ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Reality Gaming Planet

HomeHomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Survivor Marquesas

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete
Host
Host
Pete

Buffalo

Survivor Marquesas Empty
PostSubject: Survivor Marquesas   Survivor Marquesas EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 2:41 pm

I just wanted to post my thoughts on this season. For the last week and a half-two weeks I've been rewatching the season and just finished watching the episode that Zoe was voted out and a lot of what I remembered I see I had a wrong perception off and mistook things (as commented on in other topics) so here is my thoughts on some of the players and what has changed and what hasn't.

Vecepia ~ I hated that she won originally, and one of the main reasons I never rewatched this season was because of her (granted, I haven't rewatched most seasons). Upon rewatching, I'm not crazy about her but do respect her and am glad she won over Neleh, as I feel had it turned out the way I originally wanted we would have had an even worse winner.

Neleh ~ used to be a favorite. Why I don't know, she's not bad but she's a bit stupid in the way she played the game, and like she said herself she didn't really play the game until the episode John was voted out.

Kathy ~ I think I am liking Kathy more and more, she truly is one of the best to play this game ever, I think she is way too underrated. She was emotional at times sure but she played and tried to make the best of everything she could, and I respect that.

Paschal ~ like Neleh, I don't like him as much, and the comparison of him to Dan from this past season I can completely agree with for the most part, granted I think Paschal was more likable, he didn't play the game til the merge and made some foolish choices. How he was even in the running to return to All Stars I don't understand, thankfully he didn't make it on.

Sean ~ probably the one who my opinion has changed the most, at the same time it hasn't. I sorta like him now but still have a problem with some comments he has made throughout the season. I earlier made a comment that I felt like everything he said had something to do with Race, and it did, especially in the first half of the game, he made a lot of comments where race was the basis for his comment. I have a problem with that because it is such a problem with todays society that race comes up anytime it has to do with someone who isn't white. We are all human and what has happened in the past should not affect today anymore, shouldn't be forgotten, sure, but it shouldn't affect as much as it does today and Sean just added to it, which is why it bothered me. (I hope what I said here makes sense lol). Anyways, yeah he does joke a lot and actually does play the game, I like him a little now

Robert (The General) ~ the person who I probably dislike the most from this season now. The way he acted after John was voted out was just pathetic, he was a sore loser and the way he treated Neleh and Paschal like how dare they not trusts him was just wrong considering the way he was acting prior to that.

Tammy ~ I respect Tammy a lot more than I did before. She played hard, she did get way too cocky which is why she deservedly lost. I wish she had come back though

Zoe ~ what the hell was wrong with her. I just don't understand why she played the way she played. They didn't show enough of her so we could understand why she did what she did. Nothing made sense with her.

John ~ so glad he lost. I actually like him though, wish he'd come back too, see if he learned from his mistakes.

Boston Rob ~ he was foolish this season, still like him though, always have, but he lost because of how in your face he was to everyone. Glad he lost the way he did cause it set him up to return in All Stars which is where he really made his name I think.

Gina ~ they need to do a second chance season and bring her back, I really like her, though I don't know if I missed something but I don't understand why she hated Boston Rob as much as she did, as she seemed to hate him more than Sean and Vee, did I miss something?

Gabe ~ I liked him and think them voting him out the way they did was stupid, but he didn't exactly help his case either.

Sarah ~ she was out of her element and if it wasn't for Boston Rob she would have gone a lot sooner, too bad too cause I would have rather seen more of Peter than her lol

Hunter ~ he annoyed me originally but this time I actually respected him a little more. Do think voting him out was stupid but I didn't really miss him either.

Patricia + Peter ~ merging these two cause I really have no opinion on either. They are forgettable and annoying. Glad they went early.

The first four that went was perfect, had Zoe and The General gone before merge, then I would have for the most part liked the top 10 a lot more.
Back to top Go down
Virtuanno
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
Virtuanno

Survivor Marquesas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survivor Marquesas   Survivor Marquesas EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 12:37 am

Vecepia is probably one of the greatest winners ever. In fact, Sandra has stated that Vee is the only person that she is actually scared of going up against. I don't blame her. Vecepia invented the strategy that Sandra uses, and she has the physical ability to pull off an immunity win when she needed to.

I think Sean's racial comments are very exaggerated by fans, and he only made such comments at the final five because he was calling it like it was. In a game like Survivor, any division that is apparent within a tribe can be seen as threatening, for instance, in Palau, Stephenie was incredibly worried about going up against James, Ibrehem and Bobby Jon with 4 members left on Ulong, because all three of them were southern men.

I actually really like Sean. I think he or John deserved a spot in All-Stars over Boston Rob. Unfortunately, ASS casting was all about politics.

I also disagree emphatically with your assessment of Hunter's departure. I think it was executed perfectly by Sean and Rob. I liked Hunter, but it was much more important to have him leave than for the Maraamu alliance to vote out one of their own members.

I really have no idea why people still think that Hunter's departure was too early.

Also, my favourite things about Marquesas were the Maraamu morning show and Sean and Paschal's reward.
Back to top Go down
Pete
Host
Host
Pete

Buffalo

Survivor Marquesas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survivor Marquesas   Survivor Marquesas EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 10:05 am

Regarding the race thing with Sean, I'm not talking about the final 5 because I haven't even gotten there yet. He used race when he and Vee were the first two elimiinated in the final 9 challenge (where they cut the coconuts). He made racial comments regarding him being an outsider and John being gay so they made that connection. Not all comments were bad but a lot of it was race related. He made a similar comment pretty much every single episode. Not all were blatant but they were there.
Regardless I don't mind him as much as before, and will definitely pay closer attention to the final 5 episode once I get there.

I think Sandra is the greatest winner and I don't think Vee has any prayer of going far a second time, but maybe I have the wrong impression, that is just my opinion on that. Honestly would be interested to see her return and see what happened.

and Hunter's elimination was executed perfectly, I'm not saying anything against that, but I think had they voted Sarah out, they would have fared a lot better after the switch, however I think it worked out perfectly and I was happy to see him go early. I don't think I would have wanted him to last longer, or to return ever either.

The people I would want to see again from this season are: Vee, Neleh, Kathy, Sean, Tammy, John, & Gina

I would also say Boston Rob but as they are overkilling him on the show with his fourth time this coming season I can't say I want to see him again, had they waited another 10 seasons that would have been cool but they didn't sadly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Survivor Marquesas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survivor Marquesas   Survivor Marquesas Empty

Back to top Go down

Survivor Marquesas
Page 1 of 1