ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Reality Gaming Planet

HomeHomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

life troubles..

Go down 
+2
Doug
Niki
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Niki
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Niki

Dragon

life troubles.. Empty
PostSubject: life troubles..   life troubles.. EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 10:29 am

Hey guys. I could use someone to talk to so I thought I'd ramble here. You all saw me come back and post a few weeks ago. Since then my life has been a huge roller coaster.

I went to visit my boyfriend the weekend of June 22nd. We ended up going to the Bamboozle road show together. To make a long story short, on the way home from that, I was almost home and I noticed a cop car pulled over in the emergency lane. There were only two other cars on the highway at that time. I was in the right lane, the others in the left already. This was only the fourth time I'd even driven on the highway. I finally got over my fear after four years of avoiding highways. This was the first time I'd driven at night. It was very dark and foggy. Needless to say I was in the right lane going the speed limit. So, the cop car pulls out behind me and follows me till I take my exit which was very close. I had no idea they were after me cuz they didn't pull up beside me when I was at stop signs etc (and they had plenty of room cuz noone else was on the road), and they didn't yell to pull over, etc. So finally they spike my tires and to make a long story short they arrest me for "not pulling over." I had no idea what I even did wrong!! Turns out there is a new law that you have to pull into the left lane ANY time a cop is in the emergency lane. I was released on bail at 4 am. It was ridiculous!!!

***someone is here, i will continue my story later.. ***
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/XmypaperheartXX
Doug
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Doug

Dragon

life troubles.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: life troubles..   life troubles.. EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 11:15 am

Did they put their lights on while they were behind you?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/profile.php?ref=name&
Kenya
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Kenya

Tiger

life troubles.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: life troubles..   life troubles.. EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 2:51 pm

OMG that's so lame.. like wtf..
Back to top Go down
MoMo
MoMo

Pig

life troubles.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: life troubles..   life troubles.. EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 4:10 pm

God, that sucks, that's a really ridiculous story!!!

And the part about someone being htere and you finishing later has me both worried and intrigued.
Back to top Go down
Niki
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Niki

Dragon

life troubles.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: life troubles..   life troubles.. EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 5:53 pm

okay sorry my friend stopped by earlier so i had to go..

they had regular headlights on but i didn't see the cylinder on the top of the car that spins red/blue. they put their siren on but i figured they had it on cuz they were heading to a crime scene or something. the cops themselves even admitted they made a mistake later and felt bad cuz i was honestly just an innocent 22 yearold girl who doesn't even smoke or drink or anything let alone try to run from the cops. i overheard the two cops talking outside saying they wished they could throw the whole thing out but how they couldnt cuz they'd already written it up and such. i ended up being released at 4 am after they took me into custody at almost 1. it was ridiculous how long i had to sit there and wait for them to finish their paperwork and such before my dad could take me home. when they pulled me over they pulled a gun on me.. i freaked out and sobbed cuz i had no idea i even did anything wrong!! the place they spiked my tires was near a brook so if i had been going any faster my car would have ended up in it. it was all just sloppy police work..

next day i have to go to court. they told me it'd take from around 9 to 10:30 am. well.. i was there for five hours listening to these guys being charged with rape and child molestation, drugs, etc.. atleast five had gone to my high school. man was THAT weird. once they finally get to me they hand me a paper that says my likely "punishment" or whatever they call it would be a year in jail or a 500 dollar fine. it also said i had two criminal offences and a record!!! i nearly crapped my pants. my mom was with me.. finally i got a chance to talk to the DA and we explained that i had no record and had never even gotten a speeding ticket.. turns out all this time they had me mixed up with someone else. idiot cop!! so after a lot of frustration i got my charges dismissed but still had to pay a $150 fine cuz technically i did break this new law. the part that sucks though is the fact that i had to pay $700 between getting new tires and my car towed. my scholarships expired this year so i also have college to pay for. needless to say this hasn't been easy. i'm working as much as i can but that on it's own is stressful cuz my boss is a NUT. women yelled at me for helping a handicapped women up a hill because it took precious time away from watering the flowers (i work at a nursery, and this woman asked me to help her.. she was a stroke victim for goodness sake!!).

anyway, my family, boyfriend and closer friends have been extremely supportive, but this has been hard on me cuz now my mom won't let me drive long distances (IE to see my boyfriend off cape cod) until atleast august because she's worried about me, and my finances are now in a pickle. plus they decided to put me in the paper and on the radio.. of course without my REAL story being told. seems all people care about is the drama and the juicy story and don't care how people feel. my dad talked to our lawyer and he said the cop was a state cop so i'd be suing the government and it would cost me atleast $5000 for a lawyer in this case and he only does small claims court. so all i can do now is tell my story and work my ass off.

there is my story.
Back to top Go down
MoMo
MoMo

Pig

life troubles.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: life troubles..   life troubles.. EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 6:02 pm

That really blows Niki, I'm sorry to hear all of that. That's ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Pete
Host
Host
Pete

Buffalo

life troubles.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: life troubles..   life troubles.. EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 6:30 pm

that sucks Niki, it sounds like a nightmare
Back to top Go down
Amanda Leigh
Admin
Admin
Amanda Leigh

Cat

life troubles.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: life troubles..   life troubles.. EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 4:13 pm

OMG Niki, I am so sorry to hear that, ..... You poor thing. Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/vastfanatic
Kenya
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Kenya

Tiger

life troubles.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: life troubles..   life troubles.. EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 3:35 am

OMG that is crazy, so sorry to hear that, why do people get away with shit like that.. it's just not fair.
Back to top Go down
Niki
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Niki

Dragon

life troubles.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: life troubles..   life troubles.. EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 1:20 pm

Thanks guys.

Since then I was driving home in the daytime and a cop was in the emergency lane (exact same spot ironically too). So obviously I pull over this time, but the car in front of me doesn't. And they don't do jack shit. Pissed me off. My mom said they wanted to pull me over cuz I was driving at night and more drunks are out at night. But still, either pull EVERYONE over or NOONE. Can't pick and choose.

Now finally they've posted signs everywhere with the new law. But you'd think that they could've done it sooner so people would actually be aware of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

life troubles.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: life troubles..   life troubles.. Empty

Back to top Go down

life troubles..
Page 1 of 1