ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Reality Gaming Planet

HomeHomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome to ORG Planet!

Go down 
+29
Doggerz
Ben
MoMo
Belasen
keyboardguy
Trevor
chad
Jade
Brentin
oohitsryann
Pete
Thian
Mason
Nathan
Doug
MikeNIkers
Brant
dj
-jk-
JenTheSurvivah!
RYAN!
Jess
Cory
chippewa
Joey
Kenya
Deetster
Niki
Amanda Leigh
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Amanda Leigh
Admin
Admin
Amanda Leigh

Cat

Welcome to ORG Planet! Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to ORG Planet!   Welcome to ORG Planet! EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 9:36 pm

Hello everyone, Mandie here!

Welcome to the new site! I hope everyone likes it. Like many of you I loved Altreality. Altreality was my online home from 2003 until 2008. Some of you know what happened and some dont. Near the end of Alt's time, spam bots sort of took over the message board. They were regestering faster than I could delete them and their posts. On top of not knowing how to solve the problem or come up with a solution, I was focused on school. I went back to school as a full time student at a community college here in Dallas for three years. I was more focused on my studies than I was my website. Then around December of 2007, I was contacted by a third party stating my server who was currently hosting Altreality.net was going out of buisness and I was offered a discount to move my website and it's database to their server. When I first got this messsage I didn't believe them because I hadn't heard anything from my server about them closing. Well, May 2008 rolled around and I realized that my server was really going to close shop. I felt it was too little too late to save Alt. Spam Bots were attacking and I was knee deep in homework I just let it go. My server closed, my database was lost, and that was the end of Altreality. I can't say what the future hold's for this site, but I don't pay for it, this is a free hosting site. I was able to customize everything to be the way I wanted it. That is why you might see things here and there that remind you of Alt. For example, rank images. I told someone years ago what kind of ranks I wanted for Alt, and so this person made some for me. They were exactly what I wanted and I intend to keep them. Smile

I have finished customizing the board. I have changed all the buttons, (DJ even had to make one), uploaded the logo I made a few semesters ago in Computer Illustration class, (Michael color matched the background of it for me) and then I created all the forums. I have changed and/or uploaded over 100 smilies. I created 17 different rank titles and uploaded images. And everything is completely done. Please feel free to make yourselves at home here. I look forward to making ORG Planet a new online home for friends. The first game here at ORG Planet will be hosted by DJ! You can check out the application forum for details. I will have a hosting application posted soon for anyone who has the desire to host here at ORG Planet.

Staff members include:
DJQwiksilver - Moderator
Musicmuse - Site Tech
Vastfanatic - Admin

I have no other staff positions available at this time. I had considered adding Kenya as an admin to help me with the site but after talking things over with my husband we agreed that it is probably best that I admin alone for a while until the site grows and becomes too much for me to handle. If I decide to take on another admin, Kenya gets first dibs on it as I had already asked her to admin with me. I'd like to apologize to Kenya for the change of plans.

I have never used a free message board before but so far everything has worked great. If you have a problem, find a problem or see anything that doesnt look right, please feel free to contact one of the staff members and we will look into the issue. Hopefully things will run smoothly. Smile

In the future I will create a Member Of The Week (MOTW) or Member Of The Month (MOTM) forum so that various members will be awarded special ranks from time to time. In the future I'd also like to get some official writers for the site. I am able to create HTML pages and add them to the portal (front page). So, columns could be written and officially have their own page. That is why you will see MOTW and Writer in the legend at the bottom of the forum index. Right now my focus is on growing the site and making this a friendly community for all. The current age limit to register for the site is set at 13 years of age. So please keep in mind that there may be young teenagers who become apart of our online community. Treat everyone here with respect, thats all I ask. There are no word sensors set. You are free to say what you want as long as you are not harrassing or insulting members of the community in a public forum. If things occur in a game, it is up to the host to decide for his/her game what is or isn't acceptable behavior.

Again, if you have any questions or any problems, just ask a staff member.

Sincerely, Mandie (VastFanatic)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/vastfanatic
Amanda Leigh
Admin
Admin
Amanda Leigh

Cat

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to ORG Planet!   Welcome to ORG Planet! EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 1:16 am

After thinking things over, I have decided to add Kenya on as a moderator. She will be a great asset to the staff. I look forward to everyone getting to know her. She's one of us Wink

Staff members include:
DJQwiksilver - Moderator
Kenya - Moderator
Musicmuse - Site Tech
Vastfanatic - Admin
Back to top Go down
Niki
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Niki

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to ORG Planet!   Welcome to ORG Planet! EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 10:41 am

awesome! the site looks great! :D
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/XmypaperheartXX
Deetster
Winner
Winner
Deetster

Horse

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to ORG Planet!   Welcome to ORG Planet! EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 11:52 am

Very cool to see something like this happening again with a relatively similar community. Was never a huge member of Altreality, but OS was my first gaming home, and the communities intermingled a lot, so this is definately exciting to see.

Site looks cool, good job!
Back to top Go down
http://copsandrobbers1.proboards.com/index.cgi
Kenya
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Kenya

Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to ORG Planet!   Welcome to ORG Planet! EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 12:02 pm

MICHAEL <3 <3 <3 <3
Back to top Go down
Deetster
Winner
Winner
Deetster

Horse

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to ORG Planet!   Welcome to ORG Planet! EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 12:39 pm

Kenya! Love since BB:Film.

Dats right, we're on that first name basis. They don't need to know about that though, lol.
Back to top Go down
Amanda Leigh
Admin
Admin
Amanda Leigh

Cat

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to ORG Planet!   Welcome to ORG Planet! EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 12:53 pm

Hey Deets. Smile Nice to see you could make it on over. Wink

and thanks NIKI! NIce to see you too!
Back to top Go down
Joey
Star Struck
Star Struck
Joey

Cat

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to ORG Planet!   Welcome to ORG Planet! EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 12:55 pm

Deetster wrote:
Very cool to see something like this happening again with a relatively similar community. Was never a huge member of Altreality, but OS was my first gaming home, and the communities intermingled a lot, so this is definately exciting to see.

Site looks cool, good job!

I'm used to having the 'Like' button from Fbook to click to agree with posts, rather than having to work my finger muscles more than necessary to type out that I agree/like a post. But if there were a button to do so, I would Like Michael's post. Miss Mandie, any mods for that? C'mon, let's make it happen! lol
Back to top Go down
Amanda Leigh
Admin
Admin
Amanda Leigh

Cat

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to ORG Planet!   Welcome to ORG Planet! EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 12:57 pm

lol i wish. but sadly, I dont think there is an I Like feature that comes with phpbb. Sad
Back to top Go down
Joey
Star Struck
Star Struck
Joey

Cat

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to ORG Planet!   Welcome to ORG Planet! EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 12:58 pm

Boooo! Oh well, I tried. Wishful thinking. You are forgiven....... this time
Back to top Go down
Deetster
Winner
Winner
Deetster

Horse

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to ORG Planet!   Welcome to ORG Planet! EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 1:02 pm

Hahaha, I would like the ominous post that Melloplaya left if I had the ability to Like posts right now.

Nice and odd seeing everyone, this is kinda de-ja-vu invoking.
Back to top Go down
chippewa
Star Burst
Star Burst
chippewa

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to ORG Planet!   Welcome to ORG Planet! EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 2:03 pm

Glad to see this up and running!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Amanda Leigh
Admin
Admin
Amanda Leigh

Cat

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to ORG Planet!   Welcome to ORG Planet! EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 2:25 pm

Glad you registered! Wink nice to see you here!
Back to top Go down
Niki
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Niki

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to ORG Planet!   Welcome to ORG Planet! EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 2:36 pm

I recognize most people but Kenya, what was your sn on ALT?
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/XmypaperheartXX
Cory
Star Quartz
Star Quartz
Cory

Cat

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to ORG Planet!   Welcome to ORG Planet! EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 3:48 pm

Hey hey hey everyone!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Jess
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Jess

Horse

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to ORG Planet!   Welcome to ORG Planet! EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 4:09 pm

This is bringing back so many fond memories! :D
Back to top Go down
RYAN!
Stardust
Stardust
RYAN!

Horse

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to ORG Planet!   Welcome to ORG Planet! EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 5:23 pm

It's comforting to have a similar site with a nearly identical community back! Smile
Back to top Go down
JenTheSurvivah!
Star Struck
Star Struck
JenTheSurvivah!

Dragon
Location : Candy Mountain: It's full of sweets and joy. And joyness.

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to ORG Planet!   Welcome to ORG Planet! EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 7:23 pm

I can't believe I missed this thread but here I am and back in a community with all you awesome people. cheers

Even despite the loss of Altreality, OS and the like, I always had a little feeling that we'd all somehow find our way back together in another community. I feel so glad to know that instinct was correct. :D
Back to top Go down
http://thedramaticmonarch.deviantart.com/
Jess
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Jess

Horse

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to ORG Planet!   Welcome to ORG Planet! EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 9:13 pm

FogInCashtown wrote:
It's comforting to have a similar site with a nearly identical community back! Smile

It would be better if you weren't part of this community though, Ryan.
Back to top Go down
Amanda Leigh
Admin
Admin
Amanda Leigh

Cat

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to ORG Planet!   Welcome to ORG Planet! EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 9:17 pm

lol now now. Wink
Back to top Go down
Jess
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Jess

Horse

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to ORG Planet!   Welcome to ORG Planet! EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 9:20 pm

Ryan knows I heart him I love you
Back to top Go down
Amanda Leigh
Admin
Admin
Amanda Leigh

Cat

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to ORG Planet!   Welcome to ORG Planet! EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 9:26 pm

No he doesnt. He has never even talked to you!!!! eek

No Razz

(fun with smilies)
Back to top Go down
RYAN!
Stardust
Stardust
RYAN!

Horse

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to ORG Planet!   Welcome to ORG Planet! EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 9:26 pm

Jessica888 wrote:
FogInCashtown wrote:

I'm going to be the bigger person and walk away...but as I walk away, I am giving you the finger. Smile

Loooooove you.
Back to top Go down
Jess
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Jess

Horse

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to ORG Planet!   Welcome to ORG Planet! EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 9:29 pm

FogInCashtown wrote:
Jessica888 wrote:
FogInCashtown wrote:

I'm going to be the bigger person and walk away...but as I walk away, I am giving you the finger. Smile

Loooooove you.

:O I may just have to make a sudden trip back home to stick my tongue out at you while you're still stranded there.

But as I say this, it occurs to me there's a smilie for that. So...

tongue tongue tongue
Back to top Go down
Kenya
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Kenya

Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to ORG Planet!   Welcome to ORG Planet! EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 10:35 pm

Hehe yes Michael nobody needs to know Wink

Niki wrote:
I recognize most people but Kenya, what was your sn on ALT?

Actually I wasn't on alt long.. I joined it to play in orlando's survivor wedding party game.. which I did win lol but my name on there was AngelOfWater Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to ORG Planet!   Welcome to ORG Planet! Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome to ORG Planet!
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next