ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Reality Gaming Planet

HomeHomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dads and Birthdays

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dj
dj

Dads and Birthdays Empty
PostSubject: Dads and Birthdays   Dads and Birthdays EmptyThu May 27, 2010 12:17 am

So my dad's birthday is coming up and I have no idea what to get him.

He doesn't really read books.

And he listens to music? But only in his truck. No cds or anything like that, really....

What else could I do? Any suggestions?

Also I'm working on his bday so I'm not really around anyway. So the idea of doing something with him will probably happen Sunday (his bday is Monday)....
Back to top Go down
MoMo
MoMo

Pig

Dads and Birthdays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dads and Birthdays   Dads and Birthdays EmptyThu May 27, 2010 1:52 am

My mom's birthday is coming up, and she's actually kind of impossible to shop for. I don't think anyone's got her an acceptable gift that she didn't pick out herself. And yes, she and my aunt do that all the time, and then they open eachother's gifts that they already picked out and are like "How did you know???" and it's annoying.
Back to top Go down
Doug
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Doug

Dragon

Dads and Birthdays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dads and Birthdays   Dads and Birthdays EmptyThu May 27, 2010 9:42 pm

I finally, after 18 years (this was a while back) figure out the formula for getting stuff for my mom: 1 DVD set + 1 practical gift = a pleased Mrs. Fink.

I dunno why this works, but it does. If the practical gift is alone, she's dissatisfied; if it's just the DVD set, she's dissatisfied, but should you put em together, it's gold. Pure. Gold.

My dad? I don't even get him gifts. It sounds really bitchy and bitter, but he doesn't get us anything for Christmas, Birthdays, etc. My mom does all the shopping, and I don't really care that much about the actual material aspect of the gifts, but when a parent gets you something that you really like or really wanted, it shows they're paying attention. My dad pays no attention at all, has never bought me a gift, so I just decided I wouldn't either. It's caused a couple awkward situations, but whatever; he's too dumb to understand.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/profile.php?ref=name&
MoMo
MoMo

Pig

Dads and Birthdays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dads and Birthdays   Dads and Birthdays EmptyThu May 27, 2010 10:55 pm

HA! I think that's funny about your dad, and I agree with you. Sometimes, because she knows I can't afford much, my mom will call me up at Christmas and be like "I got Gramma a present from you, and blah and blah" and I get mad at her because like...while I appreciate her doing that because I can't afford to get everyone the presents I would like...I don't like watching them open a present or whatever and my Gramma will be soooooooo happy with it and it wasn't even from me. And my mom doesn't understand why that upsets me when I tell her to stop. Like, I would at least like to pick out the gift myself even if I couldn't afford it, HAHA!

Also the only thing I ever got my mom since childhood that she loved was her own perfume. Like, when I was a kid I could get her lizard earrings and she would wear them all the time but even when I get her some nice jewlery or whatever now she's like "yeah...that's nice..." and when I ask her what she wants she's like "Well you could always get me like a gold bracelet, not gold plated." And then me and my aunt laugh at her (my aunt has the same problem with her) because we're like "You'll shoot down everything we could get you and then be like "This thing that costs $500, that would be adequate." But the perfume thing, which I did two years ago for her birthday, was hire this awesome girl who makes personalized perfume and they met together and picked out scents she liked and made a perfume just for her and my mom still talks about it how it's the best present ever, but I haven't gotten close since then. Also that cost $800 and that was with a "Veronica Sent Me" discount, HAHAHA!!!

So her birthday is in like 3 weeks...still got nothing.
Back to top Go down
Amanda Leigh
Admin
Admin
Amanda Leigh

Cat

Dads and Birthdays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dads and Birthdays   Dads and Birthdays EmptyFri May 28, 2010 3:00 pm

I dont shop for my parents on their bday's really. My dad never. He never gets me anything on my birthday either. He might take me out to dinner, MAYBE... if he is around to do so living 2 hours from me. My Mom, well, her birthday is the same day as my sister Chelsea's. We usually just celebrate Chelsea's birthday with gifts and cake since she is still a teenager. She will be 17 in September. My mom is going to be 59. IF I get my mom something, its usually some kind of knickknack that she can set on her desk at work or something for her home. I've gotten her gift cards a time or two to Best Buy. She bought a case once for her Purple Ipod. My mom always loves smell good stuff, lotion, bathgel, candles and the like. .... My dad? He likes guns... he likes knives... he likes survivor and his Harley. I wouldnt really know what to get a man for his birthday. Im really no help, why did I even reply? lol

Good Luck Gift Shopping.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/vastfanatic
Sadie Jane
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
Sadie Jane

Dads and Birthdays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dads and Birthdays   Dads and Birthdays EmptySun May 30, 2010 1:08 pm

Rear Admiral MoMo wrote:
But the perfume thing, which I did two years ago for her birthday, was hire this awesome girl who makes personalized perfume and they met together and picked out scents she liked and made a perfume just for her and my mom still talks about it how it's the best present ever, but I haven't gotten close since then.

That is the problem with getting a parent (or anyone) an awesome present! You can never live up to it after the fact. Whenever I get my mom something nice for Christmas she gushes about how I am the best present giver, and then its like shit I have a lot to live up to and there is no way I am going to be able to do it!!!

Oh and I really don't get my parents birthday presents. They get a phone call. Sometimes a card if I remember it.
Back to top Go down
MoMo
MoMo

Pig

Dads and Birthdays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dads and Birthdays   Dads and Birthdays EmptySun May 30, 2010 2:43 pm

It's horrible being so wonderful sometimes, ISN'T IS SADIE??????
Back to top Go down
Sadie Jane
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
Sadie Jane

Dads and Birthdays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dads and Birthdays   Dads and Birthdays EmptySun May 30, 2010 6:55 pm

Exactly!!! Amazing people have it rough. So many expectations to live up to! It would be easier to be a hermit and live in a cave in the woods, or have Cam build me a rockin quigloo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dads and Birthdays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dads and Birthdays   Dads and Birthdays Empty

Back to top Go down

Dads and Birthdays
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ORG Planet :: ORG Planet Site Archives :: Misc. Site Archives-
Jump to: