ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Reality Gaming Planet

HomeHomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General Game Outline

Go down 
AuthorMessage
derB
Host
Host
derB

Buffalo

General Game Outline Empty
PostSubject: General Game Outline   General Game Outline EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 1:24 pm

Welcome to Mafia: Death Note

=============================================================================
*The Kiras are among you now. be warned, they can kill at will, without appearing to lift a finger, and they are taking it upon themselves to pass judgement on mankind with this power. You have been locked in a secure building, surrounded by military agents- you are now the captive top suspects of "L". If you do not produce the identity of the 'human weapons' from among yourselves within 24 hours, for the safety of the city, our orders are to eliminate all of you. That is all.*
"L"

(Patience is strained to it's breaking point, as the reality of the situation settles in)

"....Alright, who's the sick bastard? We got lives and families of our own, you prick! Just give yourself up so we can all go home! Why should you get to decide whether I live or die?
I'll interrogate every last one of you until you admit it! I am NOT dying here for your sick crusade! Who in the hell do you think you are?"

"Damnit! It's right there, all I have to do is squeeze through that duct and I am out of here! But how am I gonna be able to do that with so many of these... idiots...being able to see my every move? I didn't plan on it happening like this... I guess I will just have to take them out, too... And did he say... Kiras? Does that mean I'm not the only one...?

=============================================================================

I want this game to have as few restrictions as possible.
Game play can be as flexible and and creative as you want it to be
within the confines of these few rules:

The game will be played using aliases. For game integrity, please keep your identity a secret. Plus, you get to act anonymously, how cool is that?! PLEASE do not alter the accounts in any way, leave the avatars, passwords, etc as they are. You may, however, change the time zone settings for your account to match your own timezone.

ALSO, remember to sign out of your alias account before you go posting anywhere else in the board! ^_^

The game has a time limit. Each day we play this game, it counts as one hour in game time. Once the game begins, you all have 24 days to complete your objective. If by the final second on the 23rd day either team has not won, all suspects will be eliminated on the spot, and everyone loses.

No player is aware of another players role at the beginning of the game, even the Kira don't know who the others are.

Please, discuss things at will, in the General Discussion thread with your zodiac account. The Kira accounts may not be used to communicate outside the Deathnote Thread. It is up to you as an individual to decide what is fact and what is fiction in this game, maybe it would be best to be doubtful of your group. I would be banking on the fact that anything and everything will be said by both parties to get the upper hand.* I look forward to the banter! Smile

*NO screen caps, NO Private Messages!

This game was open to any member of ORG Planet. That means staff members with Mod powers as well. I can't stop them from cheating and finding out who is who, but I hope they realize they are on the honor system, and I expect them not to snoop around logged in as a staff member and use their 'powers' to tilt the balance of the game. I ask they only visit these threads as their alias and to try not to stalk the "online members" list on the main page. Thanks in advance! Smile

========ROLES========
KIRA (Mafia) (3)
Kira(s) are selected at random to receive the power to kill anyone in the game with their Deathnote account, a separate alias account. (See below in activities). This power comes with a Shinigami, a death spirit that follows you around and will avenge you in the event of your death. Kira also have a special ability they can call upon called Shinigami Eyes to help them locate other possible Kira. (see below in activities). Kira may participate in arrests. Kira do not have guns. The Kira wins by eliminating all Investigators and FBI agents. Whether or not you decide to work with other Kira is up to you.

INVESTIGATOR (Paranoid Gun Holders) (7)
It is your job to weed out the Kira(s) before they eliminate you. You can do this in one of two ways. The first and standard approach is to rally for an arrest (vote for a lynch). The other way involves some risk, but it gives you some powerful initiative: You may shoot one person you suspect, killing them on the spot. Depending on their guilt or innocence, you may either by lauded as a fallen hero, the shinigami taking its revenge on you and the Kira revealed, or arrested on the spot as a cop murderer, either way, this will be your last move in the game. The risk is yours to take. Investigators win by eliminating all Kira.

FBI AGENT(Special Investigator Role) (2)
With more specialized training than most of the others in the room, you alone posses the necessary skills to thoroughly investigate your fellow captives without gaining their attention, but in these cramped quarters, you can only get away with it for so long before you are caught. (See "Special Investigator" below) You do not carry a gun like the other Investigators do.

"L" (Host)
"L" is the enigmatic ringleader of the Kira investigation. For his own safety, he only remains in remote contact with the group, updating them with information pertinent to their fates.

"L" will handle all arrests as soon as they come to his attention. You can't kill "L" because he is not in the room with you, and the Kira do not know his real name. "L" will also have the power to brand players as a 'Prime suspect'.(See "Prime Suspect" below)

======GAME ACTIVITIES======
ARRESTS (Lynches)
Arrests work just like lynches, but for accountability purposes, all arrest votes will be cast in the Incarceration Rally thread. Arrests are made when a majority of the remaining group rallies to arrest an individual, if the remaining group number is even, majority is half plus one (12 players = majority of 7, 10 players = 6, etc.). Once arrested, please respect the integrity of the game and post one closing statement you have in the Last Words thread. Also, once an arrest is made, the game does not move into a 'different phase'. Instead, the remaining players continue to play the game as if it were always the "Day phase" of a regular mafia game, since the Investigators and Kira(s) may kill or act at any time they choose, there is no need for a 'Night Phase'.

"L" will reveal the roles of arrested people as soon as it is realized they are arrested, and they will be removed from the game after they have completed a final statement, or opted not to. I will do my best to keep arrested role reveals updated on a daily basis.

KIRA ABILITIES
(Deathnote Account)

This abandons the "Night Phase" aspect of a regular mafia game.
A Kira can kill anyone in the game they choose, at any time after the first 3 days of the game, by simply writing the name of the person they wish to kill in the Deathnote thread, by posting the name of the target and any flavor they wish to add (such as cause of death, taunt the investigators, etc) in the appropriate thread WITH THEIR KIRA ACCOUNT. The initial time limit is in place to give everybody a chance to establish themselves in the game. There is no limit to how many times or how often the Deathnote can be used after the initial 3 days.

If you kill a player that has a vote cast for an arrest, the living investigators will honor that vote as long as at least one other living person has a vote cast in the same name. In other words, their vote 'stays there' until something else happens that would cause it to be resolved (the person they voted for is arrested/killed, they have the only remaining vote on a person, or the game ends).

If a Kira kills another Kira with their Deathnote ability, both will die: the Shinigami of the victim will take their revenge on the attacking Kira and kill them. This mechanic makes an unbridled killing spree a really bad idea for Kira.

IF YOU ARE KILLED BY KIRA: No more posting. You are dead. This means no closing statements. I realize close calls can be made in posting times and I am willing to grant a more than reasonable grace period of 5 minutes. With that in mind, check the Deathnote thread often to make sure you aren't speaking from the grave.

^^^^^^^^^^^^How you use these aspects of the Deathnote is up to you.^^^^^^^^^^^^

(Shinigami Eyes)
You may use this ability at any time, one time. To use it, simply send in a PM to the host who you are targeting. This ability will identify the target to you as a Kira or not. Use comes at the cost to you of half of the time remaining in the game (for example, if there are 8 days left, you will suddenly die 4 days from using the ability. If there are 2 days left, you have 24 hours to try to win before you die.) Dying from Shinigami Eyes will cause you to be revealed as Kira. When you use this ability, I will give you a precise time at which you are forbidden from posting again due to your death.

INVESTIGATOR ABILITIES
(Paranoid Gun Holder Ability)

When you choose to use your gun, simply name the target and 'shoot' them in the main discussion thread (Example: "I take aim and shoot down Fred"). Use Bold, Red letters. This ability can only be used after the first three days of the game. Once the gun is fired, you have expended the gun ability, and may no longer use it. The gunshot victim should not discuss any further (you're dead), and may NOT post a closing statement. The gun user also must refrain from speaking any further in the general discussion thread, but may make a closing statement upon the role reveal of the victim. If the victim was Kira, then you die by Shinigami revenge. If the victim was a fellow investigator, you are arrested on the spot as a murderer and may make a closing statement in the appropriate thread.

(Special Investigator Ability)
Simply send in a PM with three targets to investigate them, at any time. You will be given a 'Guilty' for a group that has Kira(s) in it, and an 'Innocent' for a group with no Kira in it. Either way, you will not be told who is who. The first use has no consequence, the second use will alert the targets to being investigated, and the third and final attempt will 'rat you out' to your targets, giving them your identity and revealing to them that you investigated them. Since you are 'caught', you are no longer permitted to use your abilities.

(L's "PRIME SUSPECT")
Whenever a player has not made a public post in 72 hours since their most recent one or the beginning of the game, they will be branded as a "Prime Suspect", making it far easier to arrest them. Being a Prime Suspect reduces the votes needed to arrest you to 3, unless majority is fewer than 3. Any player that notices this may bring it to attention, but I will do my best to make a public announcement of the fact. This rule exists so that playing the role of 'quiet but active' is still possible, but much more risky and easier to remedy. This game is supposed to be active and frantic. Keep the flavor.

As host, I retain the right to change the game as I see fit to balance the game and keep it fun for all. If you have an issue, do not hesitate to bring it up to me, but I reserve the right not to act on it if I find it unnecessary. Please keep things mature, Blah Blah Blah, I will assume we are all adults here, playing a game. Above all else, have fun Smile
Back to top Go down

General Game Outline
Page 1 of 1