think it's a slap in the face to anyone to be compared to Rod Stewart, and he most definitely does resemble him voicewise, or not everyone would be saying it. That being said, Paul was one of my favorites this week. Loved his performance.

Can't stand Pia... or her name!
Can't stand Thia... it's time for her to go!
Haley could go as well, although I liked her performance this week.
Loved Lauren's performance, she did great!
Loved Casey's performance, he did great!
Loved Scotty's performance, duh!
Paul sings great, consistant every week, however, I can see why some don't like his style.
Jacob was great as always, but I still can't stand him or his crooked mouth!
James... boo! His ears are ridiculous, and that's saying a lot coming from me!
Stefano was not good. He wasn't bad, but he wasn't good!
Naima.. GOING HOME!

My guesses on the two going home are Naima and Thia. =)
Back to top Go down
Virtuanno
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
Virtuanno

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 2:55 am

Pretty much the greatest Idol performance ever, ywia.
Back to top Go down
Staciekins
Star Ruby
Star Ruby
Staciekins

Horse

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 8:40 am

um... wow.
Back to top Go down
Pete
Host
Host
Pete

Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 10:59 am

Stacie, I meant it was a slap in the face to Rod Stewart. I really do not think Paul is anything like Rod Stewart, I am a fan of Rod Stewart's and cannot stand Paul. Paul butchered Maggie Mae (also the first song I ever learned on guitar) so I'm just not forgiving that. Of course this is just my opinion lol
Back to top Go down
Virtuanno
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
Virtuanno

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 5:29 pm

Stacie wrote:
um... wow.

He didn't even win. In fact, he got voted out the next round.
Back to top Go down
Staciekins
Star Ruby
Star Ruby
Staciekins

Horse

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 10:10 pm

Oh Pete... it's all good. No worries from me! You don't have to explain your reasoning, I'm really easy going. However, I loved his version of Maggie Mae. I need to watch the results show!

Virt... I CANNOT BELIEVE HE GOT VOTED OFF. lol
Back to top Go down
Pete
Host
Host
Pete

Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 10:30 pm

oh its all good, I know I didn't need to just I like discussing it and explaining how I feel about it and such.

so I'm both happy and sad with the results this week.

Happy that Stefano made it through
Sad that Naima is gone
and sad that we are stuck with Paul for another week, I really thought he might be gone, such a tease lmao

Anyways, cannot wait until next week, hopefully we see Jacob, Haley, James or Paul get eliminated.

I guess there is a huge controversy towards James right now regarding his Pepsi comment. Michael Jackson's family are complaining about it as are fans of his. Wondering if this will affect him at all next week, things like this have a tendency to hurt contestants on this show. Will be interesting to see
Back to top Go down
Staciekins
Star Ruby
Star Ruby
Staciekins

Horse

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 10:32 pm

Very true. My mom's fav is James, so it will be interesting. I bet Paul or Haley goes next week. You're right.
Back to top Go down
Virtuanno
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
Virtuanno

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 2:29 am

I like Haley and James.
I hope Jacob and Casey get eliminated soon.
Back to top Go down
Pete
Host
Host
Pete

Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 12:49 am

so my feelings at this time is this: while there are a lot of talented performers this season, none of them are going anywhere really. They might get some success like Crystal and Lee from last year but none are gonna be even close to Kris or Adam, never mind the winners from before then. It is a shame really but that is how I am starting to view this season.

Anyways, best performances to worst, here we go again:

1 ~ Casey Abrams 'Have You Ever Seen The Rain' - when he said he was singing this song I actually yelled at my TV no, because I love this song and didn't think he would do good on it. I was wrong, he did good, not great but good. The reason I won't say great is because I feel that he zapped out all energy and emotion from the song so that sorta ruined it. He could have had a great performance if it wasn't for that and I'm not exactly sure what made it like that but yeah lol

2 ~ Pia Toscano 'River Deep - Mountain High' - I always forget what song this is by name which rarely happens with me and being the fan of Tina Turner's that I am I still cannot believe this song doesn't stick with me cause it is a great song. Pia did alright with it but for an uptempo song she really didn't deliver in the performance aspect of it, which didn't really make her any less boring than she already is, it helped push her away from boring territory but didn't remove her from there completely

3 ~ Stefano Langone 'When A Man Loves A Woman' - he is starting to annoy me big time. I used to like him but not so much anymore. He needs to stop singing a love letter every week, at least it feels like that is all he does. I just want him to come out and do something different that will wow people and he hasn't. He was good this week and I did like this but it also wasn't anything special

4 ~ Scotty McCreery 'That's All Right' - he did good but he was a bit awkward on stage. It was nice that he didn't do another ballad. I think he is going to win, he is the only one this season that could have a career afterwards. No one else has made me believe they will have a career afterwards. Scotty isn't going to have a huge career in country though, at least I don't see it yet but among this years AI contestants he's gonna win

5 ~ Paul McDonald 'Folsom Prison Blues' - I cannot believe myself lmao, I hate him and his voice but he wasn't bad this week, for once. He wasn't great and I wouldn't listen to his performance of this ever again, but it was alright

6 ~ Lauren Alaina 'A Natural Woman' - only once did anyone nail this song on American Idol and that was Kelly Clarkson, and that is the reason I feel that Lauren just hurt her chances. Doubt she is going home but could see her in the B3

7 ~ Jacob Lusk 'Man In The Mirror' - I couldn't help but think of Kris Allen's performance of this song, which I really liked, so it was hard to care for Jacob's performance of it. It was good but I'm just bored of him.

8 ~ James Durbin 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps' - I couldn't pay attention to this performance it was so boring and he didn't sound all that great.

9 ~ Haley Reinhart 'Piece of My Heart' - after hearing Janis Joplin last season by Crystal, it was a dangerous thing for anyone to sing Janis this season. Crystal didn't sing this song per say so that may help her out a little and save her but I didn't like her performance of it. I think she's most likely to go this week

The people I think are guaranteed to not be B3 this week:
Paul
Casey
Pia
Scotty

Could possibly be B3:
Lauren
James

Most likely B3:
Stefano
Haley
Jacob

I think that any of those 3 could go, but I think Jacob is most likely to go, followed by Haley. Since Stefano went second to last I think he may be safe, as his performance was actually decent. Since Jacob and Haley went first and second it is between them. I'd honestly rather see Jacob go though after his comment about if he ends up in the B3, that comment made me want him to be B3 and I doubt I'm alone on that.

So last week I said I had no idea who was going to win, well at this time I think the final two are going to be Lauren and Scotty. They are in the best positions, as long as Lauren doesn't do another song like 'A Natural Woman'. Pia will be eliminated between Top 6 - Top 4. I think Casey and James will also go around then. The other spots are a battle between Jacob, Haley, Paul and Stefano. Would be cool if the final 4 ended up being Pia, Lauren, Scotty and Stefano as those were my top 4 favorites, we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

American Idol Talk
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next