ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Reality Gaming Planet

HomeHomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

POSITIVITY

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jess
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Jess

Horse

POSITIVITY Empty
PostSubject: POSITIVITY   POSITIVITY EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 2:45 am

So, lately (aka a few months, but even more so lately), I've been a downer. Ryan and I just sit on MSN and complain to each other about life in general. I went to the bookstore to buy a couple books, but decided to look through the self-help section, just because I actually do love self-help books, hahaha. The first book my eyes landed on was The Law of Attraction, Plain and Simple: Create the Extraordinary Life That You Deserve. So I bought it.

And it's actually really good. It's about how when you think negative things, you put out negative energy, and therefore attract negative people and events. There are 11 steps in this book to start thinking only positive things, and therefore attracting positive people and positive events. Some of the tips are really simple too, such as instead of thinking about what you DON'T want (ie. I don't want to be in debt), you think of what you DO want (ie. I want money to come easily to me). It's still the same idea, so it's not like you are living in ignorance, but you think the positive counterpart of what you're thinking.

Anyways, in... October? Maybe early November. But ya, I went on a date with this guy, and the date just didn't really end up happening, hahaha. We met at Second Cup on campus, and immediately ran into a bunch of people we knew, and stopped to talk.... for 2 hours. End of date.

After that, we didn't go out again, because I kept avoiding it. Because I was a DOWNER! He'd ask me to hang out, and I'd say I was busy or too tired or sick, etc. etc. etc. I kept complaining about being single, but then I realized (with Ryan's help, when he said I need to be more outgoing and proactive in looking for a relationship), that I had no reason to actually complain, since I avoided all opportunities, lmao.

But despite only having this book for a few days now, I've been feeling the difference. I've been thinking differently and feeling happier. And one thing the book touches on is relationships, which made me think back. And honestly, I don't have the SLIGHTEST clue why I didn't want to go out with him again. There literally wasn't one reason.

So today, my new positive self decided to ask him out, and now we have a date on Tuesday Razz Let's hope this positivity lasts! hahaha
Back to top Go down
Trevor
Star Burst
Star Burst
Trevor

Snake

POSITIVITY Empty
PostSubject: Re: POSITIVITY   POSITIVITY EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 1:37 pm

awww i'll have to check the book out. I've been doing through very similar things and have needed a book or something to kick my ass in gear. good luck with your hot date on tuesday! :~)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/warped.rationale
Doug
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Doug

Dragon

POSITIVITY Empty
PostSubject: Re: POSITIVITY   POSITIVITY EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 8:28 pm

Cool! I'd love to check this out and flip through it a little bit. I've never actually read a self-help book. It sounds really interesting though, whether it works or not (thought it seems that it is Smile )
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/profile.php?ref=name&
Amanda Leigh
Admin
Admin
Amanda Leigh

Cat

POSITIVITY Empty
PostSubject: Re: POSITIVITY   POSITIVITY EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 2:25 pm

several years ago it seemed I was depressed all the time. Then I went back to school... made straight a's in all my classes. Teachers liked me, students liked me, I even got a job at the college for a year and a half. I have been out of school now since May.... and I'm home, every day, by myself. I think the four years at home by myself from 2002 - 2006 and not having much interaction with real people is what depressed me. Here I am again... at home by myself, every day. I do feel much happier than I did during those dark years, but I miss feeling good about myself. Which is one of the reasons I am hoping to go back to school this fall. Studying was a bitch, I admit, but it really wasn't THAT bad. I studied soooooo much when I went to school and I had to memorize everything and learn things..... I actually remember A LOT from my geology class. When things happen around the world..... like the earthquake in Haiti, I actually understand how and why it happened. Knowledge empowers me a little. ..... Learning... cured my depression but if I dont find things to do soon... I'm afraid I'll be headed back down a path I don't want to take. Being home by myself all the time is not good. I wish there were more people in the world that I like to hang out with. but almost everyone I know sucks. Or maybe Im just a snob. ..... ? I dont come online a whole lot to chat with my friends anymore because I dont really have a lot to say. I'm a great listener and people love to chat with me, but I think that's because Im an airhead and it makes people laugh. Actually, I really havent figured out why people like to chat with me. But thats a whole nother topic. .... As for what I was saying. ...... It is true what jessica said, if you are negative and mopey and depressed all the time, you will only bring everyone around you down..... I always believed if you have nothing nice to say dont say anything. I try not to complain to people anymore. I have found that people like me better when Im listening to their problems rather than bitching about my own lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/vastfanatic
Annie
Stargazer
Stargazer
Annie

Dragon

POSITIVITY Empty
PostSubject: Re: POSITIVITY   POSITIVITY EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 2:53 pm

Another great self-help book that focuses more on the dating world is If the Buddha Dated by Charlotte Kasl... I love it! Its kind of funny but honest. It talked a lot about putting the postive out there and getting positive in return too.

Mandie I am just like you! I need to have something to do or learn to be happy... I hope you do make it back to school in the fall lol we may be the only two ppl in the world that are HAPPIER when they have to study POSITIVITY 871743

Jess, have fun on the date! I am sure you will post how it went, but if you weren't planning on it I am letting you know you should!!
Back to top Go down
Amanda Leigh
Admin
Admin
Amanda Leigh

Cat

POSITIVITY Empty
PostSubject: Re: POSITIVITY   POSITIVITY EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 3:38 pm

Annie wrote:

Mandie I am just like you! I need to have something to do or learn to be happy... I hope you do make it back to school in the fall lol we may be the only two ppl in the world that are HAPPIER when they have to study POSITIVITY 871743

Thanks Annie! I'll be applying for financial aid soon!!! Still not sure what I will take in the fall. I already got a degree and a certificate..... now I think I want to take some classes that just .... seem interesting to me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/vastfanatic
Sponsored content

POSITIVITY Empty
PostSubject: Re: POSITIVITY   POSITIVITY Empty

Back to top Go down

POSITIVITY
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ORG Planet :: ORG Planet Site Archives :: Misc. Site Archives-
Jump to: