ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Reality Gaming Planet

HomeHomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I am

Go down 
+2
Cory
Zack
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Zack
Star Ruby
Star Ruby

Snake

I am Empty
PostSubject: I am   I am EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 5:13 pm

Officially "single" for the first time in 4 years. Me and my bf finally agreed to just END it last night. Idk how I feel about it, I kinda feel like it was the right thing to do, one second I'll be really happy and feel free but the next I just get super depressed. Is there any advice that you guys have of getting over such a long term relationship?
Back to top Go down
Cory
Star Quartz
Star Quartz
Cory

Cat

I am Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am   I am EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 5:27 pm

I wish I could help, but I've only had one relationship in my life and it lasted only 6 months. Sad
Back to top Go down
Jess
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Jess

Horse

I am Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am   I am EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 5:29 pm

"The best way to get over someone is to get under someone else" Laughing

Seriously though, I wish I could help, but I'm not exactly an veteran relationshipper.
Back to top Go down
Amanda Leigh
Admin
Admin
Amanda Leigh

Cat

I am Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am   I am EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 6:45 pm

Zack, you just have to find ways to occupy your time. I have found in the past that my mind would start to wander away from me when I was bored. Just stay busy. Hang out with friends as much as possible. Eventually you wont be depressed anymore.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/vastfanatic
Sadie Jane
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
Sadie Jane

I am Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am   I am EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 7:21 pm

Four years is a long time. In my experience, the longer you are with someone the more of an adjustment it is after breaking up. What's worked for me in the past is distractions like Mandie said. Just anything to get your mind off things.
Back to top Go down
dj
dj

I am Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am   I am EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 7:33 pm

As Mandie & Sadie have sad - and this isn't necessarily pertaining to breakups, but the more you sit around in your house or inside alone, the more the thoughts will creep up on you. Sometimes it's good to sit alone in thought, but mostly it can really eat at you - go outside, take a walk, do some activity whether it be by yourself or with friends - just to not be inside with your thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Star Ruby
Star Ruby

Snake

I am Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am   I am EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 11:09 am

Yeah. I've been trying to get out and do things, catch up with old friends. He was very controlling in a way, if he didn't like my friends, I wasn't allowed to see them. Everything just feels so strange and different.

I was doing pretty well until about yesterday around dinner time... when yes, I took a break from setting up my hall and a song came on. Amazing how something so simple can trigger your emotions. Idk I was talking to a few of my friends about maybe going and talking to someone about it like a counselor or something. Just because it's been so long, I feel like I'm going to have a very hard time adjusting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I am Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am   I am Empty

Back to top Go down

I am
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ORG Planet :: ORG Planet Site Archives :: Misc. Site Archives-
Jump to: