ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Reality Gaming Planet

HomeHomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Paranormal Activity

Go down 
+5
Jess
dj
Deetster
RYAN!
MoMo
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MoMo
MoMo

Pig

Paranormal Activity Empty
PostSubject: Paranormal Activity   Paranormal Activity EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 4:03 am

I'm certainly a desensitized person. I could watch all the gross gore and 'big scare' movies that exist and just find them entertaining. There are few things in movies that scare me, just like particular quirks of my own psyche are what will get me going in scary movie. Not really anything to do with the movie itself. Like, I'll get more scared by someone going swimming in a pool during a scene that's not supposed to be frightening than during the chainsaw chase or whatever. I saw The Exorcist when it came out for re-release in theaters, and that was the first time I'd ever seen it, and I fell asleep, I was just bored. And everyone I've ever met thinks that's the scariest movie for some reason.

Paranormal Activity was the scariest movie I've ever seen in my life.

I don't want to sleep again. Like. Ever.

Also what always makes a movie better is the audience I saw it with was great. Like, very audible about their terror and whatnot. And not in an annoying way, just in a way that made me get more into it.

But really, if you wanna scare yourself you should go see it. And I don't suggest waiting for the DVD or anything...just because I think if I saw that movie in my own house I would have to move.
Back to top Go down
RYAN!
Stardust
Stardust
RYAN!

Horse

PostSubject: Re: Paranormal Activity   Paranormal Activity EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 1:16 pm

I.AGREE.COMPLETELY.

I don't know why I didn't start this thread already so I'm glad you did. I saw the first ever Canadian showing (woo) just over a week ago and was hoping it lived up to the hype. I got my friends to demand it, and demand it, and demand it and finally Toronto was in the top 10 and the theatre about 15 minutes away from me got it. I immediately got my tickets. I am an avid horror movie fan, and have seen a lot of them. I've only ever been mildly irked by the stuff in some horror movies, but never truly scared, until I saw this film.

During it, I was more on the edge of my seat and cringing at the thought of some of this happening. Once we left and I started rethinking a lot of the stuff that had occurred I realized how terrified I actually was. SEE THIS MOVIE if you like movies. Please. It was a small film that cost $11,000 to make and it has exploded into this phenomenon that has made, at least last I checked, just over $10,000,000.

I'm excited that it just got a wide release as of yesterday so I will be seeing it again.

P.S. Of the friends that I saw it with (3 girls who also love horror movies, only one of them normally gets really scared) 2 were crying after about halfway through and the other was crouching in her seat, mortified.
Back to top Go down
MoMo
MoMo

Pig

PostSubject: Re: Paranormal Activity   Paranormal Activity EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 4:44 pm

I actually saw this movie with one of my friends who...for some reason is just constantly terrified of horror movies but always goes to them with me...she is a SCREAMER...but she couldn't even scream through this movie. She didn't even see the end, because she was curled into the crook of my arm weeping.
Back to top Go down
Deetster
Winner
Winner
Deetster

Horse

PostSubject: Re: Paranormal Activity   Paranormal Activity EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 5:01 pm

I actually saw this and I thought it was just alright. Idk what's wrong with me, lol. I think this was completely antisipation driven, and I guess I just didn't allow myself to get to THAT point if you know what I mean. Idk, just didn't get to me like it did everyone else. Perhaps the hype got me too excited for something that it wasn't for me. Who knows, lol.
Back to top Go down
http://copsandrobbers1.proboards.com/index.cgi
MoMo
MoMo

Pig

PostSubject: Re: Paranormal Activity   Paranormal Activity EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 11:43 pm

Well yeah, it was all anticipation, but that's really what was scary about it. I don't find like "startling" or "gore" type scare situations scary. I think it was just the threat of horrible things that kept me so frightened.
Back to top Go down
dj
dj

PostSubject: Re: Paranormal Activity   Paranormal Activity EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 6:54 pm

Every night when I go to bed, I just think about that scene in the trailer where they're sleeping, you see the sheets rise as if someone is shaking them, and then the door slams, and I imagine that happening, and then I go to sleep. MAKE IT STOP
Back to top Go down
Deetster
Winner
Winner
Deetster

Horse

PostSubject: Re: Paranormal Activity   Paranormal Activity EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 11:46 pm

Every night I imagine the same exact thing happening to you right before you go to sleep too, DJ. And then I watch you.
Back to top Go down
http://copsandrobbers1.proboards.com/index.cgi
dj
dj

PostSubject: Re: Paranormal Activity   Paranormal Activity EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 12:07 am

You're the cutest demon EVAR
Back to top Go down
Jess
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Jess

Horse

PostSubject: Re: Paranormal Activity   Paranormal Activity EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 2:34 am

No. Nooooo. This thread is not allowed anywhere I am. Which poses the question of why I clicked on it in the first place.

I was terrified the second Ryan told me what the move was about. How can you people WATCH something like that!? HOW!?

HOOOOOOOOOOOW!?

I'm honestly the biggest coward in the world. I sleep with my teddy bear. My closet doors are always open, so I can make sure there are no monsters in there. I can't go to the bathroom with the shower curtain closed, because I think there's someone waiting to kill me on the other side. One of my biggest fears is Polkaroo, just because I watched a children's show when I was 5. And since most of you probably don't know who that is, let's just say he's a giant, multi-coloured kangaroo monster thing that creeps in people's backyards and calls them by cooing "Poooolkaroooooooooooo!" And I couldn't even go to a certain section of Universal Studios because you have to walk through DinoLand to get there, and I was- and still am- convinced those dinosaur robots want to kill me.

So yes. I don't appreciate this thread. Not at all. Please leave my life forever. Scary plus me does not mix. At all. Ask anyone who knows me well.

Not cool. Not cool at all.
Back to top Go down
RYAN!
Stardust
Stardust
RYAN!

Horse

PostSubject: Re: Paranormal Activity   Paranormal Activity EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 10:36 am

She's not lying, she is pretty much scared of everything and anything. Even the most random things. It's kind of entertaining, and easy to poke fun at, so I have no complaints. I should actually show you this movie, Jess, and tape your eyes open and strap you to a chair. That would be a Monday well spent!
Back to top Go down
Jess
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Jess

Horse

PostSubject: Re: Paranormal Activity   Paranormal Activity EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 2:59 pm

Ryyyyyyyyyyyyan!! DJ posted something horrible in Space Junk! Make it stop!!!!
Back to top Go down
dj
dj

PostSubject: Re: Paranormal Activity   Paranormal Activity EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 9:45 pm

AW MAN I ALMOST SAW THIS TONIGHT BUT WE WERE BOTH TOO TIRED.
Back to top Go down
Kenya
Star Emerald
Star Emerald
Kenya

Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Paranormal Activity   Paranormal Activity EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 1:22 pm

A couple weeks ago or something me and my friend saw this movie and yeah it was creepy and all but I'll be honest.. it wasn't as scary as people make it out to be.. and like i love horror movies.. scary movies.. whatever.. I love to get scared.. weird I know.. but yeah this movie was more scary after you saw it than during.. and the ending disappointed me. I was like wtf that was a stupid ending..

After the movie was over.. since I live alone, I had to watch a comedy but then ever after watching that me and my friend talked about this movie which just made it a little creepy again but then after that I totally forgot about the movie all together LOL I guess it didn't have that much of a scare factor on me.
Back to top Go down
Pete
Host
Host
Pete

Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Paranormal Activity   Paranormal Activity EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 2:29 pm

I saw this the other day with a group of friends finally and it creeped me out big time and I never get scared by movies. I see horror movies so often that rarely does it get to me. I feel that this movie was made to seem so real that it made it all the more creepier. The ending was a bit disappointing but oh well. They are apparently making a sequel which I think is stupid.
It definitely is really creepy after the movie though more so than during
Back to top Go down
Trevor
Star Burst
Star Burst
Trevor

Snake

PostSubject: Re: Paranormal Activity   Paranormal Activity EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 12:50 am

oh jeeze. i saw it last weekend. i could not sleep that night. plus it was kinda windy that night. no bueno
i was such a wuss. i was wearing a button front plaid shirt and i was trying to pull it over my head to hide.
and i was sitting next to one of my friends and i has tring to hide behind her shoulder. bad times
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/warped.rationale
Doug
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Doug

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Paranormal Activity   Paranormal Activity EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 3:43 pm

I finally saw this movie, and while it didn't leave a lasting impression, I jumped like four times. I've never jumped at a movie before, so I have to say, this movie is something special.

Probably won't watch it again though, because the entire thing relies on the element of surprise...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/profile.php?ref=name&
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paranormal Activity   Paranormal Activity Empty

Back to top Go down

Paranormal Activity
Page 1 of 1