ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Reality Gaming Planet

HomeHomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DAY 1 BEGINS

Go down 
+9
Niki
Henry
.Michael.
Green Monster
Shanna
Pete
Staciekins
Sasquatch
Amanda Leigh
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Staciekins
Star Ruby
Star Ruby
Staciekins

Horse

DAY 1 BEGINS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAY 1 BEGINS   DAY 1 BEGINS - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 6:57 am

lol, That's cool.  I don't know that I'm for random lottery voting.  I think we should lynch, but I agree with Sasquatch, maybe we should wait and see if someone says something that sparks our interest.  I can guarantee though, I'm a nobody.  Voting on me would be a waste.
Back to top Go down
.Michael.
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
.Michael.

Rat

PostSubject: Re: DAY 1 BEGINS   DAY 1 BEGINS - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 10:06 am

I agree with Kyle and Jeremy.  The odds are in the baddie's favor for a round 1 lynch, and in a game of numbers lynching someone on the off-chance that they MIGHT be bad seems counter-productive.
Back to top Go down
Niki
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Niki

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: DAY 1 BEGINS   DAY 1 BEGINS - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 12:01 pm

This was exactly my point! There are far more good roles and innocents than bad roles.

I'm at work but will post my thoughts tonight when I get home and have my laptop.
Jeremy wrote:
Hello, everyone.  Personally, I've never been in a mafia game where we've killed someone with no evidence the first round (that I can remember).  Someone here said that sure, we might get lucky, but the math is telling us that it's more likely we'll end up with two dead innocents, instead of one killer and one innocent.  That person is completely correct- it's better to have an informed lynch, instead of a wild one.  You never make the first move in battle.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/XmypaperheartXX
Henry
Arbiter
Arbiter
Henry

Pig

PostSubject: Re: DAY 1 BEGINS   DAY 1 BEGINS - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 2:39 pm

I agree with Sasquatch and Stacie.  Sitting around and letting them get a free kill only helps the killers.  I used to be more with the other group, but the more Mafia games I play, the more I am seeing that they can kill someone of use round one and then everyone scrambles going, "oh crap, now what do we do".  Once the you know, bodyguard or seer or whoever is dead.  In a game of numbers, letting the bad guys get a free kill is equally as counter-productive.  

But of course lemme point out the obvious......we need a majority of us to think this way, in order to actually get something done.  And I do see the other pov.  It'd suck ass if we lynch the bodyguard or seer, etc.  Thats why this game is rough. It's all speculation.
Back to top Go down
Pete
Host
Host
Pete

Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: DAY 1 BEGINS   DAY 1 BEGINS - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 6:47 pm

Right now I am going to place a vote, more to get someone talking than to lynch them (if people start jumping on this vote I will switch my vote). 

I am voting for Donna

The reason for this is that every single game we play she plays the exact same way, and do to this she is almost always impossible to get a good read on, which makes her probably the most dangerous person if she is mafia.

Donna, I'm only voting for you cause I'd like you to give us your thoughts on everyone, once you do I will take my vote off of you and then I'll vote for another for the same reason. I think random votes sometimes help us all learn stuff to help us going forward.
Back to top Go down
Amanda Leigh
Admin
Admin
Amanda Leigh

Cat

PostSubject: Re: DAY 1 BEGINS   DAY 1 BEGINS - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 8:32 pm

Deadline for day 1
Wednesday, June 19th 11:59pm EST

Majority Needs 7 votes.

Votes:
Stacie 1 vote of 7 - Kiwi
Donna 1 vote of 7 - Pete

Pending Votes: 10
Donna, Green Monster, Henry, Jeremy, Kyle, Michael, Niki, Sasquatch, Shanna, Stacie

Last edited by Amanda Leigh on Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/vastfanatic
Shanna
Star Quartz
Star Quartz

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: DAY 1 BEGINS   DAY 1 BEGINS - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 8:46 pm

Oddly enough, I kinda had Donna as a suspect in my mind, hence my other post. She does always play the same and is by far the hardest to get a read off of. I had a suspicion of her being a killer once, and I was right. I'm not entirely convinced, as of yet, that she is worthy of my vote right now. In my post earlier, I just wanted to call out the people who play quiet because those people tend to be killers, at least from what I've seen in the past.

After reading over what you all discussed today (I worked a double and couldn't get on till now), I agree that we should lynch, but eventually. I never meant "let's lynch RIGHT NOW!" I don't think it's smart to do it right now, but I still would like to see something done before the end of this 'day'. I just find it frustrating when a town sits around and does nothing the first two/three rounds and then is like "oh shit, the killers are winning!" because by that time, it's either too late or... not as fun. The killers win when the town can't make decisions!

What say you?
Back to top Go down
Pete
Host
Host
Pete

Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: DAY 1 BEGINS   DAY 1 BEGINS - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 10:38 pm

I agree with you on everything you said Shanna and that is why I voted for Donna, to get her to really get involved, and there are others that are playing similarly but due to how hard to read Donna is, that is why I started with her.

We have til tomorrow night to come to a decision, whether it is to not lynch or to lynch someone. I think at this point I am leaning towards a no lynch for day 1 but no matter what we really need to rally together and take someone out day 2, and every other day after that
Back to top Go down
Sasquatch
Star Struck
Star Struck

PostSubject: Re: DAY 1 BEGINS   DAY 1 BEGINS - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 10:58 pm

Has anyone not posted yet?
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Star Quartz
Star Quartz

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: DAY 1 BEGINS   DAY 1 BEGINS - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 12:08 am

Everybody has said something, yes...
Back to top Go down
Donna
Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire
Donna

PostSubject: Re: DAY 1 BEGINS   DAY 1 BEGINS - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 5:36 am

Well, I'm not the killer. To me the suspects are kiwi and Pete since if they were a killer, they would know who is innocent and nom them to try to get valuable players out early. 

So I vote for Pete!  
Back to top Go down
Niki
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Niki

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: DAY 1 BEGINS   DAY 1 BEGINS - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 11:41 am

I do understand the points being made about Donna. She does always play the same way and I remember a few times ago when she ended up being a killer I was shocked. So that can def be dangerous.

As far as Kiwi goes, I don't think Kiwi is suspicious right now.. for anyone who has played in these games on ORG before, we all know Kiwi LOVES to lynch.. lol. He's always joking about gettin his lynching rope ready. So that is nothing new IMO. I'm not saying he is innocent.. but I just wanted to point out that his lynching early really means nothing.
Back to top Go down
Niki
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Niki

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: DAY 1 BEGINS   DAY 1 BEGINS - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 11:43 am

Also.. I notice we have a lot of new people playing.. which is awesome! But one thing I thought of is.. I wonder if any of them are playing as aliases.. meaning, I wonder if any users here decided to play as an alias this game so as to throw people off who know their gameplay.

Is there anyone who usually plays these games who isn't this time?
Back to top Go down
Green Monster
Star Struck
Star Struck
Green Monster

PostSubject: Re: DAY 1 BEGINS   DAY 1 BEGINS - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 12:01 pm

In answer ro Niki's question of newbies, I can't speak on behalf of all, but for my part this is most definitely my first game of any knd played out on this board.
Back to top Go down
Pete
Host
Host
Pete

Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: DAY 1 BEGINS   DAY 1 BEGINS - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 12:07 pm

I knew you would react that way and vote for me Donna, but please give us more info instead of just doing a revenge vote. What do you think of everyone else? Do you suspect me and Kiwi only because we voted for someone or did we do something else that makes us suspicious to you? Go through everyone and let us know how you think they are acting.
Back to top Go down
Henry
Arbiter
Arbiter
Henry

Pig

PostSubject: Re: DAY 1 BEGINS   DAY 1 BEGINS - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 2:23 pm

For my two cents, not that they're needed, but I would wager at least one of the killers if not both, are being darn quiet, biding their time, and watching us run around like chickens with their heads cut off.  It's what killers "do".  I highly doubt Donna or Pete is a killer, and Stacie doesn't seem especially guilty either.  

But that isn't especially helpful, as there's only a handful of people who've been particularly talkitive.....so not 1 person really stands out above the rest as like: yes (s)he is being super guilty-looking.  And it's like ok, so if it's none of them, who IS it. And, ugh, I don't know. No
Back to top Go down
Jeremy
Winner
Winner
Jeremy

Tiger

PostSubject: Re: DAY 1 BEGINS   DAY 1 BEGINS - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 2:53 pm

The alias thing Niki brought up is really interesting and smart. Do host generally hand out roles randomly, or are they hand-picked based on the people that sign up?  Knowing that would definitely help us move in the right direction. 

And I kind of feel bad about all the Donna targeting because she plays the 'same way.'  What way is that, exactly?  I'm sure that could be said about a lot of us. Wouldn't it be more suspicious if she was acting differently instead?
Back to top Go down
Staciekins
Star Ruby
Star Ruby
Staciekins

Horse

PostSubject: Re: DAY 1 BEGINS   DAY 1 BEGINS - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 3:19 pm

Supposedly they're generally handed out, and I do believe that for the most part.  I also think their may be some aliases in our game, but not many people would know who they were... =/
Back to top Go down
Amanda Leigh
Admin
Admin
Amanda Leigh

Cat

PostSubject: Re: DAY 1 BEGINS   DAY 1 BEGINS - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 5:57 pm

Deadline for day 1
Wednesday, June 19th 11:59pm EST

Majority Needs 7 votes.

Votes:
Stacie 1 vote of 7 - Kiwi
Donna 1 vote of 7 - Pete
Pete 1 vote of 7 - Donna

Pending Votes: 9
Green Monster, Henry, Jeremy, Kyle, Michael, Niki, Sasquatch, Shanna, Stacie
Back to top Go down
Amanda Leigh
Admin
Admin
Amanda Leigh

Cat

PostSubject: Re: DAY 1 BEGINS   DAY 1 BEGINS - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 5:59 pm

I will confirm that there are no alias's in the game. I also random.org'd the roles. cat
Back to top Go down
Amanda Leigh
Admin
Admin
Amanda Leigh

Cat

PostSubject: Re: DAY 1 BEGINS   DAY 1 BEGINS - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 6:08 pm

Less than five hours until the deadline to lynch someone if you are going to do so. If you do not, I will lock the thread at the deadline and announce instructions for Night 1.
Back to top Go down
Green Monster
Star Struck
Star Struck
Green Monster

PostSubject: Re: DAY 1 BEGINS   DAY 1 BEGINS - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 6:40 pm

Funny there should be a comment about how quiet killers usually are early on. I can see here why knowing people's personal styles & characteristics are certainly a help in this way. I know there are a few people that have already drawn votes against them based on these preconceptions. I have no such vantage, so while others may want to press ahead with a lynch I will be refraining from doing so. Simply it is a shot in the dark at the moment, whereas if we wait, yes it will cost us, but the benefits is we can then perhaps get some additional leads to go on and we are not losing a second person unneccesarily.

So I will not be voting to lynch. But that is just me.
Back to top Go down
Niki
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Niki

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: DAY 1 BEGINS   DAY 1 BEGINS - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 7:32 pm

Thanks for the info, Mandie.

I really don't see ANYONE specific as suspicious yet, so unless someone convinces me otherwise before the deadline I won't be lynching.
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Star Quartz
Star Quartz

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: DAY 1 BEGINS   DAY 1 BEGINS - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 7:59 pm

Well, I guess even if I bitch and complain there won't be a lynch tonight. Fair enough, I agree that nobody has really struck out as being more suspicious that usual. I just hate to see the killers have an edge on us so soon in the game, but hopefully we can manage to come together as a town next round.

Just throwing my two cents in, I agree with Henry about everyone... and to even think Kiwi is acting any differently than he normally does in regards to lynching... not smart.

Anyway, I suppose I don't have anything of value to contribute, so I'll shut up before I get started Smile
Back to top Go down
Pete
Host
Host
Pete

Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: DAY 1 BEGINS   DAY 1 BEGINS - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 8:46 pm

this will be my last post for the night as I gotta get to bed soon and am in the middle of playing The Last of Us so yeah I'll be busy doing that lol.

Anyways, I am retracting my vote from Donna like I had said I would. Hopefully she brings more conversation and such on day 2.

I agree, Kiwi isn't acting any differently, though neither is Donna. The reason I pointed her out wasn't to say I felt she was being suspicious but more to try and get her more involved in the conversation which I don't think really worked but hopefully it will.

I agree, no lynch at this point. Truly never felt we should lynch but I didn't wanna let the Mafia think that we were just going to give them a free pass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DAY 1 BEGINS   DAY 1 BEGINS - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

DAY 1 BEGINS
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next