ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Reality Gaming Planet

HomeHomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Survivor: Cambodia

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Henry
Arbiter
Arbiter
Henry

Pig

Survivor: Cambodia Empty
PostSubject: Survivor: Cambodia   Survivor: Cambodia EmptyThu May 21, 2015 1:10 am

Here's the cast.

Joe Anglim. Vytas Baskauskas. Spencer Bledsoe. Jeremy Collins. Terry Deitz. Ciera Eastin. Stephen Fishbach. LaTasha Fox. Abi-Maria Gomes. Woo Hwang. Kimmi Kappenberg. Peih-Gee Law. Kassandra McQuillen. Keith Nale. Shirin Oskooi. Monica Padilla. Andrew Savage. Jeff Varner. Kelley Wentworth. Kelly Wigglesworth.

All in all......can't complain much.  Would've REALLY liked to have seen Shane Powers and Jim Rice make it, in lieu of Terry and Woo.  I knew Woo was coming back though, he's likeable but damn it.  But I still say, while I like him, he PLAYED his game, and stupidly.  There's more deserving people.  As for the gals, I would've liked to see Sabrina Thompson over Ciera or possibly Kimmi (I think a lot of people voted for her, myself included, just cause her chickens in the Outback was so memorable.  Does that mean she's more worthy than in my opinion Sabrina?  No.  I voted for Sabrina, but clearly not enough others did. I'd be surprised to see Kimmi go deep.....now watch her win) but......kills me about Jim especially and Shane too, but what're ya gonna do.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Amanda Leigh
Admin
Admin
Amanda Leigh

Cat

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Cambodia   Survivor: Cambodia EmptyFri May 22, 2015 4:31 pm

No Shane? HORSE SHIT.

I think people forgot how entertaining he was. How disappointing. 

Was also a little disappointed to see that TBird didnt make the cast.

Really happy about Keith and Joe returning. My hubby was happy about Jeff Varner coming back. He liked Jeff. 

Kimmi Kappenberg was entertaining but I don't care to hear her bitch and whine about having to kill chickens. Get over it. Kelly wentworth was a little firecracker if I remember correctly.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/vastfanatic
Shanna
Star Quartz
Star Quartz

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Cambodia   Survivor: Cambodia EmptyFri May 22, 2015 4:43 pm

This cast is alright.. could either be great or be shit.. more likely shit knowing how these last few seasons have gone down, but who knows.

Happy about: Peih-Gee, Spencer, Kass, Monica, Savage, Jeremey, Tasha.Stephen, Kelly Wiggle and to an extent Keith.

Upset about: Abi-Maria.. somebody fucking kill her. Praying she is an early boot because I don't want to see another season with her. Terry... I never liked him and think I'm going to like him even less now.

WTF moment: WTF?! WHERE IS SHANE?! I'm so upset about the lack of Shane I thought he was on lock for this.

The rest of people I am simply 'meh' on and couldn't care less.... so, I suppose I should be happy?
Back to top Go down
Green Monster
Star Struck
Star Struck
Green Monster

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Cambodia   Survivor: Cambodia EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:20 am

Shame on America!

Still can't believe that Shane and T-Bird did not make the cut. Like seriously!
Seriously was broken hearted to see that. All through the campaigns felt that if there was 1 man and 1 woman that really were to want to see play again, it was those 2. Just disbelief.

There was recency bias and just some meh picks.

Highly suspect Shirin for 1st boot (or very early boot)

I mean, she has to be admired for the stances she has made, and the awareness that she has raised to some issues that came up during the past season, and comend her entirely for this.

However (I know, here is my Dan ref, lol)... at the same time all theough the last season there was a theme running about how everyone on the seaosn, except for Max, all found her pretty annoying. Even those like Jenn & Hali expressed this.

Then at FTC - which all the cast for this next season were all there watching - they would have heard Shirin brag at FTC about having made her first million at age 25.

Plus she really was underwhelming in the challenges this past season, so it's not like they will be banking on her performances o help the tribe in the early running, coupled with I really could see her putting a few people's noses out of joint and all things considered is a strong candidate for 1st boot.
Back to top Go down
Henry
Arbiter
Arbiter
Henry

Pig

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Cambodia   Survivor: Cambodia EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:56 am

Yeah I cannot argue with that logic at all GM.  Shirin was entertaining in some aspects, I DID vote for her, but mainly because there were a few disreputable scrubs I didn't want in there.  I'm sorry Teresa from Africa ain't done NOTHING amazing. She voted for Lex, and let my girl Kelly Goldsmith take the heat for it.  Why.....does this make her a great survivor?  She's not DISLIKE-ABLE, I really don't have anything bad to say about her, but there's nothing about Teresa that is incredible to me, not even close.  I'm damn happy everyone's precious T-Bird didn't make it, though I'm aware I am in the minority.  Someone tell me why she's so great?  

Shane Powers & Jim Rice got hosed.  There's no other way to view it.  Sabrina Thompson too, but not quite as bad as those gentlemen.  

If Shririn went home first, you'd not hear me crying.  I like her more than Terry Deitz, and really that's about it.  She's far down on my list, but she is smart and interesting to watch.....sort of?
Back to top Go down
Green Monster
Star Struck
Star Struck
Green Monster

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Cambodia   Survivor: Cambodia EmptyWed May 27, 2015 6:23 am

Africa is such an odd season, especially for game players. Because of the confines of the campsites meaning it was extremely difficult to have anything in the nature of private conversations.

That said, T-Bird was able to be likeable enough at the orig Samburu that, even with the split in age gap, she was never going to be the target ahead of the likes of Carl, Linda and had the twist not happened, Frank would have gone before her also. But the twist did happen and got switched, of which she was the first to want to go on the trek which led to being switched. Once on Boran was able to get in good with the Borans, and position herself, and ensured Silas went first.

At the merge, with a 6-4 split (in terms of orig tribe numbers), again, with some of the other orig Samburu convinced the Borans to eliminate Clarence (even though she strayed because she had promised Clarence she would not vote for him, but would have been aware of the Samburu efforts elsewhere), so it was 5-4 in therms of orig trib numbers. By straying caused enough dissent with Lex then going on the warpath in the aftermath, which directly led to Kelly G deciding to join up with the Samburu people in targeting Lex at F9.

If it had not been for Brandon at the F9 vote, then the game plays out very differently. Not to emntion it didn't do anything for Brandon's game, despite Lex liking him, he was the one voted out next. Imagine had Brandon stuck with orig Samburu at this point, and put aside his differences and worked with Frank, think how the game then looks? Lex, the dominant challenge performer and de facto leader of Boran is out. Kelly G, Frank, Brandon, Kim Powers & T-Bird on one side. Kim J, Ethan & Tom on the other. Having targeted Kelly, she was unlikely to want to flip back to the remaining Borans. Survivor history is altered. And of those 5 who is best positioned to go deepest, and should they get to the FTC, win? T-Bird.

It may all be fan fiction, but think about it. Rewatch Africa. It makes sense, especially in the context of that game in that era of Survivor.

As it did actually play out, she still remained the last of the Samburu and in an era of Survivor pre-Marquesas, when Neleh, Paschal & Kathy changed Survivor forever by flipping on the Rotu 4, a single dominant alliance pretty much were able to run the table, she did the very best possible under the circumstances. A phenomenal social player an would loved to see how she would fare in the modern era of Survivor.
Back to top Go down
Henry
Arbiter
Arbiter
Henry

Pig

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Cambodia   Survivor: Cambodia EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:59 pm

Thanks for reminding me of some stuff that went down in Africa, I've watched The Outback, and Borneo since they've aired, which makes Africa the season I've gone the longest without seeing.  

I can see how Teresa might've done even better than she had, her not stepping on any toes allowed her to finish in the final five, despite being put in a disadvantage situation for most of the game.  But to me that still doesn't explain why she's so great.  I think the answer is, she ISN'T so great, but like others who were given second chances (Peih-Gee and Savage leap to mind) she did the best with a bad situation so she was given the opportunity at a second chance. 

Teresa just never impressed me, so in that way maybe I'd like to see her again, and see if she can change my mind?  As unlikable as Kim Johnson was in Africa, she played.  I respect that.  Teresa didn't make any wrong moves, but I think she gets a lot of points in many people's minds because she was, seemingly, a nice lady.  Even so if they were to bring someone back from Africa who hasn't played since I'd love to see Kelly Goldsmith, Kim Powers, or possibly Lindsey Richter or Silas Gaither.
Back to top Go down
Amanda Leigh
Admin
Admin
Amanda Leigh

Cat

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Cambodia   Survivor: Cambodia EmptyWed May 27, 2015 10:21 pm

I loved Lindsey from Africa. Smile
Back to top Go down
Green Monster
Star Struck
Star Struck
Green Monster

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Cambodia   Survivor: Cambodia EmptyWed May 27, 2015 10:51 pm

My abiding memory of Lindsay from Africa stems from the aftermath of that first Samburu TC, where she much went off because the older people had had the audacity of voting for her, nevermind the fact she had been sick the round before. So the perception that remained with me always was someone that was a bit of an entitled princess. Again, would hav to rewatch it, but thast is the primary and lingering memory I have of her.
Back to top Go down
Amanda Leigh
Admin
Admin
Amanda Leigh

Cat

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Cambodia   Survivor: Cambodia EmptyFri May 29, 2015 12:45 am

She was a bit outspoken for sure. That lady Linda pissed me off how she treated Lindsey in one of the episodes.
Back to top Go down
Henry
Arbiter
Arbiter
Henry

Pig

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Cambodia   Survivor: Cambodia EmptySat May 30, 2015 1:13 am

Yeah I can't say Lindsey was a super amazing player, just that I remember liking her, despite everything.  I remember I would've much rather had her stick around than stupid Brandon.  Africa is one of the seasons I really did not care for at all.  Not at the absolute bottom of the pile, but not far from it.  And there being now 30 seasons, that's not a glowing review. Hehe

I remember Jeff Probst saying about how awful the landscape of Africa was, and I remember it too. On the other hand, I wish Survivor would start exploring new venues even if they're not the best for game play.  Excited about Cambodia, they've not been any place quite like that, in a while.  Heard the crew was saying the bugs were awful and it was horribly hot.  Good.  These pure-paradise locales might keep the cast and crew happier, but after the 10th time in a row, I NEED NEW SURROUNDINGS as a viewer!
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Star Quartz
Star Quartz

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Cambodia   Survivor: Cambodia EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 4:18 pm

Was not too sure before but now I just am excited for this next season!  bounce
Back to top Go down
Henry
Arbiter
Arbiter
Henry

Pig

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Cambodia   Survivor: Cambodia EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 7:17 pm

There has been a lot of new, cool information coming out about Survivor: Cambodia.  I REALLY do think this'll be a good season.  I love the cast, plus they're going back to doing old challenges, which in my opinion was always better than the newer ones.  They also are having the hidden idol clues buried around camp, but the idols themselves, will be displayed DURING the challenges.  So.....it's hard to discreetly get a HII DURING a challenge right? Or is it?
Back to top Go down
Henry
Arbiter
Arbiter
Henry

Pig

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Cambodia   Survivor: Cambodia EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 12:45 pm

I dunno if anyone is reading this, if so, PLEASE post something just so I know someone's reading it. Premiere episode of Survivor: Cambodia surprised me, but in good ways.  I think all these people desperately want it so bad, everyone better watch their ass.  That's really my only take-away, and while I would've much preferred Abi-Maria having gone home....shes someone who can't change even if she tried, hard, as long as she doesn't go extremely far, I'm still alright.
Back to top Go down
Amanda Leigh
Admin
Admin
Amanda Leigh

Cat

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Cambodia   Survivor: Cambodia EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 1:06 am

Hello, Henry! I'm reading. (well I read it a few mins ago) ~I just forgot how to post haha

Two episodes in and Im loving it. Varner is entertaining me for sure. I didn't care that Vytas went home in ep 1 and I loved that Shrin is gone. Couldn't stand her. Felt bad for spencer that the only person he teamed up with was annoying. Abi is annoying for sure but for now she is entertaining me. I am looking forward to episode 3. Can't wait, wish it was Wednesday everyday.
Back to top Go down
Henry
Arbiter
Arbiter
Henry

Pig

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Cambodia   Survivor: Cambodia EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 2:31 pm

Good to hear from you Amanda! star   I'm liking this season as well.  Neither Vytas nor Shirin, in my opinion (while I didn't hate either) didn't deserve a 2nd chance anyway, so I was fine with them leaving.  Got a feeling many of my favorites though are gonna get screwed by this tribe shake up......it usually happens.
Back to top Go down
Amanda Leigh
Admin
Admin
Amanda Leigh

Cat

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Cambodia   Survivor: Cambodia EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 5:23 pm

I can't wait. I hope it's awesome. Varner, Savage I hope do well. I also like the old dude Keith. I hope he does well too. The little blonde chick who got the HII at the IC - Impressive. I was screaming at the tv, GET IT GET IT  NO ONES LOOKING, and then hubby and i high fived each other when she did finally grab it. That was cool they put it there. Added an extra element that I liked. More risky.

Joe, - golden boy. Just too golden for his own good. I hope he does well and doesnt get the ax too soon.
Back to top Go down
Henry
Arbiter
Arbiter
Henry

Pig

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Cambodia   Survivor: Cambodia EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 8:12 pm

I want Woo, Terry, and Abi-Maria gone a.s.a.p.  They'll probably ALL do relatively well, which annoys the crap out of me.  Woo I actually like, but he shouldn't even be there, so, no.  Been listening to the interviews this season.  Vytas said he would've rather not gone out at all than been the 1st one gone, he's got a young kid at home he missed growing up for 60 days.  Shirin said Kelly Wiglesworth was really complainy and negative on everything.  We have to all remember Survivor shows the viewers what it WANTS to show us.
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Star Quartz
Star Quartz

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Cambodia   Survivor: Cambodia EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 1:38 pm

SUPER BUSY with school but wednesday has been my salvation coz of this show! Great season so far I hate Abi and Terry as well, Henry. I am pulling for Keith too Amanda! Hes just hard not to like
Back to top Go down
Henry
Arbiter
Arbiter
Henry

Pig

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Cambodia   Survivor: Cambodia EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 6:06 pm

SO disgusting to see Peih-Gee go home, while Abi is still there.  Peih-Gee's a great player and couldn't get away from Abi, that's what happened to her..what a shame.  As I said before....I just think someone's going to try and have her be a goat until quite late into the game.  Disgusting stuff...but still like the season of course!
Back to top Go down
Henry
Arbiter
Arbiter
Henry

Pig

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Cambodia   Survivor: Cambodia EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 1:00 am

I'll just talk mostly to myself again.  It's a shame to see Varner leave so early.  He's undoubtedly one of THE MOST entertaining contestants ever.  Also, this season I've been listening to all the interviews and stuff.  Savage was apparently looking to Tasha for all strategy, and he (because he's such a good friend of Jeff Probst's) is getting a WAY more Capt. America edit than he deserves.  

Such a shame about Survivor.  That we're not really seeing the truth.  It HAPPENS...(the truth) it's not a scripted show, but such a tiny, teeny amount of it makes it onto the show itself.  Jeff Varner farted in Abi's face; he explained what a satisfying experience that was. LOL.

But yeah..the fact that there's all this amazing stuff (well ok, some of it is boring of course) but that there is footage of "the truth" each an every season, and we as viewers don't get to SEE it....that's almost worse than if everything WAS scripted.  This is more like, here's the truth....through Jeff Probst's point of view and opinions.  I mean directors do that with movies, but just annoying.  

Still a Survivor fan for life, just finally hitting home hard just how little of what goes on out there, is what we are shown.
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Star Quartz
Star Quartz

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Cambodia   Survivor: Cambodia EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 12:45 pm

think you hit the nail on the head about the editing problems, Henry. I completely agree with what you said.

Sorry to see Jeff go cause hes funny and I love Peih-Gee. Especially her leaving due to Abi who I fucking hate is a very big pill to swallow. Abi gets my sympathy on some level but shes just too damn annoying for me not to hate her as much as I did last time
Back to top Go down
Pete
Host
Host
Pete

Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Cambodia   Survivor: Cambodia EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 8:55 pm

hey everyone, sorry I haven't been on here in a long time. Had some stuff happen earlier in the year and didn't have internet access or limited access from April til last month. Anyways hi everyone still here!

Unfortunately I missed all of Big Brother this year due to no cable or internet but thankfully haven't missed an episode of this season yet. Am loving the season thus far. 

Was happy that Vytas and Shirin went home early cause not the biggest fan of either (PLUS Teresa should have gotten Shirin, Monica or Kelly Wentworth's place in this season). 

Sad that Peih-Gee went home cause I really liked her a lot. I wanna like Abi-Maria but she is just way too obnoxious. Hope she goes sooner than later though am thinking we are gonna be stuck with her for a while.

Jeff is easily one of my favorite people that came back this season so was very disappointed to see him go home so early. He is a great personality I think and he is from my all time favorite season.

Was happy with tonights episode and that is all I will say since it just finished not too long ago. So far been an interesting beginning to the season. Hopefully it stays good the whole way through.
Back to top Go down
Henry
Arbiter
Arbiter
Henry

Pig

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Cambodia   Survivor: Cambodia EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 10:49 pm

Good to hear from you Pete!  Glad you're alive and all!

As for the other night's Survivor, I was surprised....in that Angkor didn't lose again.  So Denise's record stays in-tact of someone potentially surviving EVERY TC.  Monica I liked, and I have to admit I did vote for her, but mainly because she's hot.  No real loss there.....VERY happy Spencer and Kelly Wiglesworth survived!  Looks like they are in trouble if Bayon loses again, but not too sad at all to see Monica's butt leave.
Back to top Go down
Amanda Leigh
Admin
Admin
Amanda Leigh

Cat

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Cambodia   Survivor: Cambodia EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 10:06 pm

Wasn't sad to see Monica go, I didn't really like her. 
Varner, how depressing. What a loss. I can't believe Abi didn't keep him.

HELLO PETE. 

I am really enjoying this season, by far it is one of my favorites. I find myself looking forward to it every week. Wish every day was Wednesday. 

I think my three favorite people are all together on a tribe, and perhaps in an alliance.
Joe aka Golden Boy
Old Man Kieth, 
And that little blonde chick on that tribe, forget her name. Those three I think are my fav. 

I was happy to see that Woo's tribe didn't have to go back to TC.

But can I just say, Spencer is such a spare. Im tired of watching him. Just sayin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Cambodia   Survivor: Cambodia Empty

Back to top Go down

Survivor: Cambodia
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next