ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Reality Gaming Planet

HomeHomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mafia - Paradise - Reunion

Go down 
+5
Mr Phoc
Brant
Tiffani
Dragonbunny
Enchantress
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Enchantress
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
Enchantress

Mafia - Paradise - Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Mafia - Paradise - Reunion   Mafia - Paradise - Reunion EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 2:15 am

Welcome to the reunion thread of Mafia - Paradise. I'd like to thank the people who signed up to play the game. I was disappointed with some of the inactivity, especially in the latter half of the game. But, those of you who participated made it very interesting to watch.

I know there were a lot of different roles and it may have been confusing for some. It was my first time hosting this type of game and I just wanted to have a lot of roles so people felt more involved. I was especially saddened at the deaths of the Chief of Police (Kenya) and the Priest (Mandie) at the end of Day 1. I also felt bad that the Undercover Cop (Phoc) was killed so early because I thought that could have been a fun role. Note, I wasn't sad because I was choosing sides, just that these were all good roles and I would have liked to see them last longer in the game.

I did learn a lot from how the roles played out and if I host another Mafia game I will definitely take these things into consideration. All in all, though, you guys did a great job of adapting to the roles and figuring out how to use them to your advantage.

I encouraged people to send me PMs as sort of "journals" or "diaries" throughout the game so I could share them with everyone at the reunion. I also intended to write out my thoughts as things played out but never really found the time. I am going to post something on each round, though. Hopefully you will find it interesting reading.

Day 1
I was very interested in seeing how Thian played this game since I had always played in games he had hosted and never with him. He came out quite aggressively and I think it did get people to open up, while it may have made some shy away because they were afraid to have their posts scrutinized.

Thian was clever in his first vote against Deetster. He mentioned the "double E's" and "double T's" which was a good way to signal his twin to investigate him the first night. It must have worked, because Termy did pick Thian to investigate and the "twin curse" was broken, allowing them both to proceed without that worry, at least.

When Thian first starting going after Virtuanno I was a bit surprised. I thought he may have been using it to set himself up as a good guy in case Virtuanno was lynched and revealed to be Mafia later on. When the votes started stacking up, though, and Thian made no attempt to change to another target I thought either he felt it was too late to change without looking suspicious or he was going to set the stage for his innocence by sacrificing one of his own. Brant really had no choice but to vote Virtuanno, as well, or he would have been on the wrong side of the vote once the role was revealed. And Phoc was able to vote against the Mafia, with their blessings.

I found out that Thian did really think Virtuanno was the Undercover Cop, though, and that's why he led the lynch. (Please correct me if I'm wrong on any of this. The game lasted quite a few rounds and my memory is not 100% at this point.)

Players Thoughts
[I think I lost some messages from my inbox but if anyone sent thoughts after Day 1, and you can resend them, I'll insert them here]

Mafia - Paradise - Reunion Sqmidu

Day 2:
With PhocQ dead and Thian having led a successful Mafia kill I thought the remaining Mafia had a very good shot at winning this. There was the issue of the Doctor, Lawyer and Prostitute to contend with, though, not to mention the Vigilante.

Everyone assumed Thian was innocent because of the Virtuanno lynch. While it made sense, I think it's kind of becoming the "norm" in these games for the Mafia/Werewolves to vote each other. I think this assumption can be very dangerous and this is a good example of why.

Tyfani was targeted and she was left with no choice but to reveal her role. Brant was the first to retract, really having no choice. derBmoose ended the round by signaling Tyfani not to waste her power on him and she picked up on it, deciding to go with Brant instead.

Players Thoughts

Brant:
I thought I was suspicious Day 1 because I wasn't quite sure who the Undercover Cop was and what was going on, so I acted a little funny about defending Virtuanno. Yet for some reason, no one's acting like they suspect me at all. Thian and I are sitting in a good position. If we can get get rid of the Prostitute and Vigilante before they cause any major damage, then I think we can pull this off. The Prostitute is especially dangerous since they're almost like a seer and can clear someone if they disable their powers yet the night kill still occurs.

The fact that PhocQ (the undercover cop) is dead eases my peace of mind A LOT. I don't want to have to go through doubting who I can even trust in the night again. Thian and I are communicating well, and he's teaching me some tricks that he's learned in other games. The fact that Thian caused Virtuanno's lynch and that the Mafia figured out that PhocQ was the Undercover Cop and killed him should confuse the Town so much. I'm loving it. We just need good lynches and night kills.

I think lynching Tiffani would be good because she posts a lot and is coming up with some good ideas, plus she almost seems to be implying that she has a role. Then maybe night killing derBmoose would be good since he also is smart and posts a lot. We'd be left with a lot of people who aren't very active and could maybe capitalize on that and swing the vote the directions that we wanted to float to the end. Thian will deserve MVP if we win this, but there are no guarantees, and that could be a long way away.

Brant:
Hey, this is exciting, isn't it?

I was hoping someone would just jump on and kill Tiffani after I posted, but when she made her claim, I figured I had to retract because there was a good chance that no one else would show up and vote Tiffani with that statement being especially true based on her claim. So I retract and look better (even though a lack of retract probably still wouldn't have killed her), and now we at least know 1 of the people we're up against and their role to help us in formulating an end-game plan here.

I think this will come close to the deadline, and we'll end up killing Termy. Tiffani will stay safe, and there aren't really enough people on to kill anyone else. Killing Termy actually might be good because we need active voters to keep lynching innocents, and Termy is not active at all. Plus maybe he has a role. Smile

I haven't talked to Thian, but we'll probably try killing Tiffani in the night because I see so many benefits of it. She may think the person she investigated was guilty, and really no good conclusion will be drawn. Or we might kill her. Seems like a good plan to me.

Tiffani:
UGH so this round was just horrible!! But fun lol Here are my thoughts....................
First, I feel so stupid against these players lmao I swear, veteren mafia players are like the worst, and even more so if they have brains lmao I just do not know how to articulate myself around these people. I learned in earlier games, if you don't talk, you're an early target. So I make sure to always talk. But I feel like because I'm not a genius or have a University level IQ that I can't even begin to compete with these people. It's like, if you're not smart enough to articulate your thoughts like us, then you're guilty!!! I'm not good at thinking or guessing. I mean, look what happened with Pete and I as accomplices. We could never get an important role out of the way lol HELLO, terrible at guessing lmao I'm great at picking up clues and reading and figuring things out, but awful at guessing.
Before the round I had my suspicions.
Dragonlady-I don't know anymore. I dont' find her jumping down throats as much as usual.
Dogdude - ok, he was SO going to be the one I was going to seduce next night round, but his comments made me think............no way is this guy mafia, he doesn't seem to have a clue. But then I thought, is it all an act? When I was an accomplice I remember pretending I didn't know certain roles that pertained to the bad guys when indeed I did. I wanted to look clueless.
derBmoose - right up until he almost didnt' change his vote I thought he was suspicious for leading the major campaign to lynch me. But when he first wasnt' going to remove his vote, I thought, well, no mafia member would do that and then be numero uno target next round when everyone found out I was innocent.
DJ - why the heck did he defend me lol Reminds me of when I defended you to look innocent.
Brant - removed his vote when he had no choice but didn't place his vote anywhere else.
I'm really conflicted on who the heck to seduce tonight. I want to get it right. I want to be able to say, GET HIM lol or her! But most of all, I want to leave this game with a bang. I've reached semi-bang status so far, so not bad.

By the way, as frustrated as I am with the massive "let's get Tiffani" campaign, I'm having a blast and will definitely play again.

Tiffani:
I think derBmoose was hinting to me that he's the doctor. Maybe I read more into his last post then what's really there, but that's the vibe I got. Here's hoping.

Also, I so did NOT want to give my role this early to everyone lol I felt like I had no choice and needed this one chance to try to stay in the game.

derBmoose:
I protect Tiff for the night. I guess I trust her enough to be telling the truth that she is the only one worth trying to save. It's either gonna be me or her if she's not mafia, I bet, and since I can't save me again, I choose her. Hopefully she gets me hint and doesn't disable me if she is the prostitute, or we are both in trouble, lol.

derBmoose:
Oh yeah, I was this close to mentioning that Termy was likely a plain boring innocent townsperson since he all but abandoned the game, but I knew that once I jumped on board his vote and basically admitted to thinking he was innocent and voting for him anyways, that would be the end of me. So I kept quiet. I am almost positive that dragonldy is mafia at this point, and I am starting to worry a little about Brant and Dragontear yet. I wish I could get a better read on Thian, but he seems so benevolent that I doubt voting for him to pressure info out of him would look good at all, but it might have to be done next round depending on the outcome of this night phase.

Lol, and if I could have the privilege of knowing that I was the night kill before it is revealed in the game that would be nice Mafia - Paradise - Reunion 35478, I would hate that nasty surprise. [host edit: I declined his request, lol]

Thian:
So it came up between, Tiffani in attempts to just get her outta there hoping she would not be protected by the doctor but we figured she would be saved.
we also thought of DerB but i think if he had the vigilante role he would deduce to go after the not so obvious.

and so we came up with Dogdude who jumped on Dragontear hopefully this will frame dragontear if people speculate about the kill.

so

I choose to kill Dogdude84.

Brant:
I was originally thinking Tiffani was going to be the best kill, and I still sort of do because if we keep killing people and she keeps clearing people, it'll inevitably lead to our demise down the road. If no one dies tonight, it'll create awesome paranoia tomorrow. I want that. I'm assuming she already cleared Deet, and if we don't kill her, she'll clear someone else. Possibly either Dragonldy, derBmoose, or Deetster. However, Thian doesn't seem completely comfortable with that, so I'm going to do something different.

So we agreed to kill Dogdude. Dogdude was the 3rd person on the list of people I wanted to kill. Dogdude is probably the 3rd most clear person here behind myself and Thian. I wanted to kill derBmoose the 2nd most behind Tiffani, but it makes sense to keep derBmoose because he seemingly does not suspect me or Thian. I guess. Thian thinks derB is the Vigilante and would kill him if he dies, but I don't really see that happening at all. He's smart, so you never know what conclusion he may reach however. So I guess he's too dangerous to night kill. At least Thian convinced me of that.

Anyway, I think if Dogdude's the vigilante, he'll leave me and Thian alone. He's fairly in the clear right now, and even though he's done a few suspicious things, he just seems like an generally good overall person to kill. It'll put the target on Dragontear, but shouldn't have any effect on my position or Thian's position hopefully.

Official Kill Choice: Dogdude84

I'm tired and need sleep badly. I think it shows in the lack of coherence contained in this message.

Tiffani:
Ok, this is soooooooooooo hard. I kind of thought Termy wasn't guilty but I needed that vote off me lol UGH ok, so I sent you my thoughts and I've done a lot more thinking about this, and I still have no clue. As you know, I suck at guessing lol But anyway, I'm going to go with one of the most active people and at least get it out of the way. I actually am kind of hoping for one of those, ok the doctor is going to save her so we'll attack someone else dealies lol And hope the doctor decides to think that the mafia will think that so they save someone else lol And then maybe I can get one more night outta this lol

My worry here is, is Cam PLAYING dumb? Do I waste a night on him and he's no one, or do I skip him for now and try another suspicious person? UGH

ANYWAY...................................I choose to seduce.........................

BRANT ugh

I'm going to hate myself if I find out Brant's innocent and Cam is mafia lol

Dragontear:
good morning jackie, night phase time, im gonna vote to save myself this time

Mafia - Paradise - Reunion Sgsl1x

Day 3

Day 3 began with no nightkill and Tiffani revealed that she had slept with Brant. Thian immediately countered with theories that the Mafia did not attempt a kill. Brant did his best to persuade everyone that she was mistaken and since the doctor had protected Tiffani, it actually confused things more. Brant ended up being lynched but didn't go without leaving a list and pointing to Thian without meaning to.

Players Thoughts

Brant:
I think my logic is "okay" with a few holes that can be excused for not knowing the exact intricacies of the roles. But I think these people will still end up killing me, and I think Thian will follow soon after. Sad

Not. good. I don't want to be a losing evil role two games in a row.

Brant:
I just came up with a way to save myself that might work. The only thing is, it would hurt the Mafia so much to the extent where it saving me could maybe cost Thian the game. But it would save me a day! Hahahaha.

"What if you guys keep me alive and Tiffani disables me again tonight? If I am Mafia, that means there will be no kills; Tiffani won't die. If Tiffani does die, then you know that you were wrong about me and that I am not Mafia."

"If I'm still alive tomorrow and there are no kills tonight, just lynch me then. The benefit behind this is that if I am Mafia and you guys do this strategy, then the Doctor can protect Tiffani again the next night while she can disable someone else."

Brant:
Someone might figure out that plan I just thought of, and I think it's really smart and will gather support if they phrase it right.

So I think I need to die soon because it would take a miracle to survive this round and position Thian well for the future otherwise. Can we self-vote? [to which I answered yes]

Brant:
Ty. I really, really don't know what to do. I think Thian screwed up defending me talking about a "no kill on purpose" because he's probably the #1 suspect if I die. When there wasn't a kill, I think he may have suspected that it was going to be him who turned out being the suspect, not me. This situation just isn't good, and the game could be over VERY soon.

Brant:

*sigh* Idk. I'm looking around trying to think of something, but am coming up blank. By capitalizing the R in realignment, I just told Deetster who I was. Realignment has a special meaning between the two of us. We'll see if he or anyone else notices.

Brant:

Yes, that's why I did it. Because no one would think I'd be signalling to him that way. Assuming he is the traitor and was signalling to the other players in Round 1 that he was, he's looking for signs of his friends and probably closely reading the posts because of that. Hopefully the word Realignment sticks out because he sees the capital R and he realizes it's my way of signalling him.

I don't see what signalling him can really do at this point because I'll likely be dead really soon, but it'll be super fun if he does notice!

Brant:
I'm so glad that Dragonldy sealed my FAITH. Thian's screwed. Whether he realizes this or not, I'd be shocked to see this game go more than one more day.

Thian:
Tiffani [night action],

I can't take that chance that derBmoose protected her the previous night.
I can't take the chance that dogdude is not the doctor.

Hopefully this will get me a kill I so desperately need otherwise its game over tomorrow.

Tiffani:
YAY!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad, now I just have to make it through this night. I wish I had been able to leave my thoughts on other members. If I'm correct, I survive another night and we'll win so yay there lol With this, I choose to seduce Thian

Knowing for sure now that he is not the doctor gives me some relief because I won't be disabling the doctor's power. Now lets hope I'm right again cuz I'd hate to die Sad

-jk-:
Sorry Jackie,

I went out of town for the holiday and didn't have a chance to check in...I missed so much!

Anyway, I've tried to read up and I feel like a marked-man now that Brant is confirmed Mafia and voted to lynch me. I don't know who the other mafia member is but I feel I must attempt to use my bomb this round or risk being killed due to inactivity.

I'm going with a hunch and using my bomb to target DragonLdy

Dragontear:

good morning hostest. im gonna use my lawyer power on dragonldy this time thanks Mafia - Paradise - Reunion 204853

derBmoose:
Hey, sorry I missed ya earlier. I choose to protect Thian tonight. If I am guessing correctly, the mafia will not go after me since I can protect myself tonight. I also believe they are most likely to attack Tiff because of that, since she has no protection from the doctor and her only guarantee is if she chooses the right target. And since I think Thian is at least not mafia (I suspect he might be the traitor, perhaps) he is our most solid bet to eek out a majority vote on potential mafia, since as traitor he wouldn't be able to tell who is mafia either.

I am hoping this stall out works, because as long as I don't get targeted tonight, and maybe Tiff can pull off another good pick, and prevent the attack from even happening, that will give us nearly everything we need to know, aside from the traitor, who can't kill us at night anyways, the game should belong to the town. And if tiff dies, I can at least protect myself the next round to get one more round out of this, it looks like we need more active players around than anything right now.

Mafia - Paradise - Reunion 11m6n2d

Day 4:

Another no kill for the Mafia and Thian found himself with his back against the wall after being blocked by Tiffani. He didn't lay down, though. He again used his own logic and talked himself out of a jam. People chose to believe Thian's theories rather than to look at the facts. I was shaking my head at this point, lol. If the prostitute disables someone and there is no night kill...then I would rather go for the obvious and lynch the person she disabled. If it turns out to be wrong, then believe another theory. In this game, though, it's better to look at facts before you believe someone's word. Evil people lie - that's the game!

Players Thoughts

Thian:
....dead....lol. *throws hands up in air and says AYYYYYOOOO*

we'll see what can come of this. [I think I said something encouraging, lol]

Thian:
if I make it out alive at this point.

but this stupid doc prostitute combo is way too frusterating.

Brant:
I just...can't believe they weren't ready to kill Thian the second there was a no lynch and Thian started talking about a no lynch possibility.

They've even said numerous times that only someone in desperate position would think of that scenario, and Thian did. I thought he was in bad shape because we started arguing the same thing, he acted suspicious about how he voted for me. He started posting similar thoughts like with our mistake concerning who the Doctor was since we discussed that together. Then, before I died in the prayer that I could, I just ranked everyone how I would've ranked them if I weren't evil, and apparently THAT is what caused Thian to stick out in everyone's mind? Despite derBmoose and Tiffani just saying that he wasn't clear for lynching Virtuanno several times in the past? Wtf? I suck at this game. Thian maybe could've killed Tiffani last night if I didn't, and he'd have had a better shot at winning the game with so many people who aren't posting.

If Thian even survives a round here, since he should be dead thanks to our actions (specifically mine), he's got my vote for VP. If he pulls off a miracle and wins, he gets MVP. [can't say I didn't agree with him here]

Thian:
Get ready for the long haul Mafia - Paradise - Reunion 204853 LOL This game isn't going to end. LOL

It will get down to Me, tiffani and derBmoose, if I am lucky..... get ready for like 5 more day rounds with no night rounds. pffft lmfao.

Tiffani:
Ok so here I am, another night to do some damage but what kind of damage can I do?

I still think Thian is mafia, but with no one voting how the heck could I have gotten him out Mafia - Paradise - Reunion 735214 It sucks that I can't seduce back to back, and what sucks even more is that they think I can, and that I will seduce Thian. If Thian kills me and the doctor doesn't protect me, they'll all believe that Thian is cleared because they'll think I have cleared him in my death. I was unsure whether or not to speak up about this misunderstanding. I wanted Thian to believe that I was going to seduce him again so he wouldn't bother with a night kill but then again, I should've spoke up so that if/when I die, they don't clear Thian. I hope that the doctor protects me but he might just turn around and protect himself because he is also a walking target.
Anyway, I'm still not sure who I find to be guilty other than Thian, but if I go with one of the four Ds (not including Deet) then my suspicions are as follows

1. DragonTear
2. Dogdude
3. Dragonlady
4. DJ

So I will seduce DragonTear tonight and hope that I live to tell my tale! lol

Dragontear:
damn we got another innocent, ummmm.. can i vote to save myself again?. i doen't say in the rules i cant, but just asking. i voted to save myself 2 days ago. so if i can ill use my ability on myself, if not pm me and ill pick someone else, thanks jackie Mafia - Paradise - Reunion 204853

Brant:
1) Lynch DJ or Dragonldy --- down to 6
2) Night kill Tiffani --- down to 5 (if she tries to clear someone else)
3) DogDude, Thian, and Dragontear kill DJ or Dragonldy --- down to 4

Winning this is still actually possible for Thian, despite me getting myself killed and and almost bringing him down with me. It's unlikely...but possible. I hope he can pull it off so I don't feel so horrible about leading Tiffani onto him!

derBmoose:
oh yeah, and I protect nobody this night phase
for your game
if I need to die to bring majority down low enough to be reachable, so be it
and if Thian is mafia, which I don't suspect entrely, he wont be able to kill anyways
and if there is a kill
that eliminates at least one suspect
wrost case scenario here
is Thian dies
best case, DJ or Deetster get killed
because then he is obviously not mafia
and we only eliminate him as a suspect
instead of two people
odds are though, that either [Tiffani] or thian will die
I am banking on the fact that the mafia believes I am protecting myself tonight, so they don't pick me if thian isnt mafia

but if they do [if thian or tiffani die], at least thian is cleared of being mafia
and I will die having progressed them that much more
and this is all assuming tiff is really the prostitute and chooses thian again

Mafia - Paradise - Reunion S3m58h

Day 5:

So, the doctor (derBmoose) decided not to protect anyone this night and was killed by Mafia. Somehow, Thian again avoided a lynch and DJ was the poor victim at the end of the round.

Players Thoughts

Tiffani:
Ok.................so here are my thoughts.
I still believe Thian is guilty but he's very good at redirecting everyone from going after him. At first I was going to seduce Donna to prove her innocence but then I thought that Thian would do one of two things....................KILL ME lol or not kill anyone and pin it on Donna. I believe he will go with option #1 and kill me lol

So I will seduce Thian and just pray I can get enough support to kill lynch his ass during the day phase.

Of course if I die, that means that Cam is the mafia and Donna will at least be cleared because they will have no way to find out that I didn't seduce her lol

Thian:
I think its night kill four.

well.

It is time for the Prosty to be done with.

I choose Tiffani to Night Kill.

this is what I am speculating. Tiffani is going to go along with trying to sleep with Dragonldy. This will leave her open to to getting night killed.

However, on the other, if Tiffani doesn't go along with the plan, and then attempts to block me, she is just testing if I am lying or not, this could be potentially bad.

I think pretty much after this night kill my ass is cooked anyway but, let's hope for the best. I got really lucky that DerBmoose didn't protect himself. Glad to have gotten him off my back, he was way on to me even from day 1.

Thian:

FAWWWK IM dead.. I am SO dead right now.

Mafia - Paradise - Reunion Wrks39

Day 6:

So, this time Tiffani was not letting up on lynching Thian so he claimed her role and called her a liar. I have to admit he doesn't quit. It even sounded like he had a DT and Cam believing him at first, too. Then Deet reappears and claims DT's role. It was a good effort but enough was enough, I guess. Thian was finally lynched. Good effort, Thian!

Players Thoughts

Tiffani:
I choose Cam :D

Dragontear:
i know im greedy lol so im gonna use the power on myself again just in case, but im pretty sure i know who the traitor is Mafia - Paradise - Reunion 204853 thanks jackie

Mafia - Paradise - Reunion 1zb5ct3

Day 7:

Pretty short and self-explanatory, lol. Deet was pretty much outed at the end of Day 6 so it was just a matter of making the last lynch and the Townies won the game.

If I left anyone's thoughts out or if you wish to add anything, please do. Again, thanks for a great game, guys! And, don't forget to vote for MVP by Sunday night!!
Back to top Go down
Dragonbunny
Stardust
Stardust
Dragonbunny

Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Reunion   Mafia - Paradise - Reunion EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 7:20 am

wow jackie you put alot of effort into that good job it was fun to read everyones thoughts and roles haha, good stuff. man its a good thing i switched my vote to tiffani (before the night phase was over) or we could of been screwed
Back to top Go down
Tiffani
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
Tiffani

Pig

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Reunion   Mafia - Paradise - Reunion EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 7:41 am

That was so awesome to read all that Jackie. I love the charts and the players' thoughts. Very nice. I'll have to send lots more messages in future games with lots of thoughts :D Even if I'm a lowly townie hehehehehe
Thian, I think you did an AWESOME job. Killing one of your own right outta the gate. Articulating yourself so much better than I can do lmao And of course, trying to claim the prostitute role as your own.
I had so much fun and can't wait for another season in the future.
Back to top Go down
Brant
Winner
Winner

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Reunion   Mafia - Paradise - Reunion EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 8:12 am

- We figured Deetster was the traitor after seeing his post on Day 1.

- I was incredibly paranoid that Thian was the Undercover Cop after Day 1 and would just expose all of us, so I went to PhocQ trying to kill him. There was just so much paranoia that first day/night not knowing what was going on and accidentally lynching Virtuanno in the process.

- The Prostitute role concerned me more than anything, once the Undercover Cop was dead. We were just ONE vote away from killing the Prostitute before she caused any problems, and that would've completely changed the whole complexion of the game. It seemed like there were a few times when we just about had the game under control, and each time, Tiffani would make some clutch decision to stop that.

- I really wanted to try to kill Tiffani and generate a no-lynch to "frame" someone. Thian and I talked about this and that maybe we should try to kill her or do a no lynch sometime to frame a person. Sadly, it didn't work, and it wouldn't have worked anyway because she chose to disable me next. And then after I died, Thian couldn't really risk not killing and needed as many people dead as possible.

- Thian was AMAZING. Honestly if he didn't have me to work with and had someone playing a smarter, more "typical" Mafia game and not one trying to combine the role with crazy psychology, I think he could've made it to the end and won for sure. I still feel bad about accidentally bringing him down after I died. I thought I might convince derBmoose and Tiffani (and thus, everyone else) to save me for a round, but I shouldn't have bothered and shouldn't just died to give him a better shot at going further.
Back to top Go down
Mr Phoc
Stardust
Stardust
Mr Phoc

Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Reunion   Mafia - Paradise - Reunion EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 10:47 am

Great job with the reunion, Jackie. Tons of interesting stuff in there. Smile

Great job Thian and Brant on figuring out I was the Undercover Cop.
Back to top Go down
derB
Host
Host
derB

Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Reunion   Mafia - Paradise - Reunion EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 11:42 am

The night I died, I have no idea why I said I didn't entirely suspect Thian, lol, because I totally did. I was willing to bank my life in the game on the fact that he was mafia, so that is why I did that... The only thing that had me doubting it was that fact the he voted for Virt first.

Thian really sold himself out to me the day Brant got seduced. Normally talkative, normally inquisitive, but that round he was mostly silent. Then he gets way out of character when he was seduced and quadruple stacks posts trying to defend himself. I wanted to vote for him, but as the atmosphere of the game was... quiet... and we were starving for majority votes, I didn't really feel like I could get the support to lynch him that I needed in that stage. So I played it like I didn't really suspect him, so he wouldn't be able to build any kind of defense before the night phase came and there wasn't a night kill again after I dropped my bomb of a plan as late as I could on my last day, and protect no one to be absolutely sure no mafia actions were taking place... but Tiff chose to seduce Dragontear... I am curious as to why, I thought she agreed with my plan.

I thought I had you pinned, team red. Wink
Back to top Go down
Brant
Winner
Winner

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Reunion   Mafia - Paradise - Reunion EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 11:48 am

You were scary, derBmoose.

Could the Prostitute disable the same person every night or every other night? I was really confused about this and how Thian and Tiffani were claiming different things when they both said that they were the Prostitute.
Back to top Go down
derB
Host
Host
derB

Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Reunion   Mafia - Paradise - Reunion EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 12:21 pm

I am almost positive that the prostitute can disable the same target twice in a row, I even checked back at the rules to see the wording on Jackie's role page to make sure my plan was legit. Perhaps I was wrong though, and the 'official' Mafia rules state otherwise.

On a side note, a lot of the fun I had in regard to the game actually took place off the boards, chatting with Thian. We have been watching Death Note, and we gave the opposing sides 'team colors'. After a while, I began using my team color (blue) to tease him, without ever really saying it, that I was onto him. The fact that we were watching that show gave my game in particular a lot of extra flavor, and it was a lot of fun, feeling like we were a real life "L" and "Light" duking it out behind the scenes.

Don't worry, we kept it legit and there was no discussion about game content.
Back to top Go down
Thian
Lucky Star
Lucky Star
Thian

Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Reunion   Mafia - Paradise - Reunion EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 1:06 pm

Hey everyone,

It was a blast to play with you all. I was hoping to be a plain old townie.

PhocQ: Amazing game to play with you. Unfortunately the game between mafia and undercover took place behind the scenes for everyone but you had me paranoid that you were talking to brant to try to get me out and that I was the undercover.

Brant: Awh buddeh, its cool, I should have listened to you to get Tiffani out before. Her role was prooven a bit more dangerous than I had thought. You did really well and I enjoyed talking with you.

Virtuanno: I am really sorry for going after you round 1. Try to remember not to twist peoples words around and reword them. It is very sketchy. I started to play exactly how I would as a Townie at the beginning and that is the major glaring error I saw in your play at least, if that didn't happen I know you would have made a good player on the mafia side for sure.

Tiffani: Well you stuck with your guns and didn't buy what I had to say. That is amazing you did a really good job, and no you don't need to articulate or formulate. One thing I can suggest, is as I stated before, personally I don't use speculation to get results because it ends up being guess work and outguessing what someone would or wouldn't do. Instead when someone says something, ask questions about their motives behind saying what they said, or voting how they vote. Find out reasons and how they are feeling about their actions. It might work. The guess work is fun but mafia will use it.

DerBmoose: I am so glad I got to play in a game with you. You were a great player and very logical. Had to go after you if I were to have a chance. Again should have listened to brant.....bleh not very good at playing on a team ((control freak issues I suppose))

Deetster: You are a great player too but I wish you had been around a lot more than you had.

Dragonldy: I feel you were disinterested in playing, but interested enough to vote. It would have been nice to see a bit more from you during this game.

Cam: I wish you were around a little bit more too, its unfortunate I didn't fully get to play the game with you either. Hopefully next time we can play a full game together.

Dragontear: you are a good player, your thoughts in the game would have been good. I wish you would have gotten on board with me for a no lynch blharharharrh awh well.

JK: I am really sorry for chiding at you at the beginning of the game, it wasn't my intent to "throw the fun out" of the game.

Mandie: Loved playing with you as well, sorry you had been eliminated so early Sad

Kenya: HAHA. I mean.. wait no....but chief of police, im really glad that role was gone at the beginning otherwise we would have had to deal with prosty mcopenlegs and coffee n donuts mcgee at the same time. that woulda been not good.

Termy: GET TO WORK.....you are probably not gonna read this, but you were a scary adversary at the beginning of the game and I warned the group not to question you too much and get involved with your back lash of quesitoning people for voting you. which is good. If you had kept that up during the game and didn't lose interest. You woulda been a very good townie.

I know im forgetting people I think......

however Jackie.

Thanks for putting this game together, thanks for being an amazing host. Lots of learning from here on out, I do hope you put together another game sometime soon because I think you do at least have everything more organized than what I ever had and do.

I found the "journals" to be an interesting highlight of this reunion for sure.
Back to top Go down
Thian
Lucky Star
Lucky Star
Thian

Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Reunion   Mafia - Paradise - Reunion EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 1:09 pm

If I had to say who I thought MVP would be.

I think it would be PhocQ. Unfortunately there was a lot of background game that the rest of the group didn't get to see, and the simple fact that he had me not trusting brant by the end of the night where we finally did decide to off him. He absolutely deserves it and yeah. Great game.

VP's obviously I would be choosing. DerBmoose: Simply for the fact that paired up with Tiffani he had me pinched into a corner and I was sure as hell dead.
and Tiffani: The fact that she didn't buy into anything I was saying.... lol was absolutely frusterating...but im glad she was able to see past that.
Back to top Go down
Thian
Lucky Star
Lucky Star
Thian

Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Reunion   Mafia - Paradise - Reunion EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 1:11 pm

Brant you were close as well in the VP's choice that I had for sure.
Back to top Go down
Doggerz
Porn Star
Porn Star
Doggerz

Rat

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Reunion   Mafia - Paradise - Reunion EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 8:38 pm

That was really interesting to read all of those confessionals! Were those specific people asked for confessionals or did they simply offer them up? Confessionals are really fun to read at the end like this!

Thian and Tiffani played amazing games. I'm really happy with the way things turned out.
Back to top Go down
Enchantress
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
Enchantress

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Reunion   Mafia - Paradise - Reunion EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 9:05 pm

Caroling Cam wrote:
That was really interesting to read all of those confessionals! Were those specific people asked for confessionals or did they simply offer them up? Confessionals are really fun to read at the end like this!

Thian and Tiffani played amazing games. I'm really happy with the way things turned out.

Well, this was part of my "I meant to do it but got busy and didn't completely follow through" thing. I meant to make a post saying that if people wanted to send me PMs with thoughts, kind of like confessionals, I would post them at the end of the game. It started with Brant sending me his thoughts on a regular basis and I ended up telling Tiffani she could send me thoughts just as I was talking to her, and maybe mentioned it to a couple of other people. I just didn't end up posting anything. Thian has the right idea to post it up front on Day 1, though. Mafia - Paradise - Reunion 204853
Back to top Go down
Enchantress
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
Enchantress

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Reunion   Mafia - Paradise - Reunion EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 6:51 pm

I need votes for Game MVP by tonight at 23:59pm EST. Here are the eligible choices:

1. derBmoose
2. DJ
3. Dogdude
4. Dragonldy
5. Dragontear
6. –jk-
7. Kenya
8. PhocQ
9. Termy
10. Tiffani
11. vastfantastic

Please PM me asap. Thanks!

Back to top Go down
Virtuanno
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
Virtuanno

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Reunion   Mafia - Paradise - Reunion EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 3:04 am

I just want to walk through the process of picking my players:

1. PhocQ - Pretty cool player, and I've seen him do well as a wolf before. I was also worried, as I was about all the mafia, but especially about him, as he was perhaps the most dangerous as he is so good. I know he's good enough at playing roles, and thought about changing him out because I worried that he'd play such a good undercover cop role.

2. Thian - I felt like giving him a challenge in his first game with us. He was someone I definitely wanted on my side, as I thought he'd be a great player. I thought he'd be a great player, as he knows about you from playing with you.

3. Brant - You led the entire town throughout Werewolf 4, and I wanted to see you do that as a mafioso. I wanted to give you a second chance after stuffing up in Saw.

Gameplay-wise:

Lovers: Wow, you sucked.
Thian: Great game, but I was raging when I was voted out, and wanted to send you a profanity laden message. I have never been so angry about a game. Even when you called me out, I was angry.

I got over it. I was just happy that the Lovers were screwed over by my death.

PhocQ: Not as good as I feared you would be as Undercover Cop.

Brant: Were you intending to play an UTR game?

I forget a lot about the game after I left. I think it went too fast.

Also, I think Thian was misrepresenting me during the first round, and riding my ass about editing out a mistake in my post is a pretty crappy reason for voting me out.
Back to top Go down
Thian
Lucky Star
Lucky Star
Thian

Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Reunion   Mafia - Paradise - Reunion EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 3:09 pm

Hey Virt,

sorry about that. I did actually feel bad. I had really thought you were the Under Cover at the beginning and thast why I had ran after you. Later behind the scenes PhocQ had made a few comments that kinda gave him away after a bit of discussion with him.

So, really I am sorry about that man when I found out you actually picked us. I was like :S awh shiat.... So again I do apologize for that.
Back to top Go down
Enchantress
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
Enchantress

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Reunion   Mafia - Paradise - Reunion EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 7:21 pm

Okay, I need to clear one thing up. I feel bad because I lost some PMs from round 1 and it was really late the night I posted this reunion thread, but...

After the end of Day 1 when Virtuanno was dead and Phoc/Brant/Thian knew he was the Mafia boss, Thian and Brant were all about trying to figure out the cop. Thian was trying to get Brant to vote to kill PhocQ and Brant thought it was Thian and was trying to get PhocQ to vote with him and kill Thian.

PhocQ felt bad that the Mafia was already down one member and with all the other good roles available to the townies, he felt it was a bit lopsided. Also, he knew that if he agreed to vote to kill Thian with Brant and Thian didn't die, that would just give him away and he would only have one night left to live. He could have just gone into Day 2 and posted who the other two Mafia were but he didn't want to do that to the game. I felt bad that I did set his role up so it would be really difficult to play, but...live and learn, right?

This was part of the AIM convo, where PhocQ was deciding what to do:

PhocQ: i just realized people will assume smart folk were picked
i hope the boss picked a dud too
can i wear a fedora?
i will have to post in code
and hope the police chief is smart enough to maybe pay attention and try and see stuff
well now that i am a mafioso i realize that people will look to people like me, brant, deet as mafia. cause they would think the boss would pick smart people
most likely will try and kill thian

phocqr (8:48:27 PM): i dont have much of a choice
phocqr (8:48:38 PM): if i dont push for it brant will vote with thian against me
phocqr (8:48:58 PM): he pretty much said he almost trusts thian more than me now
i dont have a choice
phocqr (8:49:28 PM): better thian doesnt die and i live for 1 round
phocqr (8:49:32 PM): than just die tonight
so i got one day left basically
phocqr (8:50:22 PM): i got no idea what to do cause i cant just come out and tell everyone
phocqr (8:50:42 PM): but basicaly once the next day starts they will know i am the cop. or at least know i am most likely cop
phocqr (8:50:50 PM): cause i'ts possible it didnt happen for other reasons too
sorry i couldnt do more with your undercover cop role :-(
well im still a little unsure about what i can and icant do
phocqr (8:55:18 PM): like lets say they know who i am. can i say anything during the day?
i need to find a way to get the envelope
phocqr (8:56:34 PM): leo's envelope
phocqr (8:56:36 PM): lawl
Buffy Zanzibar (8:56:40 PM): lol
phocqr (8:57:07 PM): then this game is probably going to be over pretty quick lol
i think they are having fun so far
phocqr (8:59:45 PM): maybe i will just hint to brant i am cop. then they can kill me and it's more even for the rest of the game
well i am going to lose no matter what i do
phocqr (9:03:09 PM): it is almost impossible for me to survive 2 nights
phocqr (9:03:21 PM): i can either say nothing and just die or say something and then die
the only angle i have is convinceing brant that the doc and whore could get in the way. and we could think thian is mafia but isn't
phocqr (9:05:25 PM): but that sounds like somethign cop would say
phocqr (9:05:31 PM): so i rather brant just think of that for himself
thian wanted to kill dj
Buffy Zanzibar (9:07:21 PM): ah
phocqr (9:07:21 PM): i think brant would rather derbmoose
phocqr (9:07:50 PM): or maybe
phocqr (9:08:04 PM): if i survive tonight i could lie tomorrow
phocqr (9:08:25 PM): hint to the group i am cop and i am found out
phocqr (9:08:50 PM): and that dragontear and tiff are mafia
phocqr (9:08:51 PM): lol
then at least thian and brant would be like ok lets not kill him yet
phocqr (9:09:12 PM): lol

Mr Orange
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkADj0TPrJA
phocqr (1:19:07 PM): actually this is better :-P
phocqr (1:19:07 PM): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrJQDnAHrRY

yeah Mr White
phocqr (1:24:10 PM): Mr Pink was Buscemi
phocqr (1:24:12 PM): Thian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGl9yIgDt2Q
Buffy Zanzibar (1:28:26 PM): oh okay i see him
phocqr (1:29:29 PM): its an awesome movie
phocqr (1:29:56 PM): why do i have to be mr pink? lol

So, he actually hinted to Brant, on purpose that he was the cop. He used the following PM which he sent to Brant as his hint:

Hey Mr Brant.

I spent a lot of time going over all the roles and what the best course of action would be for our first kill. Originally I had typed out a long pm to you but then I figured maybe it was better if I kept it simple.

I am hoping I don't actually have to say anything and you can figure it out for yourself. I always prefer to try and be a little bit subtle about these things. So hopefully when you read this pm, and read it very carefully...right to the very bottom... lol... you will know what to do.

This really sucks but sometimes we have to do things we don't want for the better interests of the game. And that's really the reason I am sending you this PM. Once you guys have made up your minds what you want to do then maybe I can better explain myself.

Pink and White have never been favorite colours of mine but for this game I will make an exception.

In case you haven't seen "Reservoir Dogs", Mr Orange was an Undercover cop and his hint about the colors "Pink and White" referred to Thian and Brant who would be Mr Pink and Mr White (both Mafia) in this scenario. (Watch this video for clarification:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGl9yIgDt2Q ).

I don't know if Brant or Thian ever got the reference, but after the PM, Brant and Thian decided to vote to kill him.

I actually thought there would be more discussion around this but since there wasn't I feel compelled to explain what really happened during the night. Mafia/Phoc, please feel free to correct my summary if I missed anything.
Back to top Go down
Thian
Lucky Star
Lucky Star
Thian

Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Reunion   Mafia - Paradise - Reunion EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 7:41 pm

that is pretty much how it went down.

LOL resevoir dogs.... poor PhocQ'r Sad
however, it is one reason why I voted MVP for u.
Back to top Go down
Enchantress
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
Enchantress

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Reunion   Mafia - Paradise - Reunion EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 7:51 pm

And speaking of MVP.... we do have our winner...

CONGRATULATIONS TO TIFFANI on MVP!!!

(wherever you are Mafia - Paradise - Reunion 609630 )

I didn't get everyone's vote but from what I did receive, she was the clear majority. Congrats also to derBmoose and PhocQ for receiving votes.

Now, let's get to the next matter, VP. Please vote for 2 people to win VP of the game. You can choose any 2 people from the cast, just not Tiffani, obviously!

1. Brant
2. Deetster
3. derBmoose
4. DJ
5. Dogdude
6. Dragonldy
7. Dragontear
8. –jk-
9. Kenya
10. PhocQ
11. Termy
12. Thian
13. vastfantastic
14. Virtuanno

Please vote by private message by Thursday, December 16th 11:59pm EST

Back to top Go down
Thian
Lucky Star
Lucky Star
Thian

Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Reunion   Mafia - Paradise - Reunion EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 7:55 pm

Congrats Tiffani!

Also Sent my VP votes in! Good luck to the both of you!
Back to top Go down
derB
Host
Host
derB

Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Reunion   Mafia - Paradise - Reunion EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 9:18 pm

Congrats Tiff! Without you, we would have been screwed. I hope everything is going alright for you. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tiffani
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
Tiffani

Pig

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Reunion   Mafia - Paradise - Reunion EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 10:01 am

Hi everyone, thanks for the votes Smile I will hopefully send my VP vote in right soon here, read Thian's game for what's going on with me lol

I am so freaking excited to be the MVP for Jackie's FIRST mafia game and can't wait to play in future games, please host more!!! I had a blast, and thanks to those that were active and helped me to enjoy it.

As for my role, it would probably take me an hour to go to messages and copy and paste it lo but the pm I recieved from Jackie stated that I could not seduce the same person back to back which is why the good doctor died Sad
Back to top Go down
Mr Phoc
Stardust
Stardust
Mr Phoc

Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Reunion   Mafia - Paradise - Reunion EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 3:28 pm

Grats Tiff!
Back to top Go down
Dragonbunny
Stardust
Stardust
Dragonbunny

Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Reunion   Mafia - Paradise - Reunion EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 10:16 am

good job tiffani, you kicked some mafia assssss
Back to top Go down
Enchantress
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
Enchantress

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Reunion   Mafia - Paradise - Reunion EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 4:05 pm

I need VP votes by tonight at midnight. I only have a few so PLEASE, guys, send these in!!! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Reunion   Mafia - Paradise - Reunion Empty

Back to top Go down

Mafia - Paradise - Reunion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next