ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Reality Gaming Planet

HomeHomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FINAL TRIBAL COUNCIL (Closing Statements)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Doug
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Doug

Dragon

FINAL TRIBAL COUNCIL (Closing Statements) Empty
PostSubject: FINAL TRIBAL COUNCIL (Closing Statements)   FINAL TRIBAL COUNCIL (Closing Statements) EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 9:02 pm

Alright, well it appears that everyone has had the chance to ask, be heard, and get answers, so Brant, Kenya, you may post closing statements in this thread whenever you're ready. Once both of you have made your closing statements, this Final Tribal Council process will conclude. All that will be left is the Final Votes, episodes, and with time, the announcement of our winner.

Brant, Kenya, feel free to make closing statements if you'd like to.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/profile.php?ref=name&
Brant
Winner
Winner

PostSubject: Re: FINAL TRIBAL COUNCIL (Closing Statements)   FINAL TRIBAL COUNCIL (Closing Statements) EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 10:38 pm

Episodes? Surprised Sweet.

Anyway, this is it. My last chance to fill in final details and argue why I deserve this.

Based on all of your questions and comments, there are two potential misconceptions in the following paragraphs that I want to make completely clear before concluding.

First, I want to dispute the claim that I got here through winning challenges and not because of a social/strategic game. I strongly disagree with that. Primarily, I got here by coming up with a strategy to get to the final 2, and I made an effort to talk to the other players, except for Kyle who I was only with a single round. I talked to people whether I wanted to work with them or not, quite frequently with most. I also genuinely enjoyed talking to some people and would randomly talk non-game with them for hours. Sure, I won a lot of challenges, but my main emphasis for the challenges was just making sure that an ally won and the glass elevator prize was controlled. The one round where I felt like I wasn't completely safe was final 5 if Sadie won since Bryan and Cam had glass-elevator prizes and Kenya didn't have any past-votes, so I invested my day in it and won it. If not, I had a backup plan that may have worked. But if my potential vulnerability and dependency on a challenge there is considered a weakness, I feel like the same thing applies to Kenya who said she needed that first tribe swap immunity to help her game (which I also won to keep a Hornswoggler from going to the Glass Elevator), and she needed to make sure Cam didn't win final 3 immunity to guarantee final 2. Ultimately, I just worked hard in the challenges, but I certainly don't consider that the reason why I got to the end of the game or something that should be considered a weakness in my social/strategic game.

Did I make all the decisions and completely control the game? No, definitely not. No one can completely control a game. Even with multiple alliances, it doesn't even necessarily make you safer. And to be fair, most of the post-merge decisions just involved the order which the Hornswoggler Tribe members went home, which could have went multiple ways achieving this same final 4 and giving me the same path to the final 2 with the same jury perception. I do feel like post-merge I'm underrated because by talking to Cam and Kenya and comparing what they said with what rest of the cast told me, I was in a position where I was getting the most information and could provide feedback to influence the votes or strategy if I needed to, sometimes even over-emphasizing or under-emphasizing points to Cam and Kenya that the other had told me to get certain opinions and reactions. When Cam and Kenya had their disagreement regarding Deetster staying, I was there to offer support for each of them and their opinions. So I made it here without making "final #" deals with everyone, factoring into effect that there was no reason for me to do that and it would just make me look bad later. Besides Pete, who I wasn't able to save due to not having enough members of Snozzwanger around to come up with a different plan, all of the votes/strategic plans were favorable to me, so I didn't see any reason to change them and unnecessarily stick out. If stories weren't matching and I sensed Cam and/or Kenya had other plans, I could use what they were telling me to influence Cory or Deet with evidence to convince them that they were being played, and I was in a good spot because if there was an outcast twist or surprise glass elevator twist, outcasts/blindsided players would be more upset with Cam and Kenya than me. It allowed me to appear more under the radar as a type of floater when in essence, I was a very secure, centered player for the whole game. And I liked it that way. The rounds I was vulnerable and Cam and Kenya had the option to oust me, I made sure that I got closer to them so that they did not. There are plenty of "I could have taken you out when..." or other "What if..." scenarios, but the fact is, we both made it to the end, and we only had a single vote apiece that we got from each other or our allies at final 5 and final 4 that were not even intended to take each other out.

---

So with those overly long points made, I'll just say that I'm content with the way that I played this game and balanced strategy, social skills, and challenges. I feel like I've thought the game through, worked very hard to execute the best strategy I could think of to get my original alliance to the final 4 and then get to the final 2 by convincing Cam it was in his best interest to help me split Bryan/Kenya so I'd make the final 3 with my two closest allies who would most likely take me to the final 2. I believe that I'm deserving to win that unlimited supply of chocolate, and I would VERY MUCH like you to vote for me to win. Smile But I'm not going to try to influence you to vote based on some criteria favorable to me because every juror has the right to vote however they want based on whatever criteria that they choose, and I'll give you that respect.

Hopefully all of you got some fun out of this game. Thank you, and may your days be filled with chocolate.
Back to top Go down
Kenya
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Kenya

Tiger

PostSubject: Re: FINAL TRIBAL COUNCIL (Closing Statements)   FINAL TRIBAL COUNCIL (Closing Statements) EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 2:26 pm

Sorry about the delay.. been really tired from my massive days in a row of work but I am finally here and ready to roll.

I feel that I worked really hard in this game and I know that some may feel I wasn't as social as I feel that I was, but I was as social as I could be with the lack of time that I had to be online. I was social with those I needed to be social with for sure, as well as not sucking up for jury votes to those that I knew I didn't really need in my game. I made sure that I was safe no matter what. I think the only mistake I made was over looking the fact that Cam was being the most honest with me. If I had realized that sooner, I would have worked on him harder instead of just letting him go, which could have resulted in him taking Brant to the final 2 if he won the final challenge.

I feel that was the only time in the game I was not 100% safe. Final 3. Otherwise I was completely safe, I didn't NEED immunity the round that I got it, but I wanted it so I could be more aggressive in my manipulating and not worry about backlash, if I did not win it. I still would have went about the deals that I made for Cam and me, but I would have did it in a safer manner. I also didn't want to win most of the individual immunities because I didn't want that target on my back of being a challenge threat. If you notice, I didn't do well in just about all the challenges, that was on purpose, because I didn't want that target. Not to mention I did not need to win them. I could have worked hard to win a few of them if I wanted to. But I just made it look like I was giving an effort in them and then I was like okay now it looks like I tried and then I went and did something else.

I know that some people might be annoyed with me whether it was backstabbing them or because I didn't actually vote for them. But I did all the moves I needed to do, no matter the situation. To get me to where I am now. Which also includes a huge argument that Brant and I had before the final 3 challenge.. without that argument.. without all the emotions.. he very well may have taken Cam to the final 2. But I made sure there was no way he wouldn't take me. Yes all the emotions and feelings and all I was saying was 100% true. But I could have also given up and just closed off and been like WHATEVER. But I still wanted to go to the end, so I worked hard that round to cement it.

I would like everyone to vote who they think deserves to own this amazing chocolate factory. I don't think they should vote against someone because they are mad at them. I know that Brant and I both have people that are slightly mad at us, I just want you all to have an open mind and vote for you you think deserves to win over all. Not for who you are mad at less.

I just want to quickly address the jury one last time..

Cam- I'm so happy I got to play this game with you, our friendship got stronger and I know it will continue to get stronger outside this game. You are awesome <3 <3 <3.

Bryan- You and I have always been so close and we will continue to be that way. It sucks that you weren't that into this game, but we still had fun when we did talk and strategize. <3 <3 <3.

Sadie- I know that you and I barely spoke in this game, but I wasn't going to be fake with you at all. I feel you are a good person and I do like you and I do hope we can get to know each other better outside this game.

Deester- I'm so glad to be over that not trusting you bullshit. I loved talking strategies with you and I really wish we started out on the same tribe because things would have been so different. You are awesome and I have always loved arguing with you LOL! <3 <3 <3 I know we'll always be friends Smile.

Cory- I'm so glad that we have been able to over come our differences and that this game has led to a possible friendship in the future.

Pete- You really are awesome. I have enjoyed all the conversations that we have had and I hope to have more in the future and finally get to know you better. You are a great person though. With a kind heart.

Kyle- Honestly man.. I don't really know you.. I don't even know if we even talked in this game. So I don't really have much of an opinion of you.

Thanks everyone for your time and for a great gaming experience! Let's all eat chocolate and be merry! Smile
Back to top Go down
Doug
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Doug

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: FINAL TRIBAL COUNCIL (Closing Statements)   FINAL TRIBAL COUNCIL (Closing Statements) EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 9:13 pm

Alrighty, everyone! Don't forget to vote! Please have them in soon so we can get this all tied up as soon as possible! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/profile.php?ref=name&
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FINAL TRIBAL COUNCIL (Closing Statements)   FINAL TRIBAL COUNCIL (Closing Statements) Empty

Back to top Go down

FINAL TRIBAL COUNCIL (Closing Statements)
Page 1 of 1