ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Reality Gaming Planet

HomeHomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ooh, the things I'd say if I DIDN'T have respect..

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jess
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Jess

Horse

Ooh, the things I'd say if I DIDN'T have respect.. Empty
PostSubject: Ooh, the things I'd say if I DIDN'T have respect..   Ooh, the things I'd say if I DIDN'T have respect.. EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 3:13 pm

K, so, first a bit of background on this Facebook message. My parents just bought a pool table. They spent $2600 on a pool table that my dad wanted. I, personally, thought that was a stupid decision, seeing as my dad is only at home and awake for 20 hours max. a week. He wakes up at 6am, goes to work, gets home at 8, has dinner, watches tv for a couple hours, then goes to bed. When will this $2600 pool table ever be used?

Meanwhile, my parents have yet to buy my book. Well, that's a lie... I sold two copies today, so I'm assuming it was from them, but at the time of this message, I hadn't sold a single copy. I was joking around with my parents about it all the night before, then I made my status saying "Jessica thinks it's odd that her parents just spent $2600 on a pool table, yet haven't spent $14.95 on their favourite daughter's first published book. Hopefully this status will shame them into making me my first sale."

Clearly that sounds like a joke, right? If I was serious, I wouldn't refer to myself as their favourite daughter and I wouldn't try to shame them on Facebook.

But, my aunt replied, and said "hmmm ... i kinda think you might have it the wrong way round ... after working for the last 32 years of his life one would have thought thats the least he deserves ... " THEN commented on a wall post my mom made (clarifying that it was $2600 WITH accessories) saying "errm again jess .. parents = respect ... they earn it .. they get to choose how they spend it .. and i believe a big chunk already came your way .. so how about a thanks or 2 for being a great mum and dad to ya ... as i believe they both work pretty hard and now its their turn ... yay for parents turns!!!!!! getting to spend their hard earnt cash on themselves .... woohoo .. "

I really want to bitch slap my aunt right now, to be perfectly honest.

If she's so big on respect and family, where the HELL was she most of my life? She was there on the day I was born, and I saw her all the time. She used to make me the coolest Christmas dresses and I was with her every holiday. Until she had a little fight with my dad and decided to pretend my whole family didn't exist. She moved back to England without saying goodbye to me. I had eight birthdays with her, and another ten birthdays without so much as a card. I tracked her down on Facebook when I was sixteen and tried to get back in touch with her, but she still refused to acknowledge me as her niece and then deleted me off of Facebook.

She only just started talking to my family again almost a year ago, yet she thinks she can tell me how to treat them? Maybe if she TALKED to me one time throughout those ten years, she'd understand my sense of humor and know I was joking around with them.

If I didn't have any respect for my family, that would be what I'd post on Facebook, not a joke about a pool table!

Last edited by Jess on Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jess
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Jess

Horse

PostSubject: Re: Ooh, the things I'd say if I DIDN'T have respect..   Ooh, the things I'd say if I DIDN'T have respect.. EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 3:15 pm

This is my reply to her. I decided to try to guilt her about her assumptions I'm selfish, rather than the fact she basically abandoned me.

"I have said thanks. There's a thanks to them in the front of my novel, for all of their support, since I wouldn't have managed to write it without them. THAT's why I wanted them to buy a copy. I wanted them to have proof of how my hard work paid off. Even when I was a little kid and told them I wanted to write a book someday, they always told me that I could do it. Since I finally DID do it, I thought they'd like to see."

Dishgoisrhogisjg, she made me really angry >.>
Back to top Go down
Deetster
Winner
Winner
Deetster

Horse

PostSubject: Re: Ooh, the things I'd say if I DIDN'T have respect..   Ooh, the things I'd say if I DIDN'T have respect.. EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 8:19 pm

So...you like got your book published and I'm the last to hear about it?

*storms out of the room*
Back to top Go down
http://copsandrobbers1.proboards.com/index.cgi
Deetster
Winner
Winner
Deetster

Horse

PostSubject: Re: Ooh, the things I'd say if I DIDN'T have respect..   Ooh, the things I'd say if I DIDN'T have respect.. EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 8:23 pm

PS, I totally feel what you're saying here. This happens to me too! I friggin hate it when people say things that they have no position to say regarding peoples level of respect, WHEN IT IS THEM who doesn't see them saying things is a token to their disrespect, and us NOT responding in an equally frank manner is a token to our respect despite their ways.
Back to top Go down
Deetster
Winner
Winner
Deetster

Horse

PostSubject: Re: Ooh, the things I'd say if I DIDN'T have respect..   Ooh, the things I'd say if I DIDN'T have respect.. EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 8:26 pm

PS, due to this recent development, I totally spent the last 10 minutes stalking your life.

I love Phillip Defranco too.
Back to top Go down
MoMo
MoMo

Pig

PostSubject: Re: Ooh, the things I'd say if I DIDN'T have respect..   Ooh, the things I'd say if I DIDN'T have respect.. EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 8:38 pm

Deetster wrote:
So...you like got your book published and I'm the last to hear about it?

*storms out of the room*

OH MY GOD THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I TOOK OUT OF THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How come you never posted about this??? Did I just miss it?????? I mean I know EVERYTHING that Sylvia ever says but not that your book was published!!!!
Back to top Go down
Jess
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Jess

Horse

PostSubject: Re: Ooh, the things I'd say if I DIDN'T have respect..   Ooh, the things I'd say if I DIDN'T have respect.. EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 8:32 am

Clearly you two need to stalk my Facebook and Twitter harder. I totally thought I posted here though! I guess not XD Go to Amazon and type in my name though and it totally comes up. I've made a $2.94 profit so far. Def going to be a bestseller. I can dream XD
Back to top Go down
Deetster
Winner
Winner
Deetster

Horse

PostSubject: Re: Ooh, the things I'd say if I DIDN'T have respect..   Ooh, the things I'd say if I DIDN'T have respect.. EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 7:32 pm

Yes, like I said, I've stalked your life and already found this.

Among other things...Nothing bad of course, lmfao.
Back to top Go down
Jess
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Jess

Horse

PostSubject: Re: Ooh, the things I'd say if I DIDN'T have respect..   Ooh, the things I'd say if I DIDN'T have respect.. EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 8:58 pm

If you found nothing bad, you clearly haven't stalked me hard enough Wink

I have a secret life.
Back to top Go down
Deetster
Winner
Winner
Deetster

Horse

PostSubject: Re: Ooh, the things I'd say if I DIDN'T have respect..   Ooh, the things I'd say if I DIDN'T have respect.. EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 9:19 pm

You think I don't know?

Ooh, the things I'd say if I DIDN'T have respect.. Dolphin

...Think again...
Back to top Go down
MoMo
MoMo

Pig

PostSubject: Re: Ooh, the things I'd say if I DIDN'T have respect..   Ooh, the things I'd say if I DIDN'T have respect.. EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 1:47 am

Called it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ooh, the things I'd say if I DIDN'T have respect..   Ooh, the things I'd say if I DIDN'T have respect.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Ooh, the things I'd say if I DIDN'T have respect..
Page 1 of 1