ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Reality Gaming Planet

HomeHomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but

Go down 
+4
dj
MoMo
Pete
Doug
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Doug
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Doug

Dragon

I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but   I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 1:06 am

Thanks. I knew there had to be some way to do it, but I suppose I was too lazy to actually look hard enough.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/profile.php?ref=name&
MoMo
MoMo

Pig

PostSubject: Re: I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but   I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 1:29 am

HAHA, yeah, I found that one day and I was like "USEFUL!" it's under the 'others' button.

My favorite series that I can think of right now are;

Revolutionary Girl Utena (weird magical realism with dueling middle school students, it's my favorite of all time)

Fushigi Yuugi *The Mysterious Play* (It's a very typical sort of fantasy story...but I fell in love with it when I watched it)

Escaflowne (...there's a pattern here...this series has almost the same plot as Fushigi Yuugi but there are also giant robots, kind of)

Big O (it's really weird giant robot noir...I mean...that's amazing)

Sailor Moon (SO WHAT!)

X (saddest/most predictable series ever...I seriously knew how this would end after like the 3rd episode, maybe sooner.)

Death Note (we've gone over how it's really just the first 2 thirds)

.hack//sign (it's a little weird and ends annoyingly, but I liked the characters)

Gundam Wing (I thought this was an interesting giant robot space opera story)

Last Exile (confusing storytelling...maybe because of the bad translation I was watching it with, but I loved it...maybe just because it's steampunk)

Whenever I'm dating someone and you do the whole "Oh, you've never seen _____, we should watch that together some time!" I always wish I could like introduce someone to some of these anime, but there's such a stigma attached to it most people won't even touch it. And yeah, there's people that are just WAY too carried away and watch only anime and stuff and I think that's weird too. But I view anime like any other media. Meaning, there's good anime (like Utena or some of those others I mentioned), there's bad anime (like stupid fucking Cowboy Beebop, Tenchi, or Neogeoeva), there's anime that's just fun to me to watch (like Sailor Moon, or Pokemon, or Card Captor Sakura) as with anything. I wish there wasn't a stigma to it because really people that don't like anime because they "don't like anime" annoys me. It's like when people say "I don't like tv." or "I don't like comics." it's just like...you need to actually explore what's out there before you say that...but people rarely do. I just wish that I could share the anime I like with more people, Utena especially is like one of those things in my life that is weirdly important to me, HAHA, so it just sucks that almost anyone I form a bond with has that opinion for NO reason.
Back to top Go down
Doug
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Doug

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but   I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 1:47 am

Agree with your sentiments on anime. When someone tells me they don't really like anime, I tell them "then you haven't found the right one." It's the same thing I say when people tell me they don't like to read. No, you just haven't found the right kind of book. I definitely agree. I wish the stigma weren't there. I tell people pretty honestly that I watch anime now. I started watching it only maybe a year and a half ago, and by then I'd already gotten to the point where I really don't care whether people think I'm lame or not. I enjoy it, and I know other people do too, so there's really no point in being weird about it.

I actually haven't seen a single one of the series you listed, except I watched the first episode of Last Exile with my buddy (who was obsessed with Cardcaptor Sakura; I'm not so much a fan -- a little too much 9-year-old girly when I started watching; I'll give it another chance sooner or later, because I like the rest of the show). I don't know when we're going to continue it, but I hope it's soon, because it looked really good. Where'd you watch it? He has it on DVD, so I'm hoping the translation isn't bad :\
Back to top Go down
MoMo
MoMo

Pig

PostSubject: Re: I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but   I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 1:54 am

I had it on DVD too, but not REAL DVD. There was a store, Okatuden, in Manhattan that had like every anime series on DVD but they weren't EXACTLY offical DVDs...I'm not really sure how that worked. I think they might have just been what was released in Japan. They were all Region-0 so they worked on my DVD player, and they were real cheap for like getting a whole series on DVD...but sometimes the translations on the subtitles were pretty bad. In Last Exile there was a character that I thought was a girl for a long time but it turned out to be a boy. I didn't figure it out for a while because the subtitles never consistantly refered to a character by 'he' or 'she' and sometimes it would be 'he' and other times 'she' and I couldn't really figure out why that was so hard. HAHA!
Back to top Go down
MoMo
MoMo

Pig

PostSubject: Re: I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but   I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 12:04 am

DOUGDOUGDOUGDOUGDOUG

Watch this

kthnx!!!!

It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen, by the way. I've been alternating between those episodes and episode of Cleopatra 2525 all night.
Back to top Go down
Doug
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Doug

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but   I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 12:09 am

Oooooooh, I've been waiting to start a sports genre anime! Now that I have a recommendation, I know where to start Smile I won't be able to watch it for about a week though, because the connection here at home blooows.
Back to top Go down
MoMo
MoMo

Pig

PostSubject: Re: I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but   I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 12:49 am

It's going to kill you, it's so ridonk.
Back to top Go down
Doug
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Doug

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but   I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 12:52 am

YESSSSSSSSSSS

I watched the whole series on bread, and the only thing that made it so amazing was the complete level of ridiculousness. I imagine an anime about sports would be in the same vein.
Back to top Go down
MoMo
MoMo

Pig

PostSubject: Re: I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but   I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 12:55 am

Whole series on Bread?????
Back to top Go down
Doug
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Doug

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but   I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 12:57 am

Yep. Yakitate!!Japan

It was pretty phenomenal. If you want, you could probably just watch the first arc. The second and third are good, but not essential.
Back to top Go down
MoMo
MoMo

Pig

PostSubject: Re: I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but   I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 12:59 am

I can't believe this is a real thing!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Doug
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Doug

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but   I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 1:00 am

Believe it, babe.
Back to top Go down
Deetster
Winner
Winner
Deetster

Horse

PostSubject: Re: I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but   I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 11:32 am

So funny DJ (really old comment revival), but yeah, I totally was watching the first season of yu-gi-oh for no reason last month, I was that bored too, and it occured to me to do such a thing.

I really really loved this one show I watched called Case Closed. It's like...a percocious child detective, or a man in a childs body due to some of that magic they never once leave out of any anime...something like that. Anyway, it's a really good show.
Back to top Go down
http://copsandrobbers1.proboards.com/index.cgi
Doug
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Doug

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but   I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 3:27 pm

I think I know what you're talking about! Is he short with a suit and big round glasses??
Back to top Go down
MoMo
MoMo

Pig

PostSubject: Re: I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but   I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 6:45 pm

Well.....I've done something unwise.

Hulu has the entire series of Inuyasha...and I watched the first episode because I couldn't take another Prince Of Tennis...........it is unfortunately exactly the type of anime plot that I respond to and enjoy...I loved the first episode...I now kind of have to watch the rest of them...this is what I will be doing for the next week at least, HAHA! It will probably be a lot more than just a week. There's like 150 of them at least. If I get bored with it I'll stop, but, yeah, I'm kind of happy about it right now...even though it's kind of like the anime I think of when I think "Antisocial anime nerd" but it can't be helped so long as I'm actually enjoying it.

I actually got REALLY excited because they have The Big O on Hulu which is easily one of my favorite Anime series of all time (GIANT ROBOT NOIR!!!!) but they only have the second season....what's the point of that????? I need to just get that on DVD or something so I can watch it all again. I should really take my time in getting DVDs of all the Anime that I love but they're so fucking expensive it's disgusting.
Back to top Go down
Pete
Host
Host
Pete

Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but   I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 7:11 pm

I've been watching InuYasha with my little sister (she's obsessed) I like it too, it is fun. She has the first three movies, just needs to get the last one and then she'll have them all.
Back to top Go down
MoMo
MoMo

Pig

PostSubject: Re: I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but   I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 7:27 pm

ooooooooooooooo there are movies too???
Back to top Go down
Doug
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Doug

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but   I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 9:24 pm

I have never wanted to watch Inuyasha, so stop saying it's good. You'll make me curious...and I might just want to watch. And I watched maybe the first two episodes of The Big O, and I wasn't too into it. I dunno if I like the whole mech thing. Maybe I'm just not starting in the right place.

But really, I'm pretty occupied with One Piece at the moment. Can't watch it for another week though....................
Back to top Go down
Pete
Host
Host
Pete

Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but   I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 10:21 pm

there are four InuYasha movies. I've seen the first one, it is pretty good
Back to top Go down
MoMo
MoMo

Pig

PostSubject: Re: I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but   I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 10:26 pm

I'm not really big on Mechs either...but the whole 'mythology' surrounding the story is pretty surreal and amazing. That's what I love...and when you add a giant robot into that it just becomes and insanity-fest. I love those sorts of things.

I'm 5 episodes deep into Inuyasha...knowing that it goes to upwards of 200 episodes I'm still wary because so far the first 5 episodes have been very plot heavy while still managing to have a like 'demon of the week' stuck into them. So really I question how they can keep up the pacing. I love Sailor Moon, but 75% of those episodes are exactly the same, and that's the only other series I've really watched that is this many episodes other than Pokemon (which is just nonsense fun). So if they can somehow keep up with this pacing then I'm excited, an actual plot heavy series that went upwards of 200 episodes would have so much depth and shit that it would be amazing to watch...but if 100 of those episodes are just "Here's the demon we deal with today!" without any major plot developments, well, I won't be so enthralled anymore. But we shall see, we shall see.

Fushigi Yuugi was a very fleshed out story and that was 50 something episodes, but they could have easily doubled that and kept up the same pacing...so it's probably possible. We'll see...I keep saying that...but it's all I can say right now.
Back to top Go down
Doug
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Doug

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but   I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 7:35 pm

One thing that's kiiinda annoying about One Piece (and many other anime) is the recap at the beginning of the episode. It makes sense if you're watching it every other week, but dang it's annoying when you're watching the episodes consecutively on Hulu, lol
Back to top Go down
MoMo
MoMo

Pig

PostSubject: Re: I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but   I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 11:24 pm

I just don't like when they show the same thing that happened over and over in the same episode.
Back to top Go down
Jess
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Jess

Horse

PostSubject: Re: I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but   I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 11:32 pm

I hate when they're like "LAST TIME ON _______", then mention all this completely irrelevant stuff. It's like "....Yes, that happened last time, but it has no importance to this episode. So why are you reminding me of this stuff?"
Back to top Go down
MoMo
MoMo

Pig

PostSubject: Re: I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but   I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 11:35 pm

I'm watching an episode of Inuyasha right now, and 10 minutes into the episode they had a flashback to the beginning of the episode that lasted about 30 seconds....I hate when they do that, like, do most Japanese children have that Memento disease? Is there a reason why it's just so widely done in anime???
Back to top Go down
Doug
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Doug

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but   I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 9:34 am

I dunno, but one of the One Piece episodes I just watched did that annoying thing where they repeat the last two minutes of what happened before a commercial break after the commercial break, so you see it twice. Well...I didn't have a commercial break, so it was just stupid!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but   I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I am prepared to get things thrown at me, but
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next