ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Reality Gaming Planet

HomeHomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mafia - Paradise - Day 1

Go down 
+12
Kenya
-jk-
Dragonbunny
dj
Doggerz
Termy
Mr Phoc
Amanda Leigh
Brant
derB
Thian
Enchantress
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Dragonbunny
Stardust
Stardust
Dragonbunny

Buffalo

Mafia - Paradise - Day 1 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Day 1   Mafia - Paradise - Day 1 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 12:53 am

-jk- wrote:

Sidenote: Careful when typing the words "Squirt" and "Suck" into google images. Just sayin.

....... lol now i know what you do in your spare time Wink
Back to top Go down
Kenya
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Kenya

Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Day 1   Mafia - Paradise - Day 1 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 1:30 am

Yay I'm home from work now.. here is the answers to Thian's questions! Smile

Random Questions to start off
1. Would you rather Lynch a Lurker, or Lynch a Liar?
I think I'd rather lynch a liar, but really the lurker style of game play can be pretty annoying too because you can't read those people and you don't know if they just don't care or what.
2. Favorite meal of the day?
Dinner, I LOVE chicken!
3. What type of roles interest you to be in these games?
I love the evil roles because in my first werewolf game I was a wolf and I really enjoyed that.. the strategy of it and what not, but the investigating roles sound fun as well just as all these new ones, I can't wait to see how they play out!
4. Favorite type of beverage
Coca Cola is my all time fav, I also love iced tea.. and water Smile
5. With quick deadlines how active can we hope to see you be?
I'm as active as I possibly can.. I work sometimes and well then I can only view it on my breaks and may only have time to read the updates and that's all. But yep before and after work.. active active active as always Smile
Back to top Go down
Virtuanno
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
Virtuanno

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Day 1   Mafia - Paradise - Day 1 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 2:34 am

Sorry I haven't posted yet. I'll come round later tonight and post my thesis and whatnot. Just checking in for now Smile
Back to top Go down
Tiffani
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
Tiffani

Pig

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Day 1   Mafia - Paradise - Day 1 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 4:57 am

Awesome, I love that the day has started and everyone's looking hyper active today lol

1. Would you rather Lynch a Lurker, or Lynch a Liar
A liar
Lunch, light and easy
Every role. I like the doctor roles though, trying to think who to heal and the excitement you feel when you choose someone that the bad guys tried to kill.
Also, the bad guy roles are extra fun lol

Milk or Steeped Tea although I have been enjoying my flavored coffees lately, I still love my milk and tea
Active, I'm impatient and always checking the boards, so with a quicker deadline, I'll be checking more often haha
Back to top Go down
Virtuanno
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
Virtuanno

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Day 1   Mafia - Paradise - Day 1 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 5:26 am

Lynch all liars is sometimes a good rule, but not if the lie is for the good of the town.

My favourite meal of the day is dinner or lunch. It really depends on what I have.

Investigative roles. They seem like they'd be fun.

Coca-cola is my favourite beverage.

I log on as often as possible, and I like posting as much as possible.
Back to top Go down
Virtuanno
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
Virtuanno

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Day 1   Mafia - Paradise - Day 1 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 5:57 am

I want to kick off this game by posting my analysis of the last game.

I know you guys have played this game and many others with each other, and that makes you a really tight group, and sometimes it appears things just go without saying. Personally, I think that the only way we're going to weed out the mafia is by making lengthy posts. The point of this is that having more content forces more out of the scum if they attempt to fit in.

The more we extract from the scum, the more scum tells we will spot, and the easier it will be to determine who is who.

I still believe that keeping a notepad is important, as it allows us to keep a track of what everyone is saying and what doesn't add up.

What's the go with the pro-/anti- lynch argument this time around?

tl;dr -
Talk more
Write in a notepad
Lynching, yes or no?
Back to top Go down
Thian
Lucky Star
Lucky Star
Thian

Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Day 1   Mafia - Paradise - Day 1 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 6:03 am

Virtuanno wrote:
Lynch all liars is sometimes a good rule, but not if the lie is for the good of the town.

My favourite meal of the day is dinner or lunch. It really depends on what I have.

Investigative roles. They seem like they'd be fun.

Coca-cola is my favourite beverage.

I log on as often as possible, and I like posting as much as possible.

Objection:
Lying as a town is no good Virtuanno. AS much as you would like to believe it, you cause way too much confusion when the majority is already at a disadvantage.

Why?
1. it confuses town
2. you lose credibility
3. Since the way to proove if someone is telling the truth or lying is by lynching you end up sacraficing numbers in the game which is not good. Town should be transparent, truthful and active because there is absolutely no reason to lie if you are actually hunting properly.

Gladly putting my vote where it needs to be right now. That's already looking scummy in my eyes.

unvote Deetster
Vote: Virtuanno
Back to top Go down
Virtuanno
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
Virtuanno

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Day 1   Mafia - Paradise - Day 1 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 6:08 am

As I said, LaL is an excellent rule.

But if a lie or gambit results in the ousting of a scum, then it is for the good of the town, which makes it not as bad as a blatant lie that is told to confuse the town.
Back to top Go down
Tiffani
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
Tiffani

Pig

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Day 1   Mafia - Paradise - Day 1 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 6:41 am

But if you lie to oust a scum, you've still lied and the town just might not believe you when you're telling the truth. Haven't you ever heard of the little boy that cried wolf? lol
Back to top Go down
Virtuanno
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
Virtuanno

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Day 1   Mafia - Paradise - Day 1 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 6:52 am

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showpost.php?p=3645522&postcount=9

This is all I have to back up what I said. This is what I was trying to point out.
Back to top Go down
Termy
Star Burst
Star Burst
Termy

Goat

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Day 1   Mafia - Paradise - Day 1 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 8:48 am

Quote :
Most of the time, opportunities like those above will be rare, the exceptions to the rule, and require creativity and careful thought to fine-tune. In the vast majority of cases, townies should never lie, and use gambits only sparingly. LAL is not an immutable law, but it is a very useful tool, and it is undermined when players attempt to abuse the new-found leniency in its application.

At the end of the day, townies ought to be able to trust their fellow townies. Whenever you come up with a gambit, always make sure that whatever course you are contemplating does not risk destroying that trust, or turning it against the town. When in doubt, play it safe. Discretion is often the better part of valor, and boys with long noses are very prone to find their necks within the noose.

Virtuanno, are you willing to risk your future games playing reputation for 1 game only if you want to try to lie in this game? I know and i understand each game is different, however, once you are oust as a liar, its really hard to make people believe you when you really are telling the truth

Tiffani wrote:
But if you lie to oust a scum, you've still lied and the town just might not believe you when you're telling the truth. Haven't you ever heard of the little boy that cried wolf? lol

Love that quote!!
Back to top Go down
Enchantress
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
Enchantress

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Day 1   Mafia - Paradise - Day 1 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 9:28 am

DEADLINE: Saturday, November 20th, 23:59 EST

VOTES:
1 vote of 8: Virtuanno (Thian)

Pending Votes: 14
Brant, Deetster, derBmoose, DJ, Dogdude, Dragonldy, Dragontear, -jk-, Kenya PhocQ, Termy, Tiffani, vastfantastic, Virtuanno

Last edited by Jackie on Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tiffani
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
Tiffani

Pig

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Day 1   Mafia - Paradise - Day 1 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 11:04 am

Thanks Termy :D
Back to top Go down
-jk-
Host
Host
-jk-

Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Day 1   Mafia - Paradise - Day 1 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 11:31 am

derBmoose wrote:
Posting with pictures is a great role, I loves it!

I tried exactly what you said to be careful about, and this was the most entertaining/universally appropriate result:

Mafia - Paradise - Day 1 - Page 2 Geoduck-squirt

If this doesn't get the mafia to reveal themselves if only to beg me to not post any more pictures then maybe I better find more... Mafia - Paradise - Day 1 - Page 2 850857

Thats's a geoduck, by the way, a kind of clam. It's pronounced like "gooey duck"

This post is just OOZING with innuendo.
.........and again ^^^^^

Mafia - Paradise - Day 1 - Page 2 766255 Mafia - Paradise - Day 1 - Page 2 766255 Mafia - Paradise - Day 1 - Page 2 766255

<3

DragonTear wrote:
-jk- wrote:

Sidenote: Careful when typing the words "Squirt" and "Suck" into google images. Just sayin.

....... lol now i know what you do in your spare time Mafia - Paradise - Day 1 - Page 2 535556

Besides squirting and sucking there is also a lot of blowing in my spare time too.

Mafia - Paradise - Day 1 - Page 2 AAAAAsMhOmYAAAAAADvpxQ

OOPS! I meant:

Mafia - Paradise - Day 1 - Page 2 Lots-o-fans
Back to top Go down
Termy
Star Burst
Star Burst
Termy

Goat

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Day 1   Mafia - Paradise - Day 1 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 11:35 am

and how does above post help us find SCUM? Can you explain that?
Back to top Go down
Enchantress
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
Enchantress

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Day 1   Mafia - Paradise - Day 1 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 11:53 am

Why have you all chosen MY game to post ... arguably disgusting photos? Mafia - Paradise - Day 1 - Page 2 461220 And derBmoose, that pic was bad enough in its original size, lol!
Back to top Go down
derB
Host
Host
derB

Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Day 1   Mafia - Paradise - Day 1 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 11:56 am

I think an inflatable Gomez Addams and Carol Brady left in the open would entice any never-do-well out of hiding Razz

*LOL sorry, Jackie! I thought the picture was hilarious, and I had scaled it down in my post, but I guess the scaling goes away when it is quoted.

That said, since everybody else has answered 'lynch the liar' up to this point, I want to elaborate on my reasoning to lynch a lurker, especially in this first round, where we really don't have much action to base our judgments. I may not have read any compilations of Mafia strategy from seasoned pros or anything, but this is how I have seen it work out:

The lurker, when completely absent helps only the mafia. They don't even vote, making it that much harder for the townsfolk to get the majority, and therefore their only shot at revealing the mafia is even farther out of reach.

The lurker who only comes by to vote as the majority does to save only their own skin not only gives us nothing to go off of as far as their logic, they might not even bother to find out the reason that the person on the block is getting lynched in the first place, and we might lose out on some valuable insight they might have gleaned had they bothered to check up on it and discuss, and thus increases the chances of sending an innocent person to their grave.

I play to have fun as much if not more so than to win, and I would much rather spend my time trying to sift through the posts finding lies (because that's where all the fun is, right?) than I would trying to take random guesses on people that don't even care to post except for voting. Lurkers are just as much a tool of the mafia as they could be townsfolk whether they know it or not.
Back to top Go down
Kenya
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Kenya

Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Day 1   Mafia - Paradise - Day 1 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 12:23 pm

I think the only problem with your logic there is as was stated, there are more than one kind of lurker.. their are the ones that don't even watch.. nor care about the game.. but then there are the ones that just sit back and post when needed and watch the game but try not to say much at all. How do we figure out which one someone is playing as. Do we just bring up there names and see if they actually post because that's one way to see if someone is paying attention.
Back to top Go down
derB
Host
Host
derB

Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Day 1   Mafia - Paradise - Day 1 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 12:40 pm

Well if there was a definite way to point out exactly what each playing style indicated as far as roles, then this game would be easy. I mean that we need to pay more attention to what isn't being said and who isn't saying it, just as we do for people who are vocal.

And yes, I think that putting pressure on them is a great way to see where the stand, because if they actually care they would speak up. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kenya
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Kenya

Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Day 1   Mafia - Paradise - Day 1 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 12:43 pm

Exactly! As for if we should lynch or not lynch, I think the only way we find out anything is to lynch the first round.. to look where people vote.. find patterns and what not.. it's just tough to figure out who to lynch first.
Back to top Go down
Deetster
Winner
Winner
Deetster

Horse

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Day 1   Mafia - Paradise - Day 1 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 12:44 pm

Hey hey all, nice to see this started (albeit I had seen before, but was busy with other stuff to post).

Anywhoozle,

1. Would you rather Lynch a Lurker, or Lynch a Liar

Lynching the liar would probably be most helpful, since they are likely to cause the most confusion over time. Lurkers are not as fun though, lol.

Breakfast can be AMAZING, if prepared right

I like being anything for the most part, and I think all roles can be interesting, if they are played well, and with style.

I like anything caffeinated.

More active now that I've getting some exams out of the way at collegio.
Back to top Go down
http://copsandrobbers1.proboards.com/index.cgi
Termy
Star Burst
Star Burst
Termy

Goat

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Day 1   Mafia - Paradise - Day 1 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 12:50 pm

I agree that lurkers are almost as bad as liars. However, with lurkers, it is easy to get them to talk by just applying some pressure, if no success, then lynch them. Eventually, lynchers if they want to continue to play these games and not get killed early, they must particiapte
Back to top Go down
Kenya
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Kenya

Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Day 1   Mafia - Paradise - Day 1 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 1:38 pm

Spoken from someone that went through just that Wink
Back to top Go down
Mr Phoc
Stardust
Stardust
Mr Phoc

Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Day 1   Mafia - Paradise - Day 1 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 1:57 pm

Concerning the debate of "to lynch or not to lynch", I think this is the first game I actually see some benefit to not lynching.

To be honest I can't recall all the roles that we have in the game right now but there are much more roles for the innocents than the mafia. During the night, the only thing the mafia can really do is kill people. They have no Sorcerer to help. But the innocents have all sorts of roles that can help steer us towards lynching a mafia during the next day round.

I do agree that getting people to vote and talk and stuff is very important so I wouldn't want us all to agree to "not lynch" during the first day. But, if it turns out we can't come to some sort of agreement, I don't think it's a big deal if we don't lynch anyone. There are so many active innocent roles during the night that the nightime rounds are just as important to the innocents as they are to the mafia.
Back to top Go down
Termy
Star Burst
Star Burst
Termy

Goat

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Day 1   Mafia - Paradise - Day 1 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 2:03 pm

You are right Kenya!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mafia - Paradise - Day 1   Mafia - Paradise - Day 1 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mafia - Paradise - Day 1
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next