ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Reality Gaming Planet

HomeHomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cross Tribal Talk

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete
Host
Host
Pete

Buffalo

Cross Tribal Talk Empty
PostSubject: Cross Tribal Talk   Cross Tribal Talk EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 3:31 pm

This is something that has bothered me in previous games, while I have participated in it before I have always felt that it was unfair to other players in the game. This is why in my current game OPS2 Twilight vs. True Blood I made the rule that people could not talk to someone from another tribe about the game.

I've been informed that someone violated this rule and the person who brought it to my attention doesn't want to tell me who it is until it will benefit them which isn't fair and I'm unsure how I should approach this. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Debani
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
Debani

Tiger

Cross Tribal Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cross Tribal Talk   Cross Tribal Talk EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 3:48 pm

I think its really strange that there is cross tribal talk considering everyone on one tribe is playing as alias' but then again the other tribe isn't. I think it should be addressed, since it does put those two players at an advantage, which in the real game is never allowed and with good reason.

I would approach that player and ask them why they even brought it up if that player wasn't going to give you specifics, that player is probably feeling guilty.

I wouldn't kick those players out, but maybe give them a penalty or extra vote at the next tribal since that rule was clearly outlined when the game began!!
Back to top Go down
Pete
Host
Host
Pete

Buffalo

Cross Tribal Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cross Tribal Talk   Cross Tribal Talk EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 4:00 pm

Thanks, that is what I am planning on doing. I may give the person who notified me of this a penalty every round until they give me a name. Thing is I won't just give them one penalty the second round that they get a penalty, they'd get two, and third round, would get 3, and so on.
This really is unfair to the players that are playing fairly and don't know who is playing who on the other tribes. I did state it clearly in the rules which is why I'm so annoyed that this is happening.
Back to top Go down
Debani
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
Debani

Tiger

Cross Tribal Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cross Tribal Talk   Cross Tribal Talk EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 4:08 pm

Just be careful that the player isn't trying to frame another player. You would need evidence! I know everyone on my tribe is EXTREMELY secretive about who they are so I don't see cross tribal chat going on... so I'd actually like to know where this is comin from!
Back to top Go down
Pete
Host
Host
Pete

Buffalo

Cross Tribal Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cross Tribal Talk   Cross Tribal Talk EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 5:18 pm

after I asked them if they had in fact been approached by someone from the other tribe this is what they said

'someone did but I'll prefer to tell you the name when it will benefit me the more. Strategie right?'

now the person that I got the message from is from the Forks tribe, meaning they are saying that someone from Bon Temps contacted them. I do need proof of course but gotta do something.
Back to top Go down
Debani
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
Debani

Tiger

Cross Tribal Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cross Tribal Talk   Cross Tribal Talk EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 5:32 pm

Whoever is reasoning with the host so that they can benefit from it is wrong. You are the host, you clearly outlined the rules, and there is no reasoning with whether or not your rules should be followed by the players.

You are the host. You work hard to plan and initiate a good game, and players shouldn't have the option to manipulate and strategize with the host like another player in the game. I would put my foot down and have that player provide the names and proof ASAP or they should face consequences for trying to manipulate you.

That's just disrespectful and not how games work. Do you see players trying to strategize, reason with, or manipulate Probst on the real show? Hells no. Its inappropriate.
Back to top Go down
dj
dj

Cross Tribal Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cross Tribal Talk   Cross Tribal Talk EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 5:42 pm

Remember this is YOUR game, not theirs. So what you say goes, and the fact that they are trying to bargain with you to get some sort of "advantage" is completely wrong. I would threaten them with a penalty, or expel them from the game. If it's against the rules, they should be penalized - because you have no idea if the person who came to you is contacting them back Wink
Back to top Go down
Pete
Host
Host
Pete

Buffalo

Cross Tribal Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cross Tribal Talk   Cross Tribal Talk EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 6:29 pm

Thanks, I will take care off it with the threat of a penalty every round until I know who it is. I appreciate this a ton thanks
Back to top Go down
Amanda Leigh
Admin
Admin
Amanda Leigh

Cat

Cross Tribal Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cross Tribal Talk   Cross Tribal Talk EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 7:12 pm

You need to remind people that when they talk to members of the other tribe, it just ruins the fun and surprise element of the game for others. It just does. The threat of giving someone more penalties upon penalties I'm iffy on, but DJ is right, it is YOUR game and what you say goes. You might tell the snitch that the fact he knows about it and wont tell, makes him just as guilty as the person who contacted someone when it was against the rules. Rules are in place for a reason, and although we play these games for fun, rules, as well as the host, should be respected.

Let me know if you have any further issues. You could always text my phone if you ever need an immeadiate response. If you want my number it's available Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/vastfanatic
Sponsored content

Cross Tribal Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cross Tribal Talk   Cross Tribal Talk Empty

Back to top Go down

Cross Tribal Talk
Page 1 of 1