ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Reality Gaming Planet

HomeHomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Anyone here believe in creationism?

Go down 
+2
Doug
MoMo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MoMo
MoMo

Pig

Anyone here believe in creationism? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone here believe in creationism?   Anyone here believe in creationism? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 10:00 pm

I have a question.

What do you think of pokemon? Because the concept of evolution is VERY prolific in that game/show/card crack.
Back to top Go down
Doug
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Doug

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here believe in creationism?   Anyone here believe in creationism? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 2:03 am

Creationism, no.

Because Pokemon are real.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/profile.php?ref=name&
Jess
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Jess

Horse

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here believe in creationism?   Anyone here believe in creationism? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 4:02 am

I'm a creationist. Born and raised and proud of it Razz

But growing up, I loved Pokemon. My parents knew it wasn't real and since they knew I knew it wasn't real, they didn't care. It's not like they didn't let me watch Care Bears because they live in the sky where only God and the angels should live. It's fictional and we all had an an understanding of that.

That being said, I got in trouble at Church a few times for trading my Pokemon cards during the service Embarassed
Back to top Go down
MoMo
MoMo

Pig

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here believe in creationism?   Anyone here believe in creationism? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 6:15 am

HAHA! That's really cute Jessica! That thought just flashed in my head (when I was thinking about Duck Tales anthropology) and I had to ask. I know my grandfather always had a problem with the fact that they 'evolve' in the game and I was like "I wonder if that's a real thing, like Pokemon wouldn't be aloud in an environment like that."
Back to top Go down
Jess
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Jess

Horse

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here believe in creationism?   Anyone here believe in creationism? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 6:47 am

lol, I'm sure SOME families wouldn't let Pokemon be around their children for that reason, but my parents didn't care. They were picky about the shows I was allowed to watch though. Like Sesame Street. I wasn't really allowed to watch it, because Cookie Monster promoted being greedy and Oscar promoted grouchiness, etc. etc. I watched it on occasion, but my mom didn't encourage it. The way she saw it, those things are habits that I could pick up on. But Pokemon was different. It's not like it convinced me that all animals and humans evolve and stuff. It only told me that Pokemon evolved, and I knew Pokemon (unfortunately) didn't exist. My mom wasn't a huge fan of me being obsessed with Pokemon, but she got over it, lol. She didn't see it having any negative effect on me. But if I started telling her that I was convinced our cat was going to start evolving and stuff, she would have probably put an end to me watching Pokemon, lol.

My mom was an ECE teacher when I was growing up, so she was trained on all this stuff, lol. She'd always sit me down and find out what I thought of what I was watching. She always made sure I knew that what I was watching was fictional.
Back to top Go down
MoMo
MoMo

Pig

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here believe in creationism?   Anyone here believe in creationism? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 8:45 am

Well obviously a lot of people agreed with your mom about Cookie Monster at least, since now his thing is "cookies are a sometimes food" and all that.
Back to top Go down
dj
dj

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here believe in creationism?   Anyone here believe in creationism? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 9:02 am

The kids I used to babysit couldn't watch Spongebob or Caillou. I think because Caillou is a little whiny twat and the mom didn't want little whiny twats for children.

Snippets of being a twat.

Not to mention the fact that I want to smack Rosie upside the head and always wonder why Caillou looks like he has leukemia. Epic Fail.
Back to top Go down
dj
dj

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here believe in creationism?   Anyone here believe in creationism? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 9:08 am

Also I just Wiki'd Caillou and his parents names are Doris and Boris. Cute, but I just Laughing
Back to top Go down
MoMo
MoMo

Pig

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here believe in creationism?   Anyone here believe in creationism? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 9:43 am

He does seem pretty damned awful.
Back to top Go down
Jess
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Jess

Horse

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here believe in creationism?   Anyone here believe in creationism? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 2:14 pm

I don't let any kids I babysit for watch Max and Ruby. I even googled it, and tons of parents don't let their kids watch that show.

I mean, Max is like, 3, and Ruby can't be more than 6 or 7. Yet they seem to live alone and do whatever they want. It's ridiculous. Ryan and I used to watch the show just to make fun of it. But ya, some parents said that their kids started trying to take the bus and cook by themselves and stuff, just because Max and Ruby do it. Insanity, lol.
Back to top Go down
Doug
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Doug

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here believe in creationism?   Anyone here believe in creationism? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 5:14 pm

I can't think of any cartoons on television right now that I wouldn't let my kids watch so long as I knew what they were watching so I could prepare for the impressions they might get. I think as long as you're willing and able to talk with your kids (like your mom did), then you're kids'll turn out fine. Parents can have much more of an effect on how their kids end up than the stuff they watch as long as they're around.
Back to top Go down
Amanda Leigh
Admin
Admin
Amanda Leigh

Cat

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here believe in creationism?   Anyone here believe in creationism? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 12:22 pm

I was aloud to watch what I wanted for the most part....
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/vastfanatic
MoMo
MoMo

Pig

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here believe in creationism?   Anyone here believe in creationism? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:51 pm

I never had anything I couldn't watch, I was watching 90210 when I was 7. I was never that 'impressionable' or whatever so my mom never minded what I watched.
Back to top Go down
Pete
Host
Host
Pete

Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here believe in creationism?   Anyone here believe in creationism? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 8:33 pm

I was able to watch anything I wanted as long as it wasn't on MTV lol
Back to top Go down
MoMo
MoMo

Pig

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here believe in creationism?   Anyone here believe in creationism? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 11:10 pm

That was never a problem for me, we didn't have cable ever, HAHAHA!
Back to top Go down
Doug
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Doug

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here believe in creationism?   Anyone here believe in creationism? EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 1:13 am

We didn't (and still don't) have cable. I remember we weren't allowed to watch the Simpsons, King of the Hill, or Family Guy. There were probably other things too. I also remember I wasn't allowed to watch Survivor Africa because of the cow blood.
Back to top Go down
MoMo
MoMo

Pig

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here believe in creationism?   Anyone here believe in creationism? EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 5:27 am

HAHAHAHAHA, rules.
Back to top Go down
dj
dj

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here believe in creationism?   Anyone here believe in creationism? EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 1:35 pm

Hmmm...I never really watched anything that my parents didn't allow me to see...they'd pretty much walk in while I'd be watching Survivor or BB and say "why are you watching this crap" and then I'd turn it so they could watch King of Queens, HA. And we really didn't have cable for a good chunk of my childhood, so MTV wasn't part of my life. Maybe that's why I"m a big fan of Flavor of Love and all the trash that was spawned from VH1 Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here believe in creationism?   Anyone here believe in creationism? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone here believe in creationism?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ORG Planet :: ORG Planet Site Archives :: Misc. Site Archives-
Jump to: