ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Thanks for visiting ORG Planet!

Remember that your session may expire due to inactivity unless you've checked the "log me in automatically" feature.
ORG Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Reality Gaming Planet

HomeHomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Maneo Tribe: Me

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Adam
Winner
Winner
Adam

Rat

Maneo Tribe: Me Empty
PostSubject: Maneo Tribe: Me   Maneo Tribe: Me EmptyWed May 26, 2010 12:01 am

Look, Andrew Jackson tried to evict Native Americans but the Supreme Court tried to shut that down. So, he then pulled a gun on everyone.

Sorry.

Js
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/wariopuff
Adam
Winner
Winner
Adam

Rat

PostSubject: Re: Maneo Tribe: Me   Maneo Tribe: Me EmptyWed May 26, 2010 12:50 am

The Cherokee tribe took the matter to the Supreme Court, where then Chief Justice John Marshall presided.

The case, Cherokee Nation v. Georgia, 30 US 1 (1831), was dismissed for lack of original jurisdiction because the Supreme Court determined the Cherokee Nation and United States were like two separate nations, with the Cherokee's status that of a "denominated domestic dependent nation," which the federal government was obligated to protect. In Worcester v. Georgia, (1832) Chief Justice John Marshall stated that Georgia had no legal right to interfere with the Cherokee and held that the Native Americans were not bound by Georgia law while on their own land. In the Court's opinion the territory under Cherokee occupation would have passed to the United States government following the British defeat in the Revolutionary War, and that the Cherokee Nation was not a state but a "denominated domestic dependent nation." This created an implied obligation for the federal government to defend the Native Americans against Georgia, but Jackson ignored Marshall's suggestion.

While this may appear to grant the Cherokee a right to remain on tribal land, the ruling only applied to the state of Georgia. The Court lacked jurisdiction to force the United States to defend Cherokee land because the United States was not party to the case, and the question before the Court related to the fate of imprisoned missionaries (Worcester, et al.), and whether the State of Georgia had a right to make laws regulating the use of Cherokee land, not removal.

Unfortunately, the decision couldn't reach the broader issue regarding Georgia's and Congress' determination to evict the Cherokee, so any allegations that the Supreme Court determined the Cherokee could remain on their land is a misinterpretation of the case.

Jackson didn't like the Supreme Court's ruling, but negotiated with the Governor of Georgia for the missionaries' pardon.

Jackson was a staunch proponent of Indian removal because, in his view, the Indian land was a valuable commodity, and their occupation stood in the way of progress. The United States had already appropriated more than 22 million acres of land from the Creek (1814) and Seminole (1818) nations by use of military force. An earlier Supreme Court ruling, Johnson v. M'Intosh (1823), validated this practice, while the Worcester ruling seemed to condemn it, supporting, instead, Native American rights.

Both Jackson and the state of Georgia ignored the Court's ruling about Georgia law being inapplicable in Native American territory.

The US government was ultimately responsible for the Cherokee being removed from Georgia as a result of the Treaty of New Echota, ratified in 1836. Congress offered the Native Americans $5 million and land 1,000 miles away in Indian Territory (present day Oklahoma) in exchange for their Southern land. An unauthorized faction within the Cherokee Nation agreed to the Treaty, but the elected Cherokee officials protested to Congress. Congress ignored them.

President Van Buren, Jackson's cohort and successor, ordered federal troops to force some 15,000 Cherokees to leave Georgia in winter, leading to what became known as the Trail of Tears for the many who died en route.
Back to top Go down
Adam
Winner
Winner
Adam

Rat

PostSubject: Re: Maneo Tribe: Me   Maneo Tribe: Me EmptyWed May 26, 2010 12:55 am

The US has a history of dealing with factions rather than elected officials. Some argue that that's the reason why there is no real progress with Palestine. We, so they say, deal with the overthrown dude rather than Hamas, the elected government. We, so we say, view them as crazy people and we just disregard what the other people want.

In this case, Jackson found a faction of people that would agree with him. That was Jackson's whole presidency. He fired people who said no to them. And he fired people who had authority to do things he did not like his Secretaries of Treasury. Obviously, the elected Cherokees would not agree to this deal and move out, so he went behind their back and wheeled and dealed with people who would say yes to them. Some say that this was a strength of his. He had a way to use the backdoor which on paper, is clever. But, skirting the law is hardly clever. Finding loopholes is legal, but come on.

That is your Jackson history lesson for the day.
Back to top Go down
WANG KON
Stardust
Stardust
WANG KON

Horse

PostSubject: Re: Maneo Tribe: Me   Maneo Tribe: Me EmptyWed May 26, 2010 1:56 am

WHAT IS THIS>??? your damned confessional????

NO, its not JACKSOB!!!!!! 9mm

NO ONE IS GONNA READ THAT WALL OF TEXT!!!!! Clap *bitch slaps*

RAH RAH OO LA LA, GA GA OO LA LA guitar
Back to top Go down
Winston Churchill
Stardust
Stardust
Winston Churchill

PostSubject: Re: Maneo Tribe: Me   Maneo Tribe: Me EmptyWed May 26, 2010 2:48 am

I'm so glad I was given a shot of adrenaline before reading this. Bravo Jackson. You're a man, you're a man, you're a mighty good man. Jolly good, yes.
Back to top Go down
Adam
Winner
Winner
Adam

Rat

PostSubject: Re: Maneo Tribe: Me   Maneo Tribe: Me EmptyWed May 26, 2010 2:59 am

CHURCHILL!! YOUR TURN! Give us some history.
Back to top Go down
WANG KON
Stardust
Stardust
WANG KON

Horse

PostSubject: Re: Maneo Tribe: Me   Maneo Tribe: Me EmptyWed May 26, 2010 1:01 pm

"With the kingdom unified, Wang Kon spent the remainder of his reign stabilizing the dynasty. He married twenty-nine women from various parts of the peninsula, used both indigenous techniques and political institutions modeled on Chinese practices, and turned to Buddhism as ways to unify the country. Before he died, he issued Ten Injunctions instructing his descendants how to govern so as to ensure the success of the dynasty. These Ten Injunctions serve as an excellent political and intellectual statement of the era. Three of Wang Kon's sons succeeded him as monarchs."

I WIN... NO ONE IS COOLER THAN WANG KON bounce
Back to top Go down
Winston Churchill
Stardust
Stardust
Winston Churchill

PostSubject: Re: Maneo Tribe: Me   Maneo Tribe: Me EmptyWed May 26, 2010 10:28 pm

I would be delighted to enlighten you on the life of Winston Churchill!

Sir Winston Churchill! As Prime Minister of the UK during World War II, I am like God and can knight myself. I am pasty and have six chins from my many years shouting from the top of my luxury suite balcony that that day was the day I would start to change my ways and work out and then I would sit back in my wheel chair and enjoy a lovely breakfast, brunch, lunch, lupper or linner and supper or dinner before retiring to my bed from 10am to 4pm where I would enjoy another meal and retire again. Filling out appropriate paperwork as it is placed infront of me and my stamp ready for pressing on the fine paper.

I now have five children that are bitter toward me because I refuse to die. I promised them I would live to see them have children and for their children to have children and for their children to have pets. The pets, so long as their names were suitable would be receiving the liquidation evenly of my estate pending they were not deceased prematurely (I.E. not hit by vehicle at anytime, does not jump from a moving vehicle at anytime, does not get shot during a hunting expedition, does not get quilled by a porcupine, does not get sprayed directly in the face and mouth by a skunk repeatedly or get eaten by another animal and does not living a cage or tank full time.) and they do not have a litter of their own at anytime as they will forfeit their share and instead be split between the litter which would be the next in line.

My wife still prays every night for rain in hopes that I will rust. What she does not know is that I have a trusty work crew that will oil me up in the event that very thing should happen so I can continue on my legacy. My favorite color is mauve. FDR and I play Parcheesi every other Sunday and occasionally I'll have a visitor from down at the local pub come up to play a game of drunken chess. That is quite enjoyable if I do say so myself.

I believe the title Prime Minister is quite accurate. I am in the prime of my life, I've had six hip replacements, four heart transplants and two pacemaker recharges. I have a wall of metal surrounding the inside of my skull to protect from the sun's rays. I have the best hearing aids money can buy. I am happy to report that I have never broken a bone, though some have disintagrated in time and require that I stay sitting full time. These are the days I wish I'd followed through with the exercise. Although the doctors have done quite a job with replacements, unfortunately they are not perfectly the same and as such I am to stay in my wheel chair unless I am in bed or in the limo.

I enjoy watching tennis, golf and volleyball turnaments. They are an excellent time for a nap and no one notices I am asleep because I hear the snoring next to and infront of me while I rest due to the hearing aides. I told you they were the best. What is that beeping noise? Oh dear it's my phone, must go now. Yes, quite. Ta.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maneo Tribe: Me   Maneo Tribe: Me Empty

Back to top Go down

Maneo Tribe: Me
Page 1 of 1