ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Reality Gaming Planet

HomeHomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Winter Is Coming

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MoMo
MoMo

Pig

Winter Is Coming Empty
PostSubject: Winter Is Coming   Winter Is Coming EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 9:01 pm

Most exciting thing about the True Blood premier???

It was also featuring the teaser for what will most likely be the greatest show ever made.

I know almost none of you have ever read these books because you're too busy with children's books but man...I've been excited for this show since I first heard about it 2 years ago and it's not going to even be on until next year...but this goddamn teaser has my heart racing...
Back to top Go down
RYAN!
Stardust
Stardust
RYAN!

Horse

Winter Is Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Is Coming   Winter Is Coming EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 10:19 pm

Looks interesting, though I have no idea what it's about. Although I guess that's what a teaser is for, get me interested and looking for the subject matter. Also, HBO shows are generally love.
Back to top Go down
MoMo
MoMo

Pig

Winter Is Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Is Coming   Winter Is Coming EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 10:24 pm

It's based on the book series A Song Of Ice And Fire. It's a fantasy series but there is very little 'fantasy' about it except for the fact that it's in a world that doesn't exist (Westeros) but really it's like a mideval political drama.

It starts off with the Stark family (there are seven main powerful families) and the king (Robert Baratheon) is coming to visit, the hand of the king (your basic 'right hand man' role) has died and Robert is coming to presumably offer the role to Eddard Stark (the head of the Stark family). And you can kind of see how all of this will go from there. There are a LOT of other things going on but without giving away the plot of the entire first episode (yes, I know exactly where the first episode ends, not kidding, the script is online)...that's the set up.

It's so amazing, so so so amazing. I don't think I've ever been obsessed with anything as much as I'm obsessed with it. The only good thing my roommate's girlfriend ever did was introduce us to the series.
Back to top Go down
RYAN!
Stardust
Stardust
RYAN!

Horse

Winter Is Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Is Coming   Winter Is Coming EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 10:28 pm

Ohhh I like. I went to the IMDb page as well. Seems very interesting.
Back to top Go down
MoMo
MoMo

Pig

Winter Is Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Is Coming   Winter Is Coming EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 10:29 pm

And yes...it is a fantasy...there 'used' to be magic and dragons...a whole portion of the plot revolves around the family that used to be the rulers of Westeros. The history is that they used to have pet dragons and that's how they ruled but dragons are extinct now.

Plus there is a whole other plot involving "The Wall" which is a giant wall made of ice in the north of Westeros. It was built to keep The King Beyond The Wall and his forces out of Westeros but most people believe this is just a legend...and the legend goes that the wildlings that live behind the wall are shapeshifters, Wargs, or magic users of some kind...plus people say when you die beyond the wall the Weights (undead frozen murder people) will take you and turn you into one of them.

All of that is legend and "doesn't exist" ... but the series isn't finished yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Winter Is Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Is Coming   Winter Is Coming Empty

Back to top Go down

Winter Is Coming
Page 1 of 1