ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.

Online Reality Gaming Planet

HomeHomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

PoV #5

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shanna
Star Quartz
Star Quartz

Dragon

PostSubject: PoV #5   Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:28 pm

Alright.. I doubt I'm doing this correctly but this is my understanding of what you said. I dunno how detailed these need to be but since I have to do so many posts... gunna assume... not very detailed?

Hiking up a mountain? Never being on to actually hike, particularly up mountains, the task ahead seems rather dramatic and unexpected... or as unexpected in a game such as this as I could be. I took a quick moment to secure the rope attached to me. No matter how high up I go, I doubt intend on falling to my death. Slowly I looked up, letting out a long sigh seeing the height I was about to face. My hand found itself up to the first visible crack and i lifted my weight up, praying not to die.
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Star Quartz
Star Quartz

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: PoV #5   Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:32 pm

The first few steps didn't seem so bad. My feet seemed to find all the cracks with ease as my hand continued to reach up, never missing a beat. i did my best never to actually look down, knowing it would be my downfall if I did. Never-the-less, I couldn't hold back the urge to look up every so often. As I did, I only became more discouraged.
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Star Quartz
Star Quartz

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: PoV #5   Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:36 pm

After another few steps I became aware of the sun beaming down on me and the amount of sweat it caused. It only made griping into the small holes even worse. My hand reached up and I was about to jump to another, clearer patch but managed to stop before my hand suddenly gave out.
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Star Quartz
Star Quartz

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: PoV #5   Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:39 pm

Thankfully as I got to the clear path, I was on my feet and no longer had to do 'that'. looking at the small dirt covered path ahead oh me, I left out another sigh. I took a few long steps, hoping that I may get there fast before I realized I had a long way to go. Looking ahead of me, all I could see was how high the mountain was. Clearly running, or sprinting weren't going to do me any favours. I looked around towards the grassier areas that still remained and found a decent sized walking stick. It may not be the best, but it would have to work as I continued down the never ending path.
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Star Quartz
Star Quartz

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: PoV #5   Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:44 pm

I SWEAR IT SAID 8:40!!!! LIES!!!! I'm gunna continue on.. please.. uh.. forgive Smile

I could all but taste the chill in the air as I started making some real distance towards the sky. While it was still sunny below, I was heading towards the clouds. The air was definitely thicker and every inhale seemed to take more energy than it should. I could feel by body protest to the treatment, my endurance faltering at every step. Shit, I still had ways to go.
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Star Quartz
Star Quartz

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: PoV #5   Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:48 pm

Oh.. and I totally thought we were climbing a mountain.. like... climbing? not hiking.. read it wrong so.. that's why I suck.

There were no longer any birds around, as the chill began to sink into my bones. My breath was visible at every exhale. I pushed the scarf I was wearing over my mouth, hoping to keep myself even warmer. Being reminded how cold I was with so much distance ahead of me would only prove to discourage me.
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Star Quartz
Star Quartz

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: PoV #5   Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:52 pm

My bones ached. I could barely manage to move the stick in front of me. It was more like I was dragging myself up the mountain as oppose to hiking up. No matter how fit you are, the cold chill and lack of clear air just seems to sink low into your soul, making the task that much more difficult
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Star Quartz
Star Quartz

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: PoV #5   Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:56 pm

I stopped for a quick moment to catch my breath and couldn't help but admire the oddly shaped rocks surrounding me. It was almost magical, being in a place so full of nature. While the temperature sucked and the air was tough to breath in, the beauty being so high up had compared to nothing else.
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Star Quartz
Star Quartz

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: PoV #5   Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:00 pm

There was no sound to be heard with the exception of my feet crashing onto the ground. Well, that and my heavy breathing but it did nothing to ruin the moment. Being surrounded by nothing but true nature in front and behind me was breathtaking.
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Star Quartz
Star Quartz

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: PoV #5   Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:04 pm

Another couple of miles before the sound of rocks beneath me was replaced by the soft crunch of snow. If I thought I was cold earlier, I was wrong. The higher I got, the more snow came. It was getting much harder to breath, breath starting to sound raspier than it normally would.
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Star Quartz
Star Quartz

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: PoV #5   Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:08 pm

The snow started to get thick, making every step more of a challenge. Gone was the fluffy, powdery snow you could have snow ball fights in. This snow seemed glued to the ground and sucked by feet into the hole at every step. My steps got smaller and I found myself relying more and more on my friendly stick to hold my weight up.
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Star Quartz
Star Quartz

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: PoV #5   Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:12 pm

While I was only about halfway up the mountain, I could feel my body start to protest and my mind was beginning to dwell on the more negative aspects. Still, at least I hadn't run into any sort of animal life, knowing full well the dangers that await those whole traveled alone.
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Star Quartz
Star Quartz

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: PoV #5   Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:16 pm

The snow starter blowing harder into my eyes, sky no longer showing the beautiful sun. I had placed a pair of goggles over my eyes, though the didn't seemed to help as the snow and wind hit me full force. I was almost there and would be rewarded for my triumph... if I could brave the weather that I knew would only get worse.
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Star Quartz
Star Quartz

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: PoV #5   Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:20 pm

As I got climbed ever higher up the mountain I stopped to take a small sip of water, not willing myself to press forward until I actually got some. Couldn't risk dehydration. As soon as I did I could feel the ground begin to crumble under me and had no choice but to run as the snow quickly disappeared into nothing, barely escaping a near death experience... I would definitely have to be more careful where I rested.
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Star Quartz
Star Quartz

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: PoV #5   Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:24 pm

I continued onward, barely stopping for the break my body craved. I was 3/4 of the way there and couldn't afford to stop now and risk my life. Though exhilarating, I wanted to be able to tell this tale to my friends.. not end up as a corpse. I eventually made it to a pause in the 'path' I had been following. Looking up, there was about a 8 foot wall to climb to continue even higher. I tried not to seem to defeated as I reached into my bag and pulled out two axes. I put my stick into a little hut in the bag and bug the axe into the icy side of the wall.
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Star Quartz
Star Quartz

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: PoV #5   Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:28 pm

Climbing up the wall wasn't as challenging as I would have imagined, the pick of the axe always finding its way into the ice. It was mainly the act of lifting my body up every turn that seemed to kill away at my spirit. As soon as I managed to pull myself up to the top, I took a moment to look down and admire the distance I'd actually traveled. The snow seemed strong and I allowed myself this moment.
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Star Quartz
Star Quartz

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: PoV #5   Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:32 pm

While I was down, The air was beginning to become unbearable. I couldn't catch my breath room my actions and quickly reached into my pag and pulled out a mask. The higher up I got, the less air the was. I knew I had to be close to the top and quickly packed my things and grabbed my stick, determined to finsih this once and for all.
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Star Quartz
Star Quartz

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: PoV #5   Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:36 pm

There it was! I could see it! It wasn't much, but only a few feet in front of me stood a tiny flag. I could barely make it out though all the snow blowing across my goggles, but it was there. Forgetting about my total exhaustion, I quickly ran towards it, feeling as though I was literally on top of the world. It wasn't too large of a statement to make. Although I didn't struggle as much or travel as high as others, I was finally at the top!
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Star Quartz
Star Quartz

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: PoV #5   Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:38 pm

Dunno if I till have to write stuff out... it wasn't really clear? I guess this is what happens when you leave this to the last second.

I heard a plane over ahead of me and reached into my bag to light a flare. I didn't wanna walk down this mountain.
Back to top Go down
The Oracle
Lucky Star
Lucky Star

PostSubject: Re: PoV #5   Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:38 pm

The member 'Shanna' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Dice1' : 5
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Star Quartz
Star Quartz

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: PoV #5   Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:41 pm

I... uh.. only did dice and 1... i think I need to do 100....
Back to top Go down
The Oracle
Lucky Star
Lucky Star

PostSubject: Re: PoV #5   Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:41 pm

'Dice100' : 79
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Star Quartz
Star Quartz

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: PoV #5   Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:43 pm

Alright... if you could.. not count my first roll? I totally hit the wrong button. I'm a total ditz!
Back to top Go down
The Oracle
Lucky Star
Lucky Star

PostSubject: Re: PoV #5   Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:43 pm

'Dice100' : 9
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Star Quartz
Star Quartz

Dragon