ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Reality Gaming Planet

HomeHomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

American Idol Talk

Go down 
+8
Doggerz
Deetster
Virtuanno
dj
Sir Boydly Boydster
Staciekins
Pete
Amanda Leigh
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Pete
Host
Host
Pete

Buffalo

American Idol Talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 2:10 pm

if they bring him back I hope they get rid of Randy and not Jlo or Steven, unless they replace all three
Back to top Go down
Staciekins
Star Ruby
Star Ruby
Staciekins

Horse

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 8:02 pm

Well it's just speculation at this point, but we'll see how the x factor does!!
Back to top Go down
Niki
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Niki

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 7 EmptySun May 06, 2012 9:10 am

So pissed that my 2nd fave went home :'( Phillip or Hollie better win now!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/XmypaperheartXX
Pete
Host
Host
Pete

Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 7 EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:33 am

I think at this point I'd rather Joshua or Jessica win over Phillip. For the last two weeks Phillip has butchered songs I have liked so I just cannot stand him any more.

the order I'd be happiest with at this point is:

4th - Phillip
3rd - Joshua
2nd - Jessica
1st - Hollie

I know Hollie had a rough patch there but she has gotten a lot better and I'm so excited to see her each week. Will be missing the finale if she isn't in it tbh. I would never buy an album from Phillip or Joshua. Jessica it would depend on the music but probably not (BTW: She totally butchered Tina Turner, which is completely unforgivable in my opinion)

I honestly cannot wait for this season to be over. Hopefully next season will be better, they NEED to get rid of Randy, don't care who they replace him with just don't think I can sit through another season of listening to him BS over every little thing.

oh and Skylar shouldn't have gone, though she'll never make it in the country music world. She is too similar to Miranda Lambert. It could definitely happen but I'm not sold on it, she talks and sings similar to Miranda, and performs just like her. I could see her making it maybe in 5 years or more, but earlier than that not really.
Back to top Go down
Niki
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Niki

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 7 EmptySun May 06, 2012 11:32 am

I love Skylar actually. Funny thing is, I'm normally not a big fan of country music but I just love her voice. Smile I'd actually get her album!
Back to top Go down
Pete
Host
Host
Pete

Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 7 EmptySun May 06, 2012 1:41 pm

if you like Skylar you should check out Miranda's albums, especially Kerosene and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. Sylistically and vocally they are very similar. Plus check out Miranda's performances from Nashville Star 1, when she was a contestant on that reality show and came in 3rd.
Back to top Go down
Niki
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Niki

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 7 EmptySun May 06, 2012 4:20 pm

Thanks! I'll have to check her out! I had no idea she came from a reality show! Smile
Back to top Go down
Pete
Host
Host
Pete

Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 7 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 7:59 pm

No
Back to top Go down
Staciekins
Star Ruby
Star Ruby
Staciekins

Horse

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 7 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 8:56 pm

My issue with Hollie was this and only this:

She's from about 15-30 minutes away from me. On ALL the radio stations, TV stations, News channels, anything really media wise, they all say VOTE FOR OUR HOMETOWN GIRL! They push it like crazy. On the radio yesterday, before they even sang, they were saying make sure to vote for hollie tonight no matter what. We want another tx girl to win!! Well, I'm not for voting for someone just because they are from here... That's so stupid to me.
I voted for Phillip.
I don't care who wins... although I hope it's not Jessica. I think the way they saved her was shit and totally disrespectful to the other contestants. I almost would rather Phillip didn't win, because it seems like the 3rd and 2nd place winners do better anyway!

So, that's my 2c. lol
Back to top Go down
.Michael.
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
.Michael.

Rat

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 7 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 9:19 pm

I thought Jessica in the bottom was manufactured so the judges would use the save early to get ratings back up.
Back to top Go down
Staciekins
Star Ruby
Star Ruby
Staciekins

Horse

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 7 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 10:32 pm

Oh... maybe Michael, I never thought of it that way!! I do remember reading that their ratings were down.. hmmm interesting!
Back to top Go down
Pete
Host
Host
Pete

Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 7 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 5:17 am

Hollie was my favorite, along with Skylar and Colton. With her now out and the final three Jessica, Joshua and Phillip I'm done watching. I fastforwarded through all of their performances anyways so why bother. I've never disliked anyone who made the top 3 as much as I dislike those three. Phillip I would sometimes watch his performances enough to see if I liked them or not. His second performance this week was great, his first not so much. I'd rather he win out of the three and I think he will. Regardless I don't see much success for any of them.

also have to say, something I noticed with Jessica this week. She is praised for her power vocals and while she does amazing with them she brings absolutely no personality to any of the songs she sings. She mimicks the original performers. It is the reason all of her performances seem so separate from the others. She has great vocals but she is really too young
Back to top Go down
.Michael.
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
.Michael.

Rat

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 7 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 7:46 am

"Volcanoes" was the first time I liked Philip Phillips. No lie. I can't stand his contorted faces and don't think his voice is that great.

Jessica has the best voice, hands down. She's had the most challenging song selection and has nailed it EVERY time vocally. Her stage prescence is shaky, since she only does well when she can imitate Beyonce. I also agree that her style of dress is WAY too skanky for a 16 year old.

Josh's voice itself is okay, but it's more what he does with it that's impressive. I don't care for his tone, but those notes and runs are SICKENING. "It's a Man's World" was a-maze.

Any of them could win, truthfully, but I think Jessica and Phillip will have a career outside of the show. They'd really have to take Joshua out of his comfort zone to make him successful.
Back to top Go down
Staciekins
Star Ruby
Star Ruby
Staciekins

Horse

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 7 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 7:53 am

The thing I hate about Joshua are his Runs... they drive me crazy. There's only so much screaming into a microphone can do for you (hence Fantasia Boreno... who I hate!).

Back to top Go down
.Michael.
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
.Michael.

Rat

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 7 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 8:13 am

They ARE a bit over the top, but some of them are RIDICULOUS! Admittedly, though, his wailing gets on my nerves sometimes. I just think he can sing his patootie off.

But I want Jessica to win. Girl derserves it with that voice. Just have her put some damn clothes on Laughing The outfits are super cute, just not appropriate for her age.
Back to top Go down
Pete
Host
Host
Pete

Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 7 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 8:36 am

I agree Michael on a lot of what you said. Volcanoes is easily Phillips best performance to date. I liked it enough I'm tempted to buy it off of itunes (if it is the song that was released, haven't looked). This was also the first performance from him I have liked since Still Rainin'

Jessica definitely does not dress her age, she sings songs that are far too mature for her. I feel that she does everything she can to imitate Beyonce or Jennifer Hudson or other similar singers and it usually comes off cheap. And I Am Telling You was amazing, no doubt, but was also not anything we haven't seen from Jennifer Hudson. Her performance of Proud Mary last week was absolutely appalling, being that Tina Turner is one of my all-time favorites, Jessica was just terrible.

Joshua isn't a terrible vocalist by any chance, but he isn't as amazing as he is made out to seem. He over sings an awful lot and has very little ability to refrain himself. Also he is basically a better version of Jacob Lusk, who was just horrible most of the time.

The thought of any of those 3 winning just saddens me. Easily the worst winner ever, regardless of who wins. None of them are going to have much success outside of Idol. Phillip has some chances but I don't think he'll do much better than Lee DeWyze, David Cook or Kris Allen has done. Jessica is like Pia from last season, great vocals but not much abillity beyond that, and I doubt her voice will translate into much success. Then Joshua will probably have a chance to have success on christian radio but nothing more than that
Back to top Go down
Staciekins
Star Ruby
Star Ruby
Staciekins

Horse

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 7 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 8:54 am

I agree Pete...

Jessica does have great vocals.. but the pop mainstream in which she would be marketed as, just has a million great girl vocal singers.. I think she'd sink in a sea full of the same talent. Joshua could make it on BET or any of our local rap/hip hop/R&B radio stations, but I don't listen to those so I don't think he'd break through to mainstream.
Phillip is the most marketable to me only because there's hardly a market with singers like him. He'd get played on an alternative radio station or maybe an easy listening station, but I listen to those, so I hope he wins only based on that reason.

I don't think they would be the worst winner though.. I think Fantasia is the worst... I think Ruben Studdard is pretty bad! Taylor Hicks could easily be the WORST EVER, and other than that, I am okay with who has won so far...
Back to top Go down
Pete
Host
Host
Pete

Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 7 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 9:28 am

I always liked Ruben, his albums haven't lived up to how he was on the show and I completely agree with that but I feel like he had a lot of potential when on the show. I don't see that with any of the final three this season. Granted I didn't really see it with Hollie either, but Skylar and Colton were the two with the most potential.

Taylor Hicks should never have won, though I didn't dislike him, I wasn't crazy about him.

I think Phillip may have a chance due to Dave Mathews Band's popularity but even they have been declining in popularity so I just don't see much of a market there. Out of the three he is the one I think has the most potential to prove me wrong

To me I'd list the winners + this seasons F3 as follows (this is just my opinion):

1 - Carrie Underwood
2 - Kelly Clarkson
3 - Kris Allen
4 - Jordin Sparks
5 - David Cook
6 - Ruben Studdard
7 - Scotty McCreery
8 - Lee DeWyze
9 - Taylor Hicks
10 - Phillip Phillips
11 - Jessica Sanchez
12 - Fantasia Barrino
13 - Joshua Ledet

so okay Fantasia is worse than Phillip and Jessica would be, but I wouldn't put them higher than any one else.

Also, I try to think of who I would buy singles or albums from and the only ones I have bought anything from is: Kelly, Carrie, Kris, David, Ruben & Jordin. Haven't liked anything from Scotty or Fantasia ever. Lee and Taylor only liked what they did immediately following and even that I didn't particularly care for.

I cannot see myself ever buying anything from the three finalist this year, though Phillip definitely has the potential to change my mind, just not a lot. Like I stated, his style is a lot like Dave Mathews and I don't like them so unless he changes his style a little I don't see me getting into him more than I like him now, which isn't much.

Who knows, it could all definitely change, just what I'm thinking.
Back to top Go down
Staciekins
Star Ruby
Star Ruby
Staciekins

Horse

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 7 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 9:33 am

I absolutely love DMB, and I've seen them in concert numerous times. I think that's why I like PP so much!

Back to top Go down
Pete
Host
Host
Pete

Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 7 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:04 am

Staciekins wrote:
I absolutely love DMB, and I've seen them in concert numerous times. I think that's why I like PP so much!

and it's probably why I don't care for him that much lol

I liked DMB first album, especially What Would You Say, but the only thing I liked after that album was Crash. I haven't liked anything else from them. Just my preference.
Back to top Go down
.Michael.
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
.Michael.

Rat

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 7 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:16 am

I would buy Jessica's album in an instant.

I won't buy the others without hearing the singles first, and I'd probably still skip Phil and Joshua's unless they were outstanding.

I detest most of the winners, actually. Katherine McPhee and Adam Lambert were robbed (have you seen SMASH?! SICKENING!) I love Kelly Clarkson and some Carrie Underwood, but I don't generally like country so I've never bought Carrie's album. I have ALL of Kelly's.

I also bought Jordin Sparks' album, and it was okay at best. I had higher hopes for her.

I'm a fan of Fantasia, but didn't buy the album. I could forget the other winners and not be missing anything.
Back to top Go down
Pete
Host
Host
Pete

Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 7 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 11:07 am

I couldn't stand Katherine McPhee, and prefer Kris Allen over Adam Lambert. I think once Chris Daughtry was eliminated S5 had no prayer of having a successful winner. I have seen Smash and Katherine is good in it but I think that is due to the growth and maturity since she was on idol. She really wasn't where she needed to be in order to be successful.

I like Adam Lambert a lot, but Kris Allen is easily one of my favorite idols ever, I'll buy everything he releases. Usually don't even care for his style of music, but I like his voice a lot. His first album is awesome, I like every song on it and have already pre-ordered his second album, which I cannot wait to listen to
Back to top Go down
.Michael.
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
.Michael.

Rat

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 7 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 11:25 am

Hmm... maybe I'll give some of his stuff a listen, then.
Back to top Go down
Niki
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Niki

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 7 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 12:45 pm

Aww poor Hollie American Idol Talk - Page 7 735214 I liked her!!

Phillip did really well this week. He wasn't so great the previous week but def. redeemed himself! American Idol Talk - Page 7 204853 I really hope he wins this thing!

I actually think Jessica did well this week too, especially with "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going." I usually am just kinda meh to her style
but really liked her rendition of this song.

Joshua.. *vomits* sooo sick of this dude.. just go home already. Knowingmy luck and the way the judges pimp him, he's gonna win.. I realllllly
want Phillip to win, but even Jessica winning over Joshua would be better. Can't stand Joshua. He always seems to screeechy and way over
the top.

Here is how I would rank the winners plus the final 3 according to my personal taste:

1. Kelly Clarkson
2. Kris Allen
3. Carrie Underwood
4. Phillip Phillips
5. Jordin Sparks
6. David Cook
7. Lee DeWyze
8. Jessica Sanchez
9. Taylor Hicks
10. Scotty McCreery
11. Fantasia Barino
12. Ruben Studdard
13. Joshua Ledet

And again, I have never actually had my top favorite win (although I did not see season 1, so don't know who my fave would have been cuz I only have ever heard Kelly and Justin from that season).

Here is my faves from each season (the first person listed is top fave, next is 2nd fave and so on..)

1. Didn't watch but love Kelly now
2. Clay Aiken, Kimberly Locke, Josh Gracin, Kimberly Caldwell
3. George Huff and La Toya London were the two I liked best. But overall this season SUCKED cuz even those two I wasn't obsessed with or anything.
4. Anthony Federov, Carrie Underwood, Vonzell Solomon
5. Elliot Yamin, Chris Daughtry, Ace Young
6. Gina Glocksen, Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis, Phil Stacey
7. David Archuleta, Carly Smithson, David Cook, David Hernandez
8. Adam Lambert, Kris Allen, Allison Iraheta, Anoop Desai, Alexis Grace
9. Siobhan Magnus, Tim Urban, Lee DeWyze, Katie Stevens
10. James Durbin, Stefano Langone
11. Colton Dixon, Skylar Laine, Phillip Phillips, Hollie Cavanaugh, Erika Van Pelt

As far as my personal fave idol OVERALL (not just the winners) my top fave is Adam Lambert.. by a mile!
Back to top Go down
Niki
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Niki

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 7 EmptySun May 20, 2012 8:41 pm

Hoping Phillip wins!! Smile He has REALLY grown on me in the past few weeks.. can't stop playing him now!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Talk   American Idol Talk - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

American Idol Talk
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next