ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Reality Gaming Planet

HomeHomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Now Reading 101

Go down 
+9
Brant
Kenya
Doggerz
Sadie Jane
dj
Pete
Doug
Jordan
MoMo
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
dj
dj

Now Reading 101 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now Reading 101   Now Reading 101 - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 11:23 am

Julie and Julia

and

A Thousand Splendid Suns.

I still have that gift card, I'm just not sure what I want to use it on yet. These two books were around my house (gifts to my parents who don't read) so I figured I'd give them a shot.

Julie & Julia...idk...the tone seems different than the movie. I can't see Amy Adams reading any of this aloud as narrator for the film.
Back to top Go down
Kenya
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Kenya

Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Now Reading 101   Now Reading 101 - Page 3 EmptySat May 28, 2011 12:34 pm

I've been reading John Sandford's prey books.. read one in the middle of his series LOL and now I'm reading the very first one.. "Rules of Prey" it's pretty good, I'm enjoying it!
Back to top Go down
Pete
Host
Host
Pete

Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Now Reading 101   Now Reading 101 - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 11:02 pm

I am currently on the second book in a trilogy of books called Midnighters by Scott Westerfeld. I've read the series a few years back and really liked it so I decided to reread it in between new series since I've been a bit busy I don't like to get sucked into a new series cause I don't stop reading until I've finished lmao.
Back to top Go down
Doug
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Doug

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Now Reading 101   Now Reading 101 - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 8:39 am

Thinner by Richard Bachman (Stephen King)

Not bad. Not great. Just a book.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/profile.php?ref=name&
Henry
Arbiter
Arbiter
Henry

Pig

PostSubject: Re: Now Reading 101   Now Reading 101 - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 3:01 am

Somewhat similar to Doug there, I am reading Cell, by Stephen King. Not because I thought it was amazing or anything, but I'd finished The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest, and needed something to read.

It was lying around, and I realized I never had read it.
Back to top Go down
Doug
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Doug

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Now Reading 101   Now Reading 101 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 2:37 pm

Due to being a terrible library patron, I'm currently in the middle of three books:

1. Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk - This is one I'm actually in the middle of reading. It's strange, but that's to be expected with Mr. Palahniuk. Every time I read one of his books, I wonder if I'm really enjoying myself or not... which is probably exactly what he wants.

2. Redwall by Brian Jacques - I started reading this one day when I was bored at the library over Spring Break, but I didn't take it out, because 1) I wasn't going to be able to return it, and 2) I was certain the library here at school would have it. Well, they didn't (because they're the worst library ever), so I had to put it on hold until I could get it in the mail.

3. Memory of Earth by Orson Scott Card - OSC may be a total asswipe, but he's a good storyteller, so I picked this up from the school library; unfortunately, I kept it too long and had to return it before I could finish. So like Redwall, I ordered it online and just got it in.

Can't wait to finish em all.
Back to top Go down
Pete
Host
Host
Pete

Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Now Reading 101   Now Reading 101 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 4:49 pm

I read Redwall years ago. Its a part of a huge series and I've always wanted to read all of it but never have. Someday I might reread it and read the others as well.

I'm currently reading The Kane Chronicles: The Serpents Shadow. It is good and I like it but I want to finish it because I just got the Game of Thrones book from the library and really want to read that as well, though they are both from the library so I won't stop one to read the other.
Back to top Go down
Doug
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Doug

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Now Reading 101   Now Reading 101 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 6:38 pm

The series is part of the reason I'm finally getting around to reading it. I read Pearls of Lutra and I think Mattameo a long time ago, so this time I'm just gonna start with the first and truck through best I can. I remember really enjoying them, and I enjoyed what I'd gotten through this time around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Now Reading 101   Now Reading 101 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Now Reading 101
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3