ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Reality Gaming Planet

HomeHomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is this a good deal?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MoMo
MoMo

Pig

Is this a good deal? Empty
PostSubject: Is this a good deal?   Is this a good deal? EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 3:04 am

I was at Best Buy today taking pictures of the Christmas Presents that I'm going to buy people next week after I get paid when I came across a really interesting deal (for myself, which is always the best part of Christmas Shopping isn't it?)...

32 inch Flatscreen HDTV with built in Blueray player for $420...it's Insignia brand. This seems like a great deal to me, I've been wanting to get an HDTV for a year and haven't had the money for it because ones that size usually go for like $600 and I've never (litterally) spent more than $60 on a TV so I really know nothing about this and I feel like it's a good idea and I should just buy it before it's gone and Best Buy laughs at me....but....is it really a good deal? Does anyone have any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Doug
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Doug

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good deal?   Is this a good deal? EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 3:10 am

It sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Have you checked the combined price of the individual products. Like how much would an equivalent television cost plus a blue ray player?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/profile.php?ref=name&
MoMo
MoMo

Pig

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good deal?   Is this a good deal? EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 3:39 am

well, it's more about the brand than it is about the combined thing because I don't really know Insignia and it was like the only thing that cheap.
Back to top Go down
Doug
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Doug

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good deal?   Is this a good deal? EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 3:57 am

I mean, I've heard of it, and I don't think it's especially bad... I can't say I know much about it though. Look up customer reviews?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/profile.php?ref=name&
Jess
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Jess

Horse

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good deal?   Is this a good deal? EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 6:42 am

Insignia sucks. Take it from someone who worked at Future Shop, lol (...which is owned by Best Buy, if you didn't know). Insignia is a BB/FS exclusive brand, meaning we buy poorly made products for dirt cheaper and still make a huge profit off of them.

When I was trying to buy a tv for my dorm room, I would have been able to get a 28 inch Insignia, or a 20 inch LG. All my friends back in Home Theatre told me to stay far away from Insignia, even if it meant getting a smaller tv for the same price.

That being said, if you want to go ahead and get it, just make sure you get the product service plan! They will fix the tv if ANYTHING goes wrong for up to 2, 3, or 4 years (when I last worked there, those were the year incriminates you could buy, at least). Pixel damage, poor picture, audio is shot, etc. etc. they will fix it. And if it's too hard to fix, they'll replace it. If it's 4 years later and that model isn't being made any more, they'll give you a step up. For example, my DVD recorder stopped recording DVDs after owning it for a year and a half. I took it in, and since the model wasn't being made any more, they let me pick out a bluray player that was roughly the same price as what I had paid for it. Granted, they were lenient with me since they all knew me, but they would usually just hand you over to a salesperson, who would determine what TV/Blueray combo wasn't closest- yet a step up- to your old one. The only things the PSP doesn't cover is physical damage and water damage, both of which are pretty hard to do to a tv, lol.

The PSP usually costs between $100-$350, depending on the quality and price of the tv, and length of the plan. But trust me- it is WORTH IT. I've never had to NOT use mine, lol. My MP3 player broke, so they replaced it. It broke again, so they replaced it. It broke again, so they just gave me a $300 gift card instead, even though I had already owned the MP3 player for almost 3 years and it was a piece of crap one that I bought for $300 but had since been dropped down to $60 bucks. I used that gift card (and some of my own money) to buy an iPod Touch instead, lol.

I had also bought a speaker dock for said MP3 player. It had always given me some problems, but not enough for me to take it back. But, a but after MP3 player was sent in, I took that in too, and they gave me $200 for it, since it was discontinued a few years ago.

Another example: My laptop is stupid. The hard drive has crashed twice. Both times, I took it in, they sent it in, replaced the hard drive, and sent it back within 10 days, no charge. And, if it happens once more, Future Shop will give me a whole new laptop, since that would mean mine is a lemon, lol. Because if you have PSP and an item breaks 3 times in that time period, it's deemed a lemon and you get a new product.

But yes. Insignia sucks, but it's manageable if you get the PSP. Because if it's going to be crappy, you'll know it within the first 2, 3, or 4 years, lol.
Back to top Go down
MoMo
MoMo

Pig

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good deal?   Is this a good deal? EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 7:19 am

Thanks Jessica! I'll keep that in mind, if it's really not that great of a brand maybe I'll steer clear of it, but maybe I can see how much the PSP will cost me if I look at it further and see if like, it is no longer a 'deal' as far as price. But that was all really helpful, thank you very much!
Back to top Go down
Jess
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Jess

Horse

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good deal?   Is this a good deal? EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 7:22 am

Since the PSP is always priced according to the make and price, it might actually be really cheap right now, making it all a good deal. Unless they didn't change the PSP price, and only the product choice, which would make it fail, lol.

But it's no problem! I mean, I was only a cashier, but I still knew the basics of the store. I like advising people on this stuff, lol
Back to top Go down
MoMo
MoMo

Pig

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good deal?   Is this a good deal? EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 7:28 am

Well I'll be sure to come to you directly with further issues, HAHAHA!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good deal?   Is this a good deal? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is this a good deal?
Page 1 of 1