ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Reality Gaming Planet

HomeHomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Watching Barack poison our children.

Go down 
+5
Amanda Leigh
Staciekins
Jess
Joey
Doug
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Amanda Leigh
Admin
Admin
Amanda Leigh

Cat

Watching Barack poison our children. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching Barack poison our children.   Watching Barack poison our children. - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 11:10 am

I had 3 prescriptions.

My sinus medication was 4 bucks.
My Antibiotics were 4 bucks
The cough syrup with CODEINE (yummmmmmmy) was 12.50

The doctor visit was 120.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/vastfanatic
dj
dj

PostSubject: Re: Watching Barack poison our children.   Watching Barack poison our children. - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 11:19 am

Woah now Mandie don't start robotrippin' on us Razz
Back to top Go down
Amanda Leigh
Admin
Admin
Amanda Leigh

Cat

PostSubject: Re: Watching Barack poison our children.   Watching Barack poison our children. - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 11:40 am

lmao.... I've had the cough syrup for over a week now. And I admit, when I take it, I get a little loopy and..... irritable. HOWEVER, I have 6 doses left........ so its not like I have been having a field day with my meds. lol I have been taking them as needed.

The doctor also gave me some sample medications that I didn't have to pay for. I didnt have to pay for either of them, so I don't know how much they would have cost me had I had to pay for them. But I doubt they would have been expensive.

In all, Im on 5 different meds. Plus my usual mucinex, nyquil and sudafed. Watching Barack poison our children. - Page 2 591397
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/vastfanatic
Staciekins
Star Ruby
Star Ruby
Staciekins

Horse

PostSubject: Re: Watching Barack poison our children.   Watching Barack poison our children. - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 8:00 pm

Boooo Obama!
Boooo!!!
Back to top Go down
MoMo
MoMo

Pig

PostSubject: Re: Watching Barack poison our children.   Watching Barack poison our children. - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 11:17 pm

djqwiksilver wrote:
All I know is I have a prescription that costs me $15/refill, without insurance it would be more like $275 - and that's not even the most expensive one I could be prescribed, so...yeah.

I had the inside scoop on what Amanda's visits cost, HAHAHA! That why I said just $60 which really isn't a savings once you factor in health care itself. However, we just have to cross our fingers that she never breaks an arm...and not just because that would be horrible anyway, HAHA!

But yeah, if you have a chronic illness health insurance is a necessity because when you're getting prescriptions refilled every month that cost like $100 and factor in frequent visits to the doctors, that all adds up. Without that situation not having it is a viable option...so long as nothing serious happens to you suddenly...because then you're screwed.

My old roommate Manda broke her hip (she had sex too hard...I'm just putting it out there...that's the reason...let's all laugh about that...I know I did) and she's a waitress, has no insurance since they don't offer it, and couldn't work for 3 weeks because she can't wait tables on a broken hip, so she wasn't getting paid, and had to pay for medical bills on top of it. That was last October and she's still recovering from the financial situation of it. If her restaurant was forced to offer her healthcare then she wouldn't have had that problem because she would have been covered, and still could have gotten paid a stipend through extended disability leave. I had a similar problem over the summer where I couldn't be in work for 2 weeks and had a lot of surgeries to undergo, it cost me like $400 total for all that and hospital stay, plus I was still being paid though wasn't able to go to work...so it wasn't a big deal. That's just the benefit of having it in the first place...but it is expensive...and anything to get the cost of health insurance down and make it more regulated and readily available to everyone that needs it is a good thing.

BUT...it should always be a choice to have it or not to have it. It's stupid that congress had to tack that on to Obama's reform proposal just to make it more bi-partason so that big buisiness supporters wouldn't throw a shit fit. Because if everyone is forced to get health care, well, they won't see such a loss in business from those that leave their services for the more affordable government options.

I hope I'm not offending anyone, I really see both sides here, I just think it's a good thing to provide health care affordably to those who want it. Completely socialized healthcare would be the best though. BUT ANYWAY...in closing. I know it was supposed to be a joke...but I really would make my kid pay for the cost of his doctor's visit out of his allowance...how else is he going to learn not to fall off that bike?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watching Barack poison our children.   Watching Barack poison our children. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Watching Barack poison our children.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2