ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Reality Gaming Planet

HomeHomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

LET ME LIIIIIVE!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jess
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Jess

Horse

LET ME LIIIIIVE!!! Empty
PostSubject: LET ME LIIIIIVE!!!   LET ME LIIIIIVE!!! EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 2:12 pm

K, so, my mom has always been very... protective, to put it nicely. Even when I was 18, I'd have to go tell her I was getting the mail, because she'd panic for the 15 seconds of being unsure where I was. When I moved an hour away, for school, she'd still call me every single night.

So needless to say, one of the reasons I was stoked about moving to England was that I'd finally get to live my own life. I turn 20 next month, but I'm treated like I'm 11. I stayed with family for the first two weeks of being here, and I moved to a nearby city on Sunday night, to start work. And today, I got a message from my aunt about how she promised my parents she'd keep an eye on me, so it was unacceptable that I hadn't called or emailed her in five days.

I'm in a different continent, and I still can't have a life without reporting my every move. I understand that they're worried about me and all that, but at my age, my dad was married and preparing to move to Canada. My mom was engaged to some guy my Grandma set her up with. My brother was 4 years younger than me when he moved out and my parents were fine with it, and they give my 16 year old sister way more freedom than I had last month when I stayed with my parents while I waited for my flight.

So why am I still so babied!? I'll be like, 30 and married and tell my parents I'm having a baby, and they'll probably yell at me about how irresponsible I am.
Back to top Go down
Amanda Leigh
Admin
Admin
Amanda Leigh

Cat

LET ME LIIIIIVE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LET ME LIIIIIVE!!!   LET ME LIIIIIVE!!! EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Boyd, my husband is 39 years old. He sets his alarm for 6:40am every morning so he can call his dad and let him know that he is awake and didnt sleep through his alarm. He then calls his dad when he gets to work, so he knows that Boyd made it safely through the Dallas Traffic. Then he calls his dad when he leaves work, and again when he arrives at home. ANYTIME we go somewhere, Boyd calls his father to let him know we are leaving the apartment and will be out for a while..... He also calls his dad EVERY SINGLE NIGHT and has for 14 years to let him know we are going to sleep.

His dad sounds like your parents. It used to bug the hell out of me that he would have to call his dad like he is some child "dad we are going to dinner" "dad we are going to the store" "dad we are going to amanda's sisters house" ..... etc etc etc....

It doesnt bother me so much anymore, but it still bothers Boyd. When I ask Boyd why he does these things he says that it's so his dad wont go mad with worry or bug us every 20 minutes. (his dad calls ALL THE FUCKING TIME).

Boyd has the patience of a saint.

I feel for you Jess.... I really do. But .... well, try to think of things like Boyd does.... its not so much that his dad doesnt trust him etc... but his dad worries.... .SO MUCH... about everything. Calling his dad all the fucking time is just to prevent his dad from having a heart attack.

Like one time... I was working as a receptionist at a bank. Boyd was supposed to pick up his brother from the college. Boyd got there a little early and he actually fell asleep in the car waiting on his brother to come out of class.

I get a phone call at work, from my apartment manager, stating that my father in law was in their office demanding they let him into our apartment to see if Boyd was inside,.... why? Because, BOYD DIDNT ANSWER HIS PHONE and his dad didnt know where he was.

I told the apartment manager that he COULD NOT go into the apartment because, Boyd and I had beer bottles all over the house..... and his dad.... doesnt know we drink... (or that i smoke or that i have tattoo's....) ... His dad got on the phone with me and cursed at me for not letting him into the apartment.

When I finally got a hold of Boyd and told him what was going on he said I did the right thing, cause we would have gotten a lecture about how alcohol is bad for you. Instead, he told his dad that the reason I said he couldnt go in our house to see if Boyd was there was because "I" left sex toys out......... THANKS BOYD...... I dont even HAVE sex toys.

His dad thought maybe someone broke into our apartment, knocked boyd unconcious and stole his keys thats why the door was locked and his car was gone.

W T F.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/vastfanatic
Doug
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Doug

Dragon

LET ME LIIIIIVE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LET ME LIIIIIVE!!!   LET ME LIIIIIVE!!! EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 4:27 pm

I could die, and my parents wouldn't know until one of my friends or co-worked noticed they hadn't seen me in awhile... which, depending on whether I worked or not that week, could be anywhere from two to five days.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/profile.php?ref=name&
MoMo
MoMo

Pig

LET ME LIIIIIVE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LET ME LIIIIIVE!!!   LET ME LIIIIIVE!!! EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 8:01 pm

The first two stories are hilarious...the third one just depressing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LET ME LIIIIIVE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LET ME LIIIIIVE!!!   LET ME LIIIIIVE!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

LET ME LIIIIIVE!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ORG Planet :: ORG Planet Site Archives :: Misc. Site Archives-
Jump to: