ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Reality Gaming Planet

HomeHomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kentridge

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MoMo
MoMo

Pig

Kentridge Empty
PostSubject: Kentridge   Kentridge EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 11:19 am

I went to MOMA this weekend with my mom for Easter, it was a lot of fun. I really wanted to go there before their exhibition on William Kentridge went away. He is certainly one of my idols, I think all of his work is amazing. And I went there thinking that like, there'd just be one new thing, as every exhibit that I've seen of his has been. But it's AMAZING, they have every film he's ever done, and both The Magic Flute, Black Box, and his newest work, The Nose. It's all so good. And we spent like 5 hours just watching all his work. I want to go back. I've seen everything there before except for "Trip To The Moon" and "The Nose" but I still want to see it all again. He does the most stunning work and I love the man. I got interested in him because I had a teacher in college who is a friend of his and she showed his films and let us do extra credit work on him and she like, fell in love with me, because me and this other girl were the only ones that cared and I happened to mention that his work really reminded me of Max Beckmann who is my favorite artist in the world, and she said that he was going to be teaching a class at Frankfurt university on Beckmann in the fall, HAHAHA! Yeah, she loved me for that. I got an A in every class of hers I took after that without having to do a thing. Not even exaggerating.

Anyway, I couldn't find my favorite thing of his on YouTube but this is one of his pieces from the Felix & Soho series....

Sobriety, Obesity & Growing Old

and this is a piece he did called "Black Box" which is absolutely amazing. He build a little stage with these mechanical puppets in it and projected all this stuff on it.

and finally, his most recent (well, there was an Opera he did after this but I can't really find much about it) work was a production of The Magic Flute...
Back to top Go down
Amanda Leigh
Admin
Admin
Amanda Leigh

Cat

Kentridge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentridge   Kentridge EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 5:33 pm

I just found this thread. I dont know kentridge.... but im glad you had fun with your mom on easter weekend Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/vastfanatic
MoMo
MoMo

Pig

Kentridge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentridge   Kentridge EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 7:30 pm

It was soooooo much fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kentridge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentridge   Kentridge Empty