ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Reality Gaming Planet

HomeHomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Getting a bit sick of my school newspaper...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jess
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Jess

Horse

Getting a bit sick of my school newspaper... Empty
PostSubject: Getting a bit sick of my school newspaper...   Getting a bit sick of my school newspaper... EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 6:23 am

My university's newspaper is seriously the most ridiculous thing EVER!

I bring this up, because I was just reading it, and I actually came across this paragraph:

Quote :
Phone sex is best executed when one person tells the other what they like done to them by the other person. Include your vibrator or just manually masturbate; moaning is always helpful, but being focused is important. Laughing can ruin a good phone sex session. “If you’re going to have phone sex you might as well do it over Skype so you can see something.…It’s nice to see him getting turned on. I do a strip tease, I have a vibrator and we both masturbate at the same time.”- Anonymous

This newspaper is just getting out of hand. A couple weeks ago, there was an article titled "Girls Like Lots of Meaningless Sex Too!" and talked about how most girls who say they want a meaningful relationship are lying. And last year, the in depth article one week was called "The Gentleman's Guide to Getting Laid at Laurier" and was basically saying how easy it was to have sex, due to all the girls here being easy. Not to mention the coupons they include each week for discounts at one of the several "Adult Novelty Stores" in the area (there are four within a 10 minute walk of the school).

Sexual stuff aside though, they even try to do "Exposes" or something, and basically screw over various campus clubs. There's something called Charity Ball, which obviously holds a ball for charity. But a reporter took their expenses form and did a report on how no one should support them anymore due to some of the numbers they saw. Then, last month, the club I help run (Laurier Students for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) was targeted. The guy told us he was doing an anti-dissection article and wanted our opinion. Ends up he was writing a pro-dissection article, and made fun of us in the article, under the title "Lies and Misconceptions!"

Anyways, I think this rant is about done... I just really think a newspaper for an academic establishment should have a bit more class than this.
Back to top Go down
dj
dj

PostSubject: Re: Getting a bit sick of my school newspaper...   Getting a bit sick of my school newspaper... EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 10:07 am

Write an op-ed about how much they suck! And how they're journalistic practices are unprofessional and unethical!
Back to top Go down
dj
dj

PostSubject: Re: Getting a bit sick of my school newspaper...   Getting a bit sick of my school newspaper... EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 10:08 am

Sounds to me like the whole sex spin is them being Cosmo mag
Back to top Go down
Doug
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Doug

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Getting a bit sick of my school newspaper...   Getting a bit sick of my school newspaper... EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 1:33 pm

Yeah, write them something back. I've done it, because our school newspaper is absolutely awful. There is almost nothing of substance. It's not full of sex, but the writing is just plain terrible. If you write a good article, they'll probably print it. They're supposed to eat controversy and argument up. They should want to be told what they're doing wrong so that other people will begin to talk about it and debate. Then again, if they're printing the stuff you've posted, they may just not give a shit...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/profile.php?ref=name&
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting a bit sick of my school newspaper...   Getting a bit sick of my school newspaper... Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting a bit sick of my school newspaper...
Page 1 of 1